Up to 30% off beverage package on sale

For the heck of it, I called even though my cruise planner was not showing a discount for refreshment package (while the deluxe has been showing 20% off for months and we're 2 weeks out and it's still on sale!). She said she was not showing any discounts for the reshreshment package on my cruise. She said it could be the fact that it's a newer ship but she wasn't sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got an email saying that the drink package was 30% off but when I log into my cruise planner it still is $48 a day which is has been ever since we booked the cruise. The $48 was with a banner that said 2O% off before but now the banner is gone!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it's the same email I got, it vaguely says "up to 30% discounts," meaning your sailing may or may not be offering a discount of anything up to 30%.

The refreshment (non-alcohol) package is 30% off in my planner and showed a price of $18 with small red letters beneath that said "price reflects 30% discount." The deluxe (alcohol) package shows $46 with red letters underneath that say "price reflects 20% discount." Prior to yesterday, refreshment showed $26 (presumably no discount) and deluxe showed $46, but didn't mention it was discounted.

I think it's good they've added the red words underneath that tell people the price is already discounted because before it was confusing to wonder if you could take 20% off the price shown or if it was already discounted, or not discounted at all, especially since people reported differing prices on various sailings.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I had purchased the Replenish packages for two upcoming cruises @ $19/day. Because of this sale, I just cancelled them and purchased the Deluxe packages. At a difference of $22 a day, it seemed well worth it. I don't think I've ever seen this big a discount on pre-purchased packages before.

How did you get a difference of $22 per day? The new price is $18, that's $1 a day, $2 total for 2 people, $14 for the week.

I checked my 2017 US sailings and found the following for the deluxe drink package:

January Harmony 2 weeks each $48/day

April Oasis $43/day

October Allure $43/day

December Rapsody $38/day

Edited by later

How did you get a difference of $22 per day? The new price is $18, that's $1 a day, $2 total for 2 people, $14 for the week.

Sorry...I switched from the Replenish which I had purchased at $19/day to the Deluxe at $41.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the drink packages in my cart for our Liberty sailing in April...was $759ish. Logged in and while it says "Special Offer" there is no mention of any percentage off (used to say 20% off) however they automatically adjusted the price down to $677ish. So it definitely seems like it varies across the board on each individual sailing/ship.

I'm wondering if this is just the adjusted price for the package or if this is part of a weekend sale like the OP described as it doesn't say sale or discount....trying to track this for our whole group to see if it's worth it for them to put the cash out now in case the price goes back up.

I had the drink packages in my cart for our Liberty sailing in April...was $759ish. Logged in and while it says "Special Offer" there is no mention of any percentage off (used to say 20% off) however they automatically adjusted the price down to $677ish. So it definitely seems like it varies across the board on each individual sailing/ship.

I'm wondering if this is just the adjusted price for the package or if this is part of a weekend sale like the OP described as it doesn't say sale or discount....trying to track this for our whole group to see if it's worth it for them to put the cash out now in case the price goes back up.

I'm not sure how you're logging in, but if you're logging in from your phone, try logging in on a computer. I find that I can see more info on my computer than shows up on my phone, including specific discounts for specific packages .

I'm not sure how you're logging in, but if you're logging in from your phone, try logging in on a computer. I find that I can see more info on my computer than shows up on my phone, including specific discounts for specific packages .

Thanks for the suggestion....I actually am on a regular computer so that's why it seems so odd! It literally describes it as "Deluxe Package Special Offer" but not mention of discounts. Maybe because it was already in my cart? I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy it now...can't think of any thing else to do with all my money just laying around lol :p

I logged on to my cruise planner and don't see a discount banner. Cruise on Allure of the Seas on April 30, 2017. Price for Deluxe package is $43.00 US per day plus gratuity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are sailing April 30 on Allure as well. When I logged in to my cruise planner it said "up to" 30% savings on drink packages when you look at the packages. I had already booked and paid at the 20% so I looked at adding a new package to see price - it came up at 25% for Deluxe. I cancelled our 20 and rebooked at 25. Saves us $25/person on Deluxe for the week. Having that extra $50 we might try a speciality dining... GOOD LUCK getting your discount

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D Yes club soda is included, it comes out of the same beverage gun as the soda. I drink a lot of club soda with lime, but you can also have it with orange slices or cherries.

Orange juice and other juices are available in the morning, and they also usually have flavored waters and unsweetened iced tea.

Thanks! That's helpful. If the carbonated water from the soda machine is included I think the little ones have enough options.

This sale is nice. $18 comes down to 6 or 7 drinks a day, which will be close to what the adults would be drinking. Even if it is off, not having to keep count or worry about spending makes it a good deal for me. We're 8 adults in 4 cabins, so I went ahead and bought them all the refreshment package.

After reading the OP, I called RC for pricing for the Deluxe package for our Alaskan cruise. The representative told me that Alaska was not included. Has anyone ever received a discount for the Deluxe beverage package for an Alaskan cruise??

After reading the OP, I called RC for pricing for the Deluxe package for our Alaskan cruise. The representative told me that Alaska was not included. Has anyone ever received a discount for the Deluxe beverage package for an Alaskan cruise??

The Deluxe package was just recently introduced, and the Alaskan cruises ended a few weeks ago, so there are not many potential samples out there.

I looked at the Deluxe Pkg description and it says near the end that you get 40% off a bottle of wine if under $100 and 20% if it is over $100. I know or maybe I think they do not have the wine pkg anymore so would I have to buy the Deluxe to be able to buy that bottle of wine with the discount?

Anyone who is Diamond or above with the lounges open for a while and the 3 drinks on your sea pass is it worth buying the pkg? I am not apposed to buying a drink before or after hours of the Diamond or above bennie, but I guess I just need to hear from some of you. Thanks

I looked at the Deluxe Pkg description and it says near the end that you get 40% off a bottle of wine if under $100 and 20% if it is over $100. I know or maybe I think they do not have the wine pkg anymore so would I have to buy the Deluxe to be able to buy that bottle of wine with the discount?...

While there are no more fleetwide wine packages, some ships have their own wine packages, but you won't know the details until you are on board.

I looked at the Deluxe Pkg description and it says near the end that you get 40% off a bottle of wine if under $100 and 20% if it is over $100. I know or maybe I think they do not have the wine pkg anymore so would I have to buy the Deluxe to be able to buy that bottle of wine with the discount?

Anyone who is Diamond or above with the lounges open for a while and the 3 drinks on your sea pass is it worth buying the pkg? I am not apposed to buying a drink before or after hours of the Diamond or above bennie, but I guess I just need to hear from some of you. Thanks

Yes, you need the delux for the discount. One of you does anyhow. You can get wines by the glass included or if you want to order a bottle at dinner (or another time) you get a discount. Last time my husband had the drink package and ordered glasses or him and a bottle for me at dinner (the bottle is allowed to be shared, we were not cheating) any unfinished wine could be taken with or they held it for another night.

OK

Clarifying.

DH went to TA and told him to click on sale link to get discount.

When he came home he did.

We would be paying the same price for alcohol package and saving only a few bucks on soda package for our August 2017 sailing.

So, I did not get the soda package because I will use the suite lounge for drinks and the DH can get whatever he wants on drink package.

Safe travels.

Thanks for calling! I kept wondering why my alaska cruise didn't show any discounts at all for any drink package. Extremely lame of Royal. Full price is an absurd amount of money.

I plan to just buy the Evian Water package.

How many bottles is in that package.

Replenishment package is no good for me. Don't drink tea, coffee, and try to limit my cola drinks. I prefer just the water. And virgin drinks are just a bunch of extra calories.