add a passenger to booking now or potentially remove them later?

We are looking at a cruise on the Brilliance in January. It will be me, my husband and our adult daughter. My daughter thinks her bf might be able to come but he may not. So I want to book a family ocean view cabin that will fit the three of us, but if he can come then they would book a cabin of their own later.

I guess I'm asking is it harder to add her to our cabin later or remove her later in the event he comes?

I have read that there is a limit of how many passengers can be at a muster station and I know that plays a part in adding people. I'm thinking more along the lines of penalties and what not.

Does RCI let you remove a third passenger even after the final payment?

Edited by Emmabelle

I would check with the cruise line to confirm, but I believe you get more time to remove the 3rd or 4th person in a stateroom before there is a penalty.

Correct. 3rd and 4th guests can be removed without penalty up until the reservation enters the final penalty phase which for a one week cruise is within the final 14 days.

Book all 4 now, the problem you run into trying to add a passenger later on, is the Life boat capacity. I don't know the actual breakdown, but say 12 rooms are assigned to lifeboat 1, Once the passenger count reaches say 250 for those 12 rooms, then you can't add anymore to a room even if the room can hold an extra passenger.

thanks everyone for the replies! They would just add an interior room and they really don't care about deck or anything. There seems to be plenty of them left. :) We would know in a couple of weeks whether he could come or not.

thanks everyone for the replies! They would just add an interior room and they really don't care about deck or anything. There seems to be plenty of them left. :) We would know in a couple of weeks whether he could come or not.

Just a quick question are you referring to a FOV (family ocean view) as your post stated or a large ocean view category...a big difference :confused:

Just a quick question are you referring to a FOV (family ocean view) as your post stated or a large ocean view category...a big difference :confused:

I was talking about the FOV. :) We may now book on Carnival instead. No flames please. ;);););)

May not matter any longer.

I don't know about Royal, but on Princess the Family suites require full passenger payment for all 4 passengers, even if you only have 3, you have to pay full boat on 4 people. (Just the clarify, the 3rd and 4th passenger are not at a reduced rate).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May not matter any longer.

I don't know about Royal, but on Princess the Family suites require full passenger payment for all 4 passengers, even if you only have 3, you have to pay full boat on 4 people. (Just the clarify, the 3rd and 4th passenger are not at a reduced rate).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the same on Royal.

You only pay for who is in the cabin and 3rd and 4th are at a reduced rate.