Up to 30% off beverage package on sale

I think the discrepancies in pricing between ships and sailings has to do with 2 things.

1) The demand for packages and price they think they can get based on the ship, sailing date and demographics.

2) They may be trying to see if the response to sales has more to do with the discount percentage, or the actual price.

I agree that 30% is the best deal we'll probably ever see on the package, but price-wise it's basically the same as it was over the summer.

Over the summer, the refreshment package was $19 after 20% off, just $1 more than it is now at 30% off (because of the recent price increase). I would have bought it just as quickly at $19 as I did today at $18, but my cruise planner wasn't available. The price is basically the same, but my guess is more people will buy it at 30% off than bought it over the summer simply because it sounds like a better sale, even though in reality it's basically the same price. If that makes sense.

It probably won't be long before we start seeing the drink package prices increase with bigger "sales" offered more often. Kind of like the revolving 30% off sale on cruise fares.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Probably. For me a drink package [emoji898]is not worth it for me.

Me neither, but the refreshment was worth buying for fun for my daughter. She'll get use out of it. It was only $150.

If the alcohol package was priced the same as the refreshment I would buy it, even though I am still unlikely to get use out of it even for that cheap, but for the convenience and fun factor I would buy it and just consider it as $150 extra dollars on our cruise fare. For $300-$400 extra dollars though, no way.

Thanks for posting this thread! Just saved $83 for our April 16, 2017 cruise packages! It didn't show a % discount but it was down from $44/day to $41/day, with service charge computed accordingly for an additional savings! We will definitely add some extra tips though as this brings it down to $7/day for tips per person, I feel that's a little too low...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well I can see no discount in my Cruise Planner.

Maybe its because we are in Australia, or maybe because the cruise is next month - either way we miss out.

Unless I am looking in the wrong place I can't see any discount.:confused:

Yes, Cruise Planner is the place to look. Could be that this sale is North America only, no way to really tell.

Maybe its because we are in Australia, or maybe because the cruise is next month - either way we miss out.

Two out of my three cruises had the sale prices posted, except for the transpacific sailing from Australia. I wonder why [emoji45]

My friend in Sydney just booked Royal Replenish at 30% off.

I tried adding and I follow the link in the email and I can't get into the cruise planner. I hope they don't take this away before I can get into it. Wanting the 18.00 no alcho package.

Instead of using the email, go into your cruise planner by your reservation, or just call Royal.

Tips will be added the the $18.

Thanks for posting this thread! Just saved $83 for our April 16, 2017 cruise packages! It didn't show a % discount but it was down from $44/day to $41/day, with service charge computed accordingly for an additional savings! We will definitely add some extra tips though as this brings it down to $7/day for tips per person, I feel that's a little too low...

The price is reduced, but I'm sure that the bartenders will get the same tip on all your drinks. The tips should not be reduced.

Yes, the new Refreshment package is the same as the old Replenish package.

You can cancel your existing package and re-order the less expensive one.

I purchased right before the change in packages in Sept. and have a list of questions and answers from the RC site. One of the questions was about Starbucks and the answer states "In effort to make enjoying and relaxing easier for our guests, the premium coffee packages now include offerings at the onboard Starbucks licensed stores (excluding non-coffee merchandise).

The new drink package specifically states no Starbucks. . . . I think there's a snafu here!

I purchased right before the change in packages in Sept. and have a list of questions and answers from the RC site. One of the questions was about Starbucks and the answer states "In effort to make enjoying and relaxing easier for our guests, the premium coffee packages now include offerings at the onboard Starbucks licensed stores (excluding non-coffee merchandise).

The new drink package specifically states no Starbucks. . . . I think there's a snafu here!

The snafu was the company intially saying that beverages from the licensed Starbucks venues were included in the first place. They corrected that pretty quick.

We sailed on FOS the first week in Sept. And had the Royal Replenishment for $18 a day, but it was changed after our cruise to just Replenishment. The difference was Starbucks was included but the new replenishment packages doesn't. We are on the first sailing of Oasis from Port Canaveral. Have been on Allure, so looking forward to Oasis.

Thanks for the heads up on this sale. Probably the best price we'll see, so I'll likely book it tomorrow.

A question for the experienced cruisers. We're bringing along our grandkids (and their parents) and AmEx gave us a soda fountain package for the young ones.

My question is - does this package include anything other than soda pop and colas, such as club soda, seltzer, or fruit juices? My grandkids don't drink colas or sugared beverages. TIA

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D Yes club soda is included, it comes out of the same beverage gun as the soda. I drink a lot of club soda with lime, but you can also have it with orange slices or cherries.

Orange juice and other juices are available in the morning, and they also usually have flavored waters and unsweetened iced tea.

Sail in 12 days and was so excited to see this post bc I missed out on buying the refreshment package before the price increased. Checked my planner and it's still $26 a day - $276 at checkout. How dare RC not be open at 1:00 am so I can call and see if there's a deal for my sailing. Lol

Was anyone fortunate to get a savings even when it wasn't showing up on their cruise planner as being on sale?

Edited by erby2283

The snafu was the company intially saying that beverages from the licensed Starbucks venues were included in the first place. They corrected that pretty quick.

What's my chances of getting what I paid for with the Starbucks Coffee now that they've changed it?

What's my chances of getting what I paid for with the Starbucks Coffee now that they've changed it?

From the licensed locations on Oasis class, not a chance. Royal has been very firm from what I understand.

The beverages served on other ships using Starbucks branded products, not at all an issue. It has never been excluded from the drink pacakage.

Added

Screenshot of the current FAQ wording

d0ec5158d41f82d431d5a34137356ea2.jpg

Edited by chandom

Discount percentage is clear cut. Pricing 'from' less so hence why I waited until I'd been on the ship and saw the actual price this package was being offered at to then have an accurate figure to calculate the 20% against and it just doesn't work out.

Like chandom has posted, they're being offered the same discount on back to back cruises yet the actual price after this discount is different on each week?? What are RC playing at?

Just noticed this from the FAQ on the beverage package relaunch.

Missing the wonderful "from" loophole.

89ab27929377734f8d458d7cd80e34ce.jpg

What does the price show as? Mine doesn't say discount anywhere, but it is discounted. At US$26 per day plus gratuity that's around US$30 per day. It's showing in my planner as AUS$27 per day, so it is definitely on sale. But nowhere does it say 'sale'

I got an email saying that the drink package was 30% off but when I log into my cruise planner it still is $48 a day which is has been ever since we booked the cruise. The $48 was with a banner that said 2O% off before but now the banner is gone!

I had purchased the Replenish packages for two upcoming cruises @ $19/day. Because of this sale, I just cancelled them and purchased the Deluxe packages. At a difference of $22 a day, it seemed well worth it. I don't think I've ever seen this big a discount on pre-purchased packages before.

I sail in 12 days on Anthem and mine still says $26 - and I'm in the US. Totally jealous.

Edited by erby2283

Uh, nothing like this showing on my My Cruises. Maybe it's not available for the European bookings, regardless of the destination: i have one cruise out of Rome and a transatlantic from FLL - neither of them is showing anything else but the old 20% discount (which is 39,60 EUR/day plus 18% for deluxe)