Up to 30% off beverage package on sale

You guys just saved me $41 on my Deluxe package. Would have never looked at my cruise planner if I hadn't see.n this thread. I have only paid my deposit only (cruise is Feb 2017) and could not order online. But I called RCL customer service and was able to add it to my reservation.

Huge thank you to the OP! We leave on the Freedom on 11/05 and had previously purchased two Ultimate Packages at the 20% discount price back in June. This news just saved us another $132 for the week! Now I can put that savings towards that Couples Hot Stone Massage that we love so much. :)

Once note... I called Royal because the card I used in June expired. If this happens you can still get the refund. It will take a little longer tho. Royal will have to cut you a check for the refund and according to the Customer Service Representative from Royal that I talked with that will take about 4-6 weeks.

So... I cancelled my original drink package and just paid for the new one upfront. I am hoping that the check shows up in time for us to use it as spending money on our cruise. :D

Thank You. Just canceled and rebooked my packages. My back to back in January out of Galveston was on sale for $41 but my sailing in August was $46.

I did it all on line. Once signed into cruise planner on the top right of the screen it says "order history" - that's where you cancel it from.

Edited by JuliaMS

What was "Refreshment" became "Classic Soda"

What was "Royal Replenish" became "Refreshment"

What was "Premium" and "Ultimate" became "Deluxe"

"Select" is no longer sold but valid, can be upgraded on board for $10 per day, plus 18% gratuity/service charge.

So no difference between Ultimate and now Deluxe? I had purchased Ultimate at $46/day plus service charge and now Deluxe is on sale for $43/day plus service charge. For the 2 of us it would save like $50. I don't want to make a change if it isn't the same.

So no difference between Ultimate and now Deluxe? I had purchased Ultimate at $46/day plus service charge and now Deluxe is on sale for $43/day plus service charge. For the 2 of us it would save like $50. I don't want to make a change if it isn't the same.

Correct, no difference.

We sailed on the Harmony of the Seas a week ago. The cruise planner offered 20% off if booked prior to the cruise but at $50.60 a day plus gratuities. I spent over 2 hours over 5 phone calls and an email to RC customer services to point out that $50.60 doesn't equate to 20% off if the package is as advertised at $55 a day. They couldn't work it out, didn't understand their own pricing and even a supervisor had no idea how they reached that figure. Advice was to purchase the package and deal with the issue post cruise as we were close to the 3 day pre sailing window.

I've emailed guest relations since we returned as advised and have so far gotten no where with one reply telling me it works out if the beverage package was priced at $63.25 a day....which it isn't and never has been as far as I'm aware. RC's customer service beggars belief and I'm really shocked. Don't know what else to do?? I feel we've been lied to and it's false advertising as far as I'm concerned but RC seem completely dismissive. Can't see us sailing with them again out of principle. It'd have to be a deal and a half before I consider putting any money their way again. Plenty of other cruise lines out there that we've been with before and not had a problem. Very disappointed.

How much does a coke cost? Trying to see if this is the way to go. I have a young child that wouldn't need his own package so could I use it for him occasionally? Thanks.

A 12oz can of soda is around $3. Cans are the only way to purchase soda without a beverage package.

Similar situation in that I am seeing $48pp from my 20% offer, while not as bad as yours RCL does do unique math - 20% off $55 is $44. I am no attorney but if you have a copy of the 20% offer on their $55 package price you maybe able to file a complaint with your states Attorney General as it could be considered false advertisement.

We sailed on the Harmony of the Seas a week ago. The cruise planner offered 20% off if booked prior to the cruise but at $50.60 a day plus gratuities. I spent over 2 hours over 5 phone calls and an email to RC customer services to point out that $50.60 doesn't equate to 20% off if the package is as advertised at $55 a day. They couldn't work it out, didn't understand their own pricing and even a supervisor had no idea how they reached that figure. Advice was to purchase the package and deal with the issue post cruise as we were close to the 3 day pre sailing window.

I've emailed guest relations since we returned as advised and have so far gotten no where with one reply telling me it works out if the beverage package was priced at $63.25 a day....which it isn't and never has been as far as I'm aware. RC's customer service beggars belief and I'm really shocked. Don't know what else to do?? I feel we've been lied to and it's false advertising as far as I'm concerned but RC seem completely dismissive. Can't see us sailing with them again out of principle. It'd have to be a deal and a half before I consider putting any money their way again. Plenty of other cruise lines out there that we've been with before and not had a problem. Very disappointed.

Similar situation in that I am seeing $48pp from my 20% offer, while not as bad as yours RCL does do unique math - 20% off $55 is $44. I am no attorney but if you have a copy of the 20% offer on their $55 package price you maybe able to file a complaint with your states Attorney General as it could be considered false advertisement.

Where has it been advertised that the cost is only $55?

Only real argument that could be made is if once onboard the cost is $55 and less than 20% off had been applied to the pre purchase.

Edited by chandom

I'm from the UK so don't know what we could do as RC seemingly aren't willing to deal with it directly. The fact that others on here are getting their 20%, 25% or 30% off suggests the offers are genuine but as to why/how different guests end up with different prices but with the same discount offer percentage is beyond me? There's also the matter of gratuities as some RC documentation states it's 15%, others suggest 18% and when we looked at beverage packages in cruise planner, it was calculated at 16.36%??

I'm a bit shell shocked that a company the size of RCI actually have things like this happening?? It's like they're making it up as they go along??

Where has it been advertised that the cost is only $55?

Only real argument that could be made is if once onboard the cost is $55 and less than 20% off had been applied to the pre purchase.

The price has been mentioned in many online articles since the introduction of the new Deluxe package and this is from RC's own website quoting "$65/day (including onboard tax)" which equates to $55.

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/discover-cruise-holidays/bars-drinks-packages/

And oddly, it was priced at $58 a day on the ship so $50.60 still doesn't equate to 20% off.

IMG_0037.jpg.35c72451afdde860ce1d935e66605306.jpg

Edited by kcdionysus