Up to 30% off beverage package on sale

My cruise planner still shows deluxe for $48/day like it has since I booked 9/2. I am not sure I could have four drinks in a day to make it worth it.

I canceled my soda package and got the refreshment. The coffee plus bottled water makes it worth it for me.

The price has been mentioned in many online articles since the introduction of the new Deluxe package and this is from RC's own website quoting "$65/day (including onboard tax)" which equates to $55.

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/discover-cruise-holidays/bars-drinks-packages/

And oddly, it was priced at $58 a day on the ship so $50.60 still doesn't equate to 20% off.

The loophole is: "Prices start from $65/day (including onboard tax).

If I recall, Harmony is sailing in a VAT area. So that tax would also be applied.

Shady practice, I agree.

Personally, I have a B2B coming up where the discount price, even with the same percentage ($46/day and $48/day, is diffrent on each leg. I'm debating if I want to start some when I get back if correct discounted wasn't applied for each leg.

The loophole is: "Prices start from $65/day (including onboard tax).

If I recall, Harmony is sailing in a VAT area. So that tax would also be applied.

Shady practice, I agree.

Personally, I have a B2B coming up where the discount price, even with the same percentage ($46/day and $48/day, is diffrent on each leg. I'm debating if I want to start some when I get back if correct discounted wasn't applied for each leg.

That's crazy!!

On the tax side, if I understand it correctly, companies like RC try and sell the packages before the cruise so the EU Vat element isn't applicable as the sale isn't completed onboard in EU waters. It's one, if not the main reason we took the advanced package price despite it being incorrectly advertised. And as they tend to quote the prices before added gratuities and taxes, it should be easy to calculate. I just can't see how they can get it so wrong and despite repeatedly apologies for this, RC aren't offering any correction on what I believe is blatant overcharging.

We sailed on the Harmony of the Seas a week ago. The cruise planner offered 20% off if booked prior to the cruise but at $50.60 a day plus gratuities. I spent over 2 hours over 5 phone calls and an email to RC customer services to point out that $50.60 doesn't equate to 20% off if the package is as advertised at $55 a day. They couldn't work it out, didn't understand their own pricing and even a supervisor had no idea how they reached that figure. Advice was to purchase the package and deal with the issue post cruise as we were close to the 3 day pre sailing window.

I've emailed guest relations since we returned as advised and have so far gotten no where with one reply telling me it works out if the beverage package was priced at $63.25 a day....which it isn't and never has been as far as I'm aware. RC's customer service beggars belief and I'm really shocked. Don't know what else to do?? I feel we've been lied to and it's false advertising as far as I'm concerned but RC seem completely dismissive. Can't see us sailing with them again out of principle. It'd have to be a deal and a half before I consider putting any money their way again. Plenty of other cruise lines out there that we've been with before and not had a problem. Very disappointed.

I believe it said "up to" 20% off. The current sale is "Up to 30% off" but when I log in my cruise planner it is only 25% off. Also different sailings have different prices for the beverage package. I don't know what makes one more than another.

It just shows in my cruise planner today. 30% off for refreshment package ($18 pp/pd, total $148.68 including 18% tips for 7 days). 25% off for deluxe package ($41 pp/pd, totally $338.66 including tips for 7 days).

The special offer only 59 hours left from now.

Thanks!! You just saved me $50.

Denise

I believe it said "up to" 20% off. The current sale is "Up to 30% off" but when I log in my cruise planner it is only 25% off. Also different sailings have different prices for the beverage package. I don't know what makes one more than another.

Red banner on the offer in cruise planner said 'Limited Time Offer. 20% Off. Buy Now'. I took a picture/image of it. And on the forums, people are stating they're getting the correct discount down to $44 a day (if 20% off) and I've read some had incorrect monetary figures quoted compared to the percentage discount offered and got RC customer services to correct them.

Three little words that I'm sure Royal's team of lawyers make sure are always used. "Up to" and "from". Pretty much allows them to do what they want with the pricing.

Discount percentage is clear cut. Pricing 'from' less so hence why I waited until I'd been on the ship and saw the actual price this package was being offered at to then have an accurate figure to calculate the 20% against and it just doesn't work out.

Like chandom has posted, they're being offered the same discount on back to back cruises yet the actual price after this discount is different on each week?? What are RC playing at?

Does anyone know how many bottles of water are in the package.

Could not find on the web page.

Thanks

You don't get water delivered with this package, you can just buy as many bottles of water (or other non-alcoholic drink) as you like.

Thanks for the heads up on this sale. Probably the best price we'll see, so I'll likely book it tomorrow.

A question for the experienced cruisers. We're bringing along our grandkids (and their parents) and AmEx gave us a soda fountain package for the young ones.

This package entitles the young cruiser to unlimited refills of fountain sodas at all bars and lounges; the Windjammer, the dining room and our private destinations (CocoCay® and Labadee®). Plus, get a complimentary Coca-Cola Souvenir cup
My question is - does this package include anything other than soda pop and colas, such as club soda, seltzer, or fruit juices? My grandkids don't drink colas or sugared beverages. TIA

Thanks for the heads up on this sale. Probably the best price we'll see, so I'll likely book it tomorrow.

A question for the experienced cruisers. We're bringing along our grandkids (and their parents) and AmEx gave us a soda fountain package for the young ones.

My question is - does this package include anything other than soda pop and colas, such as club soda, seltzer, or fruit juices? My grandkids don't drink colas or sugared beverages. TIA

Unfortunately no. It is only soda drinks and not even bottled water. However, there is always juices and cold water available at the free cafes.

Our Adventure cruise in Feb was down to $38 + grats per day for the Deluxe package. I cancelled the one package I had already booked and rebooked for both of us. Was able to do it all online. I have a lot of OBC so was going to wait to buy one package till I was on the ship to use that. But for the price of the package, it would be crazy to pay full price on the ship.

So, I cancelled my prepaid tips and will use some of the OBC for that, and just purchased the 2 Deluxe packages ahead of time. Just a little over 600 for the 2 of us. Our Brilliance and Harmony cruise only the non alcoholic packages went down. The Deluxe packages stayed at the 20% off for both of those.

I received an email later this afternoon to make me aware of this deal.

Some people have shared a link that goes to UK pricing on the drink package. I don't know if that make a difference in what people are seeing. The PDF currently on the US web site actually has no pricing on it.

I was told that different cruises have different pricing on the drink packages. Some of it has to do with the port they are buying the alcohol in and the taxes paid for that state. That doesn't explain why a back to back would be priced differently unless it is two one way trips or a crossing and a trip.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/new-beverage-flyer-general.pdf

In order to cancel and rebook do I have to pay again now and just wait for the refund on my card? How long does it usually take?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I canceled a few things on another cruise last week, took 1 week to get the refund on my card.