Celebrity dining room dress regs

MARCOPOLOSMITH

I have booked a 3 day cruise on the infinity. I have been told that on the first day there are no dress regulations for dinner. Is this correct?

As a general rule the dress regulations apply all nights of the cruise however in reality they give a bit of a leeway on the first night since they know not everyone gets their luggage by dinner. The second thing to mention is this is a three day cruise which is unusual so who knows how much they will enforce such things.

Edited by dkjretired

I have booked a 3 day cruise on the infinity. I have been told that on the first day there are no dress regulations for dinner. Is this correct?

And by whom were you told this? And to what level of lack of regulation :rolleyes: are you interested?

You do have to wear clothing and probably not shorts, otherwise you should be fine in whatever you choose. We usually pack our carry-ons with one outfit just in case our luggage doesn't arrive before dinner. For me, that means a dress, leggings, underwear & a sweater. For my husband it means a clean shirt, underwear since he doesn't wear shorts so he doesn't have to pack a pair of trousers.

You do have to wear clothing and probably not shorts, otherwise you should be fine in whatever you choose. We usually pack our carry-ons with one outfit just in case our luggage doesn't arrive before dinner. For me, that means a dress, leggings, underwear & a sweater. For my husband it means a clean shirt, underwear since he doesn't wear shorts so he doesn't have to pack a pair of trousers.

Oh MY, so your husband will be wearing a clean shirt, clean underwear,

No shorts, and does not pack trousers?? :eek::eek: I knew the MDR has been relaxed, but :confused:

Actually shorts are perfectly fine the first night in the MDR, pretty much anything is since many don't have their luggage yet or have not unpacked...

We have cruised on Celebrity since 1994 and have yet to see anyone in shorts being seated in the MDR. Even on the first evening.

Oh MY, so your husband will be wearing a clean shirt, clean underwear,

No shorts, and does not pack trousers?? :eek::eek: I knew the MDR has been relaxed, but :confused:

Ha ha. I guess a clarification is needed. What I meant was he doesn't wear shorts to board, so he wears the same jeans or trousers he wore on board. I like to change to a dress so I bring a dress in my carryon but I have a rolling tote and he has a backpack, so I have a little more space. Most of the time our luggage has arrived by the time we return from Muster Drill, sometimes even before that, it is there when we get to the cabin.

We have cruised on Celebrity since 1994 and have yet to see anyone in shorts being seated in the MDR. Even on the first evening.

We took our first Cruise in 1991 and our first Celebrity Cruise was in 1994 on the Zenith and have worn shorts on the first evening in the MDR (early traditional) on every Cruise. Our most recent was on the Eclipse April of this year. Apparently we haven't Cruised on the same sailing dates. ;o) Plenty of other Cruisers also. Now for the rest of the Cruise no shorts in the MDR in the evening that I saw. I did see a guy and his young son turned away the second evening entering the MDR for wearing shorts.

Edited by davekathy

Jeans (dark, not ripped) are now accepted.

Shorts? We were shorts on occasion even in 2003 (first cruise) if we were late on board after excursion. Not often though, we try to dress up for our dinners.

• 2 weeks later...