Princess just cancelled a few 2018 sailings due to redeployment

CineGraphic

Yes Golden will be over that way for summer 2018. It arrives in Vancouver on 12th May. Cruise from Tokyo via Alaska booked on that cruise. Leaves Australia March 2014 to Singapore - 2 weeks nothing than leaves Singapore 14th April for Tokyo I am booked on this one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were booked on crown March 24 which is now cancelled. We got the email cancelling but no mention of the 25 obc per person. We rebooked yesterday to the regal April 1 but our ta said he didn't hear anything about the 25 obc. Was this in your cancellation email?

I too had my cruise of April 18, 2018 Royal Princess cancelled. My TA said Princess will not honor the sip and sail promotion on any rebooked cruise. I understand they make changes but to not honor a previous promotion is not good customer service, more like bait and switch.

That doesn't sound very good at all. We were booked on a Celebrity cruise and it was canceled about a year ahead of time. Not only did they allow us to keep all of the perks that were offered at the time of the booking, they also gave us $200 for our trouble. Some people thought this was not acceptable so they canceled. I thought it was very fair so had no problem with rebooking but would have agreed that is wan't acceptable if all they offered us was $25 and none of the perks. :(

Sorry that happened to you.

Add the March 28, 2018 Sapphire Vietnam / Thailand cruise to the list. I noticed that this disappeared from my saved cruises and from the cruise search. Our TA was hearing from Princess about it around the same time. Another passenger on our roll call heard about it earlier today from Princess. The offer is $15 OBC. Our TA is going to ask about transferring sip and sail to any alternative cruise that we book but reading through this thread, it doesn't seem like they are willing to do that. We may try Celebrity - we were looking at them with friends and decided to go with Princess even though Celebrity had some darned attractive deals at the time. Bummer!!

Add the March 28, 2018 Sapphire Vietnam / Thailand cruise to the list. I noticed that this disappeared from my saved cruises and from the cruise search. Our TA was hearing from Princess about it around the same time. Another passenger on our roll call heard about it earlier today from Princess. The offer is $15 OBC. Our TA is going to ask about transferring sip and sail to any alternative cruise that we book but reading through this thread, it doesn't seem like they are willing to do that. We may try Celebrity - we were looking at them with friends and decided to go with Princess even though Celebrity had some darned attractive deals at the time. Bummer!!

Not the same but look at Golden leaving Singapore 14th April goes to Tokyo may be of interest to you.

Sapphire maybe going back to the exclusively Chinese market then like this year. But that happened end of April this year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not the same but look at Golden leaving Singapore 14th April goes to Tokyo may be of interest to you.

Sapphire maybe going back to the exclusively Chinese market then like this year. But that happened end of April this year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the suggestion. We will be looking at multiple alternatives and will throw this one in the mix. I found out Celebrity and Holland America have practically the same itinerary as our cancelled trip so will definitely look into those as well!

R/Ts to Alaska out of Los Angeles. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm booked for April. Now, I need someting in September. :D

I was excited to see this cruise in April 2018, but I want to take the kids and grandkids to Alaska in the Summer (July). This RT out of Los Angeles would be perfect. Three kids in school and one teacher makes summer our only option.

Wouldn't that be wonderful. Id love to see additional itineraries sailing from the West Coast. Princess just might fill their ships if we had more options. One can go to Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, or Coastal California just so many times.

We often hear left coasters (here and on other cruise threads) raise this issue. And our question is simply, "what would you propose?" Where would you want to go from the West Coast....in the time you allot for a cruise? And keep in mind that the "PVSA" limits any cruise line's ability to cruise between USA ports.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

We often hear left coasters (here and on other cruise threads) raise this issue. And our question is simply, "what would you propose?" Where would you want to go from the West Coast....in the time you allot for a cruise? And keep in mind that the "PVSA" limits any cruise line's ability to cruise between USA ports.

Hank

You are, of course, correct, Hank, there are not many options. The only ideas, that I have are these. Maybe others, would have better ideas.

• Alaska R/Ts out of Los Angeles
  • Pananama Canal partial transits
  • Trans-canal to/from Florida. These are offered but it would be nice to have more.
  • Round trips to South America.
  • Australia/New Zealand.
  • Japan/China/Korea
  • More South Pacific sailings
  • Coastal cruises out of Los Angeles that go farther north than Los Angeles. e.g., Los Angeles, Monterey, San Francisco, Astoria, Seattle, Vancouver, Los Angeles

Now here is the all imortant question: Is there sufficient demand for any of these, to justify dedicating more Princess assets?

Way above my pay grade.

:)

So it seems so far that it is possibly the Island, Crown, Royal and Regal being affected by these redeployments. As schedules for summer/winter 2018/19 have not yet been published this sounds like they are prepping for a change of deployment strategy in Europe and Alaska for summer 2018.

I would not be surprised to see them keep 1 ship (possibly the Caribbean Princess) in the Caribbean for summer 2018, Put the Royal in Southampton to do the British Isles runs, etc from there, have the Regal do the Baltic Runs and send the Crown and Island to the Mediterranean. They could also do a three ship deployment to Northern Europe and only have 1 Med ship and then position a ship (again possibly the Caribbean) in NYC for the summer doing Bermuda (if there is docking space which I'm not sure there is) and Canada/NE runs rather than staying in the Caribbean. I seem to remember reports that it looked like the Golden was headed to Alaska for 2018 - if they put it on the North/South Glacier runs replacing the Island that would be a nice way to bump capacity there too.

At this point this is probably all conjecture. I would be very surprised to see Princess announce much in the way of date replacements for the cancelled cruises until they are ready to announce the 2018 Alaska and Europe deployments which typically is in the Spring.

I do think we will see ALL the US based cruise lines cautiously reduce their European exposure in 2018 (following the 2017 trend) and keep more ships in the Caribbean, US Northeast and Alaska.

Also Sapphire. Our march 2018 cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong cancelled with no suggested alternative. Redeployment they said with the addition of Majestic Princess into the China market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

Island Princess is bookable again for April 2018, but: instead of 7 night Pacific Coastal Los Ang - Vanciuver, it only serves 4 days to Vancouver, ending the 2nd of May 2018, Wednesday instead of Saturday as scheduled before changing the itinerary.

It seems the Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers (Vancouver <--> Whittier) will be operated by four ships again, as it was done in 2013 last:

-Star/Golden alternating every Sat. from either Vancouver or Whittier

-Coral/Island alternating every Wednesday from either Vancouver or Whittier

Wondering why the 24th of March 2018 on Crown was cancelled??

Apparently she is scheduled to sail Europe in summer season 2018, with first Europe call in Gibrltar the 13th of Apr 2018, Mallorca 15th of Apr end Barcelona 16th of April 2018, apparently this will be an ending Transatlantic cruise.

I cannot imagine Princess schedules a three week long Transatlantic for her from Mar 24 to Apr 16??

Edited by shipfriend_max

I was looking for Princess cruise for my anniversary (June 3, 2017) that was going out of the East Coast (mainly Florida ports) and I cannot find many other than repositioning cruises. It makes me sad because I loved my one Princess cruise and wanted to take my hubby on one but it seems they are abandoning most Florida sailings. I guess I will have to go with another line.

So it has disappeared from your personalizer? My 2018 cruise looks fine.

Thrak, I hope it never happens your cruise gets cancelled. But if it does you can always use my rowboat :) :) if you do I will make you a ELITE member of the S.S. Minnow. No OBC sorry. :D

Tony

I was looking for Princess cruise for my anniversary (June 3, 2017) that was going out of the East Coast (mainly Florida ports) and I cannot find many other than repositioning cruises. It makes me sad because I loved my one Princess cruise and wanted to take my hubby on one but it seems they are abandoning most Florida sailings. I guess I will have to go with another line.

Princess normally does not have any Caribbean itineraries during late spring until early fall.

The ships are more profitable with Alaska and Europe itineraries.

There was another thread where someone heard that the CB may be stationed in the Caribbean year-round in 2018...this is just what I have read. I am still searching to see if anyone will post that sheet for the upcoming itineraries. Rumors are they will be opening 12/1/16 but no one has posted what will be opening like they have in the past. :(

Now you know how we felt on the west coast when RCI abandoned us...:)

they had been sailing out of San Pedro for over 20 years and just up and left. Mexico problems they said, not profitable they said...we adjusted.:(

But still miss them terribly......

Hmm ... I'm wondering whether the Royal or Regal is being repositioned to the West coast. [emoji925][emoji925] Hopeful!

Let's hope not ... Send her to the Far East and bring the Sapphire back ...

There was another thread where someone heard that the CB may be stationed in the Caribbean year-round in 2018...this is just what I have read. ...

That would be nice ... We tried to find one for late April/Early May 2017 and there was nothing...

Edited by MauiLvrs

I agree that it would be nice. We are hoping that in October princess is still doing the true 14 day circle cruise that they started up again this October on the CB. While I would like it to be on a ship I haven't been on before like Royal I will take CB. Have been on her several times was our first cruise and our friends first cruise as well so it will be like coming home! But mainly I am hoping for that 14 day circle cruise to the Caribbean so are our friends and we plan on making it a bday bash cruise. I hope someone can post that sheet that some get early like they did last year!:D:confused: