Will the Harmony be as big a disaster as the Liberty?

pdrcruiser

Not that i am a diamond or anything, but if i was, i would not hang out in those lounges.

I rather hang out with more down to earth people in other bars.

Those "SPECIAL" areas are filled with to much snobbery, cant stand that. Not saying all of the people in there look down on the poor, but allot do just by the looks they give you.

I like the idea of a D something only cruise.

"Excuse me i'm a D something, you don't count!, get out of my room!" HA HA

Just saying!

We were on Freedom last week and both CL and DL were very crowded. We like the CL and met several fascinating couples. We like to chat with people we don't know and learn about them. Since Freedom is leaving PC this fall, there were a lot of experienced cruisers who seemed to be taking one last Freedom cruise before it moves. If it was crowded, we did go to the Schooner Bar, so it was not a big thing. I agree, the food is just okay, but a piece of cheese and carrots and celery go well with a glass of wine.

So, the CL/SL was crowded? How many people would you say?

Not that i am a diamond or anything, but if i was, i would not hang out in those lounges.

I rather hang out with more down to earth people in other bars.

Those "SPECIAL" areas are filled with to much snobbery, cant stand that. Not saying all of the people in there look down on the poor, but allot do just by the looks they give you.

I like the idea of a D something only cruise.

"Excuse me i'm a D something, you don't count!, get out of my room!" HA HA

Just saying!

No doubt you've met some snobs while on a ship but how do you know their C&A status?

diamond lounges are crowded on all ships. You get 3 drink vouchers, use them somewhere else

With only one cruise under my belt, I found taking the ship's advice actually helps in the case. We had late seating, we didn't go to the Diamond club till about 10 minutes before Early started. That seemed to be a good time to easily get a seat. The first night we went the moment it was open, excited to finally see what was beyond the golden doors.

My husband and I are Diamond members and it took a while to get here. Our first Diamond cruise was on the Anthem premiere voyage from NJ and the lounge was a nice perk. We don't drink (so even those drinks that are loaded on our cards don't matter - although a free virgin piñata colada would be nice) but I do enjoy a before dinner snack. I agree some of the folks in the lounge are snobby and some are downright drunks (on the Anthem voyage the glass door between the lounge and the bar next door was kicked hard so the glass shattered). Going in there doesn't mean we don't want to associate with others, we just want to enjoy our perk. Assuming all are snobby or don't want to associate with "steerage" is wrong.

Curlyhaired

My husband and I generally cruise alone - just the two of us. We love talking to people we meet on the cruise. What we like about the cocktail hours in the Diamond Lounge, is that it is perfectly acceptable to walk up to a couple already seated, and ask to join them. It's almost sort of expected that if you have empty seats at your table, strangers will join you. We have met some really interesting people this way.

Now yes, we could take our vouchers and go to the Schooner Lounge for our drinks. But we would really not be comfortable walking up to strangers, and asking to join them! Especially if the lounge was not pretty full. Sort of awkward don't you think? We also would be unlikely to meet these same strangers by accident again later in our cruise. In the Diamond Lounge, if you go around the same time each night - depending on your dining hour - then you likely run into the same people. Makes for a sort of camaraderie each evening when you can wave and say hello to those you sat with on a previous night.

Will this make or break our cruise? No, but one of the cruises that we enjoyed the most was in a large part due to the wonderful people we met in the Diamond Lounge that week. Perhaps this would not matter to those who travel in larger groups, but for us couples who are shy about approaching strangers, it did matter. At least to us.

During the daytime, both DH and I make a lot of use of the Diamond Lounge on ships with nice ones. On Freedom, we often have breakfast there, plus use the lounge as a quiet place to read. In all lounges DH makes use of the coffee machine several times a day for cappuccinos and expressos. For him this is quite a welcome benefit of having free specialty coffees - probably just as valuable as the free evening drinks.

No doubt you've met some snobs while on a ship but how do you know their C&A status?

Oh thats easy, lets start with the early boarding process, they all look at you like don't you dare enter my line ha ha.

In and AROUND the lounge area, how about the one's that advertise it.

Should i go on?

Man they are easy to spot.

Granted now i may not know exactly what there status is and some may not even have one, but this is easy to spot for sure.

My husband and I generally cruise alone - just the two of us. We love talking to people we meet on the cruise. What we like about the cocktail hours in the Diamond Lounge, is that it is perfectly acceptable to walk up to a couple already seated, and ask to join them. It's almost sort of expected that if you have empty seats at your table, strangers will join you. We have met some really interesting people this way.

Now yes, we could take our vouchers and go to the Schooner Lounge for our drinks. But we would really not be comfortable walking up to strangers, and asking to join them! Especially if the lounge was not pretty full. Sort of awkward don't you think? We also would be unlikely to meet these same strangers by accident again later in our cruise. In the Diamond Lounge, if you go around the same time each night - depending on your dining hour - then you likely run into the same people. Makes for a sort of camaraderie each evening when you can wave and say hello to those you sat with on a previous night.

Will this make or break our cruise? No, but one of the cruises that we enjoyed the most was in a large part due to the wonderful people we met in the Diamond Lounge that week. Perhaps this would not matter to those who travel in larger groups, but for us couples who are shy about approaching strangers, it did matter. At least to us.

During the daytime, both DH and I make a lot of use of the Diamond Lounge on ships with nice ones. On Freedom, we often have breakfast there, plus use the lounge as a quiet place to read. In all lounges DH makes use of the coffee machine several times a day for cappuccinos and expressos. For him this is quite a welcome benefit of having free specialty coffees - probably just as valuable as the free evening drinks.

Yep i see your point Cello, i'm really not complain just wanted to bring up a point that there is plenty of real nice people all around the ship not just in the lounge.

I meet so many cool people i loose count, but i definitely hear you on that coffee :).

I just dont understand the love of the "lounge"

You get the free drinks loaded onto your card so you can get them at any bar.(almost)

The food they serve there is not good.

and there are never very many seats ( crowded or not)

I go in during the day or early in the morning to get expresso and thats about it

Indeed

For me is that some people want to use the lounge because they earned it the privilege. As boarding trough the special line when sometimes the regular ( gold and below) line is faster for check in

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can see people now showing up early just to get a seat in the Diamond Lounge, if they are not already doing it....

Just rename all the bars the Diamond Lounge but make sure the general public can have a drink too.....

It is not something that is promised and can be taken away at any time, at RCCL desecration.

Couldn't one just leave a towel in the seat, and come back a few hours later?

:D

There are too many diamonds and diamond plus for ANY ship to be able to accommodate them in a Lounge any more. That's why they instituted the vouchers, who's is by far the one perk that deemed most important by those surveyed.

For those that proclaim that they like hanging out with like minded people: hello, any public space will do. Just make arrangements to meet at X Lounge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I encourage all Diamonds & above to stay in your designated area. Please don't over crowd the rest of the ship's bars. :D I kid. I kid. Seriously though, Royal has it going on. They've created a loyalty program that just keeps growing and growing.

Oh thats easy, lets start with the early boarding process, they all look at you like don't you dare enter my line ha ha.

In and AROUND the lounge area, how about the one's that advertise it.

Should i go on?

Man they are easy to spot.

Granted now i may not know exactly what there status is and some may not even have one, but this is easy to spot for sure.

I guess I'm a snob by your description.:( Here I thought I was just taking advantage of perks I earned (Diamond) or paid for (suite passenger). Please pardon me if I offend you by boarding at the time offered or grabbing a snack/drink in a lounge that's open to me.:rolleyes:

My experience on one TA was that there were long lines and crowds for everything, especially since the weather was not perfect for sitting out in the sun. Lots of competition for all the activities and for seats. I was on Brilliance. Never again.

I agree, good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I guess I'm a snob by your description.:( Here I thought I was just taking advantage of perks I earned (Diamond) or paid for (suite passenger). Please pardon me if I offend you by boarding at the time offered or grabbing a snack/drink in a lounge that's open to me.:rolleyes:

How does one earn something that is not theirs to keep? Until such time as all people realize, that RCCL owns the perks, not you, they will never get it.

Royal is now posting the boarding times, by deck... are you going to follow the request?

This is nothing new to RCL. I've received notice via text to board at a certain time as early as 2013. Few if anyone ever follows this. I was a newby and actually walked up & down the long line attempting to find my correct spot in line. I must have been pretty entertaining as most folks just smiled, chuckled, and some laughed.

BTW, I've followed Cindy's posts for awhile. She'll be one of the first to board as they generally enjoy the suite life.

I have no issue with the perks that you pay for, and boarding early is one of them. So far, we have not come across a bad cruiser in the Diamond & above grouping or those with inside cabins. A cruise is what you make of it. If you look for problems and issues, you'll surely find them. I also seriously doubt anyone snubbed anyone or looked down at anyone as mentioned above.

This is nothing new to RCL. I've received notice via text to board at a certain time as early as 2013. Few if anyone ever follows this. I was a newby and actually walked up & down the long line attempting to find my correct spot in line. I must have been pretty entertaining as most folks just smiled, chuckled, and some laughed.

A cruise is what you make of it. If you look for problems and issues, you'll surely find them. I also seriously doubt anyone snubbed anyone or looked down at anyone as mentioned above.

Thanks, I couldn't agree with you more... we have cruised, had issues, but they just seem to go away with all the other stuff we have such a great time with.... but there are those that can't have a great cruise, without a seat in the DL or a cup of Java in the DL. We are able to find anything we want or substitute something.... if they don't have the stuff to make my special drink, I just try something different....