No Gratuities

dj63

Huh????

How do you know whether Dirty Dawg's ancestor tipped when they emigrated in 1820?

JB :D

Well I know mine didn't, he didn't even really want to come here, except the other option would have been terminal, and I don't mean a cruise terminal.

LOL Sounds like both our ancestors had similar 'emigration' cruises.:D

Correct about being British Subjects.

Don't sell yourself short Mic. You were correct on both!;):)

Edited by DirtyDawg

According to the OP's profile he/she has been a member for almost five years and had enough cruising experience to recommend an independent tour operator in Acapulco in one thread. The OP is no newbie and the logical place to ask this question would have been on the Celebrity board. But that would not have yielded maximum effect as it did here. :rolleyes:

how do they do this to your toothbrush when my toothbrush is safely in my case that im carrying off the ship on my last morning just 5 mins after knocking the tips off my bill?

Each time you do so, the chances increase that someone from the crew will be aware of you from a previous cruise--even on a different ship/line--and will have made sure your cabin steward and servers are well aware of you and your "habit."

The correct side of the road is the left one. You are on your horse and have an argument with someone on a horse coming the other way. You both draw swords and the sword is now between you and your opponent. More importantly your sword is between your horse and the enemy and as we all know go for the nag first. Back then they had not invented left handers ;)

Thankfully here in the US sword fighting is illegal while driving, so which hand I hold my sword with isn't be a big problem here. :D

Edited by sloopsailor

Yes, but the problem is when you guys do it here or when we drive on our side of the road there. Leads to all sorts of issues.;)

That's what happens with you have an ugly American "toorist" who will do things by his way and customs and ignore the local customs...

Always wondered why Australia "drives" British but Canadians do not; they were part of the British Empire. I wish they did - that would make for some fun in the border towns!

Each time you do so, the chances increase that someone from the crew will be aware of you from a previous cruise--even on a different ship/line--and will have made sure your cabin steward and servers are well aware of you and your "habit."

And you believe that?:rolleyes: How did you verify that it happens?

And you believe that?:rolleyes: How did you verify that it happens?

Do I believe what? that crews exchange information? Of course they do.

As to them doing "things" to bad or non-tippers--I have no proof, but I ask--would you really want to risk it?

That's what happens with you have an ugly American "toorist" who will do things by his way and customs and ignore the local customs...

Always wondered why Australia "drives" British but Canadians do not; they were part of the British Empire. I wish they did - that would make for some fun in the border towns!

How about wondering why they drive on the left in the US Virgin Islands. Sure, that's how it was done in Denmark in 1916 when the US purchased them -when there might have been a dozen motor vehicles in the whole territory? And then Denmark switched to the right in the 1950's - but the US VI still drives left.

The correct side of the road is the left one. You are on your horse and have an argument with someone on a horse coming the other way. You both draw swords and the sword is now between you and your opponent. More importantly your sword is between your horse and the enemy and as we all know go for the nag first. Back then they had not invented left handers ;)

This is the same reason why I have a cutlass and mace next to my drivers seat so I can just disable the opponents car (slash their tyres) as I drive past hanging out the window.:p

I think because of the practicalities of Australia and Britain being islands while Canada has land borders. It would have been fun though.

How about wondering why they drive on the left in the US Virgin Islands. Sure, that's how it was done in Denmark in 1916 when the US purchased them -when there might have been a dozen motor vehicles in the whole territory? And then Denmark switched to the right in the 1950's - but the US VI still drives left.

I and not sure of the geography or history but has it anything to do with being islands and being already set up for LHD.