Please Don't End Dynamic Dining

robbykapnj

Hi All,

We have been looking forward to cruising on the Anthem of the Seas for awhile.

We are very sick of the same old cruising experience. Same old menus - once I see one item I can recite the rest. Same dining room night after night. Same love and marriage show, same questions, same quest show, same questions, same belly flop contest, same questions. Same 70s parade, costumes and soundtrack. We once saw Zumba at the pool on the Independence of the Seas and welcomed a change and creativity.

We welcomed change on the Anthem. New cuisines, brand new rotating menues that change every 4 nights, changing dining venues and scenery. With MyTime Dining, there will still be reservtions and still be the same space across the same venues.

We really were looking forward to something unpredictable. The menues and venues were enticing and it was a new and different experience we were looking forward to. The different dining experience made the Anthem of the Seas appealing to us and made us consider giving Royal Caribbean another chance after taking our past 5 cruises with them.

If Royal Caribbean is going to change this, why the rush? Can't they wait until next year when fewer people are impacted and can book a cruise based on the vastly differnt experence that can be appropriately sold? Cruisers can have adequate time to cancel if they do not want the same old experience.

Why the rush? Is there any chance Royal Caribbean considers waiting until 2017 to cancel Dynamic Dining?

Edited by robbykapnj

I expect they're getting rid of it as it wasn't well received.

They're not going to keep it for another year or so to please a few if they think the majority want it gone, or that the money is better without it.

They didn't wait till existing bookings expired before introducing it, did they?

Hi All,

We are very sick of the same old cruising experience. Same old menus - once I see one item I can recite the rest. Same dining room night after night. Same love and marriage show, same questions, same quest show, same questions, same belly flop contest, same questions. Same 70s parade, costumes and soundtrack. We once saw Zumba at the pool on the Independence of the Seas and welcomed a change and creativity.

Sounds more like you need to find a different way of spending your vacation time then cruising. Sad that the only way to add excitement to your cruises is to change up the dining. :rolleyes:

While I found the idea of Dynamic Dining very appealing and enjoyed it a great deal, I would never have wanted to sail in the current environment with so many of these very vocal passengers that are against the concept.

I think RCI will have another go at an innovative dining concept in 2019 with the introduction of Quantum 4 and then Quantum 5 in 2020. The Royal IQ app and the arm bands that were introduced with Quantum along with the introduction of Voom fleetwide are indicators of future developments.

It was telling when Harmony was introduced with the same adaptions, in principle, that they had done with the re-fit of the Oasis and Allure dining rooms.

I think in the 2 years prior to new innovation that RCI will focus more on incentivizing more passengers to move over to specialty dining options as a way to improve the cruise experience for passengers craving more 'exciting' dining and wanting to avoid the more 'rigid' cruise experience.

It was telling when Harmony was introduced with the same adaptions, in principle, that they had done with the re-fit of the Oasis and Allure dining rooms.

It will be even more telling if Oasis 4 comes out with the same theme in the MDR.

Edited by Biker19

Although I understand your disappointment, it sounds to me as if you are bored with the "same old, same old" with RRCL altogether. You have many complaints in your post besides something you have not even tried yet. How about trying a new cruise line and change it up? I know I would bored with the same shows, etc. etc. I have posted many times....for the life of me, I do not understand why people feel they need to be loyal to one cruise line. Variety is the spice of life.

Although I understand your disappointment, it sounds to me as if you are bored with the "same old, same old" with RRCL altogether. You have many complaints in your post besides something you have not even tried yet. How about trying a new cruise line and change it up? I know I would bored with the same shows, etc. etc. I have posted many times....for the life of me, I do not understand why people feel they need to be loyal to one cruise line. Variety is the spice of life.

Couldn't agree more. While RCCL is our "go-to" cruise line, we also love to cruise on Celebrity and Carnival. Never a bad cruise on any line. They are all similar but different enough to have a unique experience!

I agree with this post. I have intentionally tried different lines every time I cruised and have now been on almost all the mainline cruise lines. Although they all have a lot in common, each has a different feel and a different way of doing things. I will never accumulate enough loyalty points to significant perks, but I have enjoyed the variety of experiences. I still have not tried Disney yet, though, which does have a rotating restaurant dining program.