Shore excursion SALE???

BopRN

WE are 9 days from sailing and ALL the shore excursions are now 10% off...after we have about $700 invested! Is this a typical Princess practice? Of course, one cannot cancel & rebook as per their terms and I know they are trying to fill them up. Never heard of this with other cruise lines.

Do most of you wait to book excursions hoping they will be on sale? Of course for a very popular one, you run the risk of it being full. I am just surprised.

Depends what type shore excursion but I thought most can be cancelled 5 days before. I would at least call Princess and ask for the price difference. You should get it.

The excursions for our cruise in November also went on sale yesterday.

I had 4 ship excursions booked (have had them booked for months now). On the website, I simply cancelled them and then rebooked them, and the new lower price now shows. Well, I cancelled and rebooked 3 of them. One of them had gone up in price since we first booked and even with the 10% sale, it was not as cheap as our original booking.

We ended up saving over $40 from what we would have paid if we did not cancel and rebook. Took less than 5 minutes and all done on the website.

Don

Depends what type shore excursion but I thought most can be cancelled 5 days before. I would at least call Princess and ask for the price difference. You should get it.

I agree. It doesn't cost you anything to call and try.

Tony

All I see is the word "sale" in red posted over the shore excursions tab. There are no details listed nor do I see any discounts on our cruise excursions pages.

Swell communication!

I do love Princess but they certainly lack communication skills!

Edited by Clampram

Did you look at the "excursions" tab in your cruise personalizer? Mine has that red "Sale" sign attached to it but no other info and the prices look pretty much the same to me.

Edited by Clampram

We are 21 days out and I just looked all over the website and my cruise personalizer and see nothing about 10% off

What am I doing wrong? (or is it over already)

Go to your cruise personalizer. Along the top, it will show Booking Summary, Guest Check-in, Excursion Reservations. When you are in the shore excursions the front page may not reflect a discount, but, when you click through to make reservation, it should show. I hope this helps.

Marie

Go to your cruise personalizer. Along the top, it will show Booking Summary, Guest Check-in, Excursion Reservations. When you are in the shore excursions the front page may not reflect a discount, but, when you click through to make reservation, it should show. I hope this helps.

Marie

Nope, nothing.....I even made a couple of fake bookings to see if a lower price popped up and nothing showed. I'm going to guess that there is something wrong with the loaded info on the sale and hopefully they will fix it!

Marie

For some reason that didn't work either. I did a mock reservation and the price was the same after I reserved it. Its not even a really big or expensive excursion its $65

I had 4 ship excursions booked (have had them booked for months now). On the website, I simply cancelled them and then rebooked them, and the new lower price now shows. Well, I cancelled and rebooked 3 of them. One of them had gone up in price since we first booked and even with the 10% sale, it was not as cheap as our original booking.

We ended up saving over $40 from what we would have paid if we did not cancel and rebook. Took less than 5 minutes and all done on the website.

Don

That is what we noticed on one of our excursions in Puerto Vallarta. We paid $99 months ago and now it went up to $109, $99 with the discount. I was surprised they went up. It would have been nice to save.

For some reason that didn't work either. I did a mock reservation and the price was the same after I reserved it. Its not even a really big or expensive excursion its $65

Upon reading your post, I went to my cruise personalizer. For the sale excursions I reserved, it appears they are back to regular price.

Marie

You can also call and they will cancel and rebook for you, but be careful, if the excursion is almost full. Someone could slip into the spot you canceled, in between canceling and rebooking. Ours weren't full. And it does say "for select sailings", so maybe it's not offered on the ones y'all aren't finding it on?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Small print said cancellations up to 30 days, we sail in 28! Have booked one more excursion though at 10% off so better than nothing. And will pay for it with pre-purchased on board credits at a better rate than the bank.

Don

I did exactly the same Mud_Shark and have saved over $40 which will pay for a cocktail or two:D

Just looked in my personaliser and the sale is still on for my November B2B.

Edited by jefa

I didn't know Princess has excursion sales! Does it generally happen as a departure date is within a few weeks? We don't depart until next Sept. Would love to get lower prices on 3 that I've booked, and several that I'm considering.

I called Princess...they were not helpful. :confused: The guy didn't want to do the re-booking for me. So I did it myself. I saved $50. Interestingly, yesterday it was a 10% off sale...today it was just a "sale" and I didn't save as much. But every bit helps. I had no problem with the excursions not being available which I was worried about.

I thought there was a 30 day cut-off, but that was only for excursions including hotel reservations, etc. Otherwise it seems to be the 5 day cut-off.

Now to sit back and anticipate this week of packing and traveling!

WE are 9 days from sailing and ALL the shore excursions are now 10% off...after we have about $700 invested! Is this a typical Princess practice? Of course, one cannot cancel & rebook as per their terms and I know they are trying to fill them up. Never heard of this with other cruise lines.

Do most of you wait to book excursions hoping they will be on sale? Of course for a very popular one, you run the risk of it being full. I am just surprised.

To answer your original question, no, this is not typical Princess practice. I've never seen an excursion sale of this magnitude before.