Updates from the Emerald Princess – On her way to Australia!- September/November 2016

Hi Guys

Over the next 48 days I will be attempting to post update and photos from the Emerald Princess as we cruise from Southampton, England (28th September) to Sydney, Australia where we will arrive on the 15th November 2016.

I will also hopefully be able to post on social media as well (I might only be able to post to it when I have free wifi access)

I am on Twitter https://twitter.com/Kiwi_Cruiser and

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kiwi_cruiser/

I am also posting on Facebook, but I don’t know if I can say on here where I am posting, but I will check with Host Walt and get back to you here.

If you could swing by R215 and slip a few spare OBC vouchers under the door for me to find t'would be appreciated.

Failing that - tell me are the swimming pools heated and if so, what temperature - ask one of the pool stewards. Only ask because Mrs Elf has muscle issues and cant get into 'freezing' cold pools.

Have a great cruise and don't drink the bloody ship dry - we are on it just after you :D

Looking forward to reading your trip. Will be very interested to hear what your view of the temperature in cabins is like. There is a thread on the Princess board with a poster complaining that their cabin is too hot to sleep, apparently 71.5F (22C) which for me would be far too hot. Some of the replies say that Emerald has had trouble with its aircon all along and basically nothing can be done so hope to get your take on the situation.

Enjoy the wonderful cruise (sigh).

Hi Guys

Over the next 48 days I will be attempting to post update and photos from the Emerald Princess as we cruise from Southampton, England (28th September) to Sydney, Australia where we will arrive on the 15th November 2016.

I will also hopefully be able to post on social media as well (I might only be able to post to it when I have free wifi access)

I am on Twitter https://twitter.com/Kiwi_Cruiser and

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kiwi_cruiser/

I am also posting on Facebook, but I don’t know if I can say on here where I am posting, but I will check with Host Walt and get back to you here.

I look forward to it Stu. Bon Voyage.:D

Looking forward to the true situation on the Emerald as there is a very unhappy cruiser on a 50 day cruise who says they will not 'mend' her air conditioning in the room and she cannot sleep at 71 degrees F She says the whole ship is poor and bad staff I do not believe it so would love to hear your take on the ship and staff :D:D

Looking forward to the true situation on the Emerald as there is a very unhappy cruiser on a 50 day cruise who says they will not 'mend' her air conditioning in the room and she cannot sleep at 71 degrees F She says the whole ship is poor and bad staff I do not believe it so would love to hear your take on the ship and staff :D:D

I don't blame the person for not being able to sleep at 71 degrees F, I find it just as difficult at 21 Celsius. Hope the ship isn't that bad all over.

Yes, sorry but I read that person's post with amusement.

Room is only 22 degrees Celsius but "too hot" WHILST trying to sleep under a comforter ! Come on! Here's a tip: Take the comforter off! Think that person is being unreasonable to the point nothing would have been acceptable, period.

We were on Emerald for 3 weeks around Med , June/July last year. I had no issues with being "too hot" inside anywhere - and it was pretty hot outside for sure so air con would have been working overtime. And definitely no complaints about the staff or service. Then again, we don't feel entitled. I would have no hesitation going on her again.

Kiwi_cruiser, hope all goes well and you enjoy your cruise.

2 things I liked on Emerald: Port departures, deck 15 out back (above the terrace pool, or 16 if you like the sun). Nice views when leaving ports - beer in hand, plate of corn chips and guacamole dip.

DSC03109_zpsin5mc95k.jpg

(Kusadasi departure. And yes, beer and plate was the focus/purpose of this shot)

And, Lotus Spa pool. Adults only Pool has some shade depending on time of day/ship orientation and is way less crowded - though no bar close:/

Edited by GandM-nq

We also enjoyed the Emerald We had one of the best and most tiring cuises Rome to Rome 21 days and 19 ports but the ship, the staff and the officers could not have been better.

We like a cool bedroom but did not find it uncomfortable BUT we always ask for a top sheet so I can throw off the comforter if I am too warm.

The service and the food were excellent and al;tho0ugh normally I hate foam/plastic cups we get them from the intgernational as you actually get a larger drink:D:D:D

I cannot wait to get on this magnificent ship again late November

We actually celebrated our Emerald wedding anniversary on the ship and the jewellery shop sent me a 'emerald' neglace and earings as a gift

We also enjoyed the Emerald We had one of the best and most tiring cuises Rome to Rome 21 days and 19 ports but the ship, the staff and the officers could not have been better.

We like a cool bedroom but did not find it uncomfortable BUT we always ask for a top sheet so I can throw off the comforter if I am too warm.

The service and the food were excellent and al;tho0ugh normally I hate foam/plastic cups we get them from the intgernational as you actually get a larger drink:D:D:D

I cannot wait to get on this magnificent ship again late November

We actually celebrated our Emerald wedding anniversary on the ship and the jewellery shop sent me a 'emerald' neglace and earings as a gift

That was a nice touch for your 55th Wedding Anniversary, congrats. Are you going on the Diamond for your 6oth perhaps.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

That was a nice touch for your 55th Wedding Anniversary, congrats. Are you going on the Diamond for your 6oth perhaps.:D

Now that is a thought perhaps we will start to save our pennies still 3.5 years to go:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, sorry but I read that person's post with amusement.

Room is only 22 degrees Celsius but "too hot" WHILST trying to sleep under a comforter ! Come on! Here's a tip: Take the comforter off! Think that person is being unreasonable to the point nothing would have been acceptable, period.

Sorry I disagree with you view. You live in the tropics. That temperature is too hot for me and yes, the sensible thing is to take the comforter off and ask for a sheet. But the OP said that one of the things they enjoy about cruising is being able to snuggle down under a doona. Having to ask for a sheet (as it is too hot with the supplied bedding) is also a bit annoying and creates extra work for the steward.

It is not just ships, hotels have the same type of bedding and often no top sheet under the doona. I need to push the aircon down as low as it goes (about 12 C is OK) to have a chance of a reasonable night's sleep.

I do agree with you that the poster did have some other complaints so this was probably blown out of proportion a bit.

Edited by Aussieflyer