Dave’s Trip To, Around and Into Australia, Sept. 26 – Nov. 23, 2016

RetiredMustang

Oct. 10, at sea

Sunday, Oct. 9 officially does not exist on board Maasdam. We have shifted to Monday, Oct. 10 to account for crossing the international date line. We have today at sea, and are scheduled to visit Apia, Samoa, tomorrow.

Here are the first four pages of the On Location:

10OctOL_1_zpsowhp0r0z.jpg 10OctOL_2_zpsq141amin.jpg

10OctOL_3_zps593iepdk.jpg 10OctOL_4_zpsbp1j5b6h.jpg

More in the next post,

Dave

Love your old geezer nostalgia Dave - LOL :)

Hope you don't mind, but I copied your post on the new breakfast menu and shared it with the board (giving you full credit). I suspect more people will be tuning into your live thread ;)

Oct. 10, at sea (Cont.)

It took a bit to remember where I had seen it among the literature that was on the desk when we came aboard, and which is now tucked away, but here is the in-room dining menu:

In-room%20dining%20menu_zpsrzbhqpwy.jpg

I also re-discovered the Greenhouse Spa menu:

Greenhouse%201_zpswleji6zd.jpg

Greenhouse%202_zps5qkgruap.jpg

More later,

Dave

Love your old geezer nostalgia Dave - LOL :)

Hope you don't mind, but I copied your post on the new breakfast menu and shared it with the board (giving you full credit). I suspect more people will be tuning into your live thread ;)

Jacqui,

No problems, grab what you like.

Dave

Thank you for posting the 24 hour menu. I was curious what was available with the breakfast menu changing. We have never ordered off the 24 hour menu. Maybe the "old" breakfast menu could be a Mariner perk benefit.. perhaps at 3 stars?? Seems like return cruisers sure miss it. I will on my next cruise.

Oct. 10, at sea (Cont.)

Today is Canada’s Thanksgiving Day, and the dining room was decorated:

Canada%20Thanksgiving_zpsdyrvzfhp.jpg

And, there was the traditional roast turkey dinner on the menu. Here are the dinner and dessert menus:

10Oct%20MDR%20menu_zpsq2okyexw.jpg

10Oct%20MDR%20dessert_zpsro9xykfm.jpg

DW and I both started with what we call “Greens and Beans” – the Island Salad, with green, red kidney and garbanzo beans. Pretty good, actually. We both then passed on the turkey and went with the Korean beef ribs, which were flanken style, and excellent. For dessert, DW had the brownie hot fudge sundae, while I had the raspberry sorbet.

After dinner, we passed by the Explorer’s Lounge and saw, and heard for a bit, Adagio playing again. Earlier in the day, I saw a display in the shops window of a CD of theirs for purchase, which had their names on it. They are: Andreea Coseru (piano) and Alexandru Gherman (violin). I asked DW how long that display had been in the window, since I didn’t remember seeing it. She said, “oh, since about Vancouver.” D’oh!

More later,

Dave

Oct. 11, Apia

Today we visit Apia, Samoa. We have booked a shore excursion to see the city highlights and tour the Robert Louis Stevenson Museum.

Here are the first four pages of the On Location:

11OctOL_1_zps1a6iksto.jpg 11OctOL_2_zpsd6md97fc.jpg

11OctOL_3_zps6mhiavpt.jpg 11OctOL_4_zpsakoyypfg.jpg

More in the next post,

Dave

Oct. 11, Apia (Cont.)

thanks Dave. Noticed the treatment of the wooden articles and the NO packaged food allowed off ship from here on in. They are certainly not taking any risk with the environment. Hope you enjoy your tour.

I have been following your posts and figuring what I what to eat for dinner. Thanks for all the pics. We were to go on the Canada trip back to FL. We had to cancel due to Matthew. Had no major damage other than one tree and many bushes that thought their leaves belonged in our pool. We were without power for a few days and our drinking water was off. Roughing it is no fun when you are a senior citizen.

One has to admit that HAL has interesting chairs on their ships!!

Edited by catl331