Seems like a lot of ships this Season

I'm not sure I've ever seen so many ships here for the Season...

Celebrity

Solstice

(Normal)

RCCL

Explorer

Radiance

Oasis

(Thought they usually only had one or maybe two)

Princess

Sun

Sea

Dawn

Golden

Emerald

Seems like just yesterday it was only the one)

P&O

Aria

Dawn

Pearl

Eden

Jewel

Carnival

Legend

Spirit

Seems like a lot of berths.

And I reckon 2018 will be bigger as they compete for the Aus/Asia market.

New itineries,etc,etc.

They have to give us something to spend the kids inheritance on.

Aging population=increased sailings and revenue for cruise lines.

Told my kids many years ago...

I'll give them the best education I can

If possible I'll help them towards the first home (seems getting that foot in the real estate door is getting harder and harder).

But not to count on anything when we die.

I agree with you Gut, it looks as if we are getting about an extra 9 ships

in Burnie this season, good for the economy.:)

It will also keep the Mayor busy.

I guess S/he will be there to greet me next December.

Properties only from us, with the stip that they get handed down to the grandies.

My greatest hope is that if I ever get grandkids the kids will be well enough off for me to simply leave whatever I do have to the grandkids.

The more the merrier and the cheaper the fares.

Fares seem about the same as 15 years ago, so a big drop in real terms and that affordability is why so many are cruising.

We are paying $200 ea less this year for our cruise than we did when we did the same cruise back in '04. The fact that it's a much bigger ship probably helps let them keep the price down. And then got $550 OBC.

Been watching and booking at around $200 ea pd for BA balcony on Princess all that time.

The other week we went to Sydney saw a play, had lunch at a burger and ribs joint at The Rocks (not bad either if you want a feed before boarding at OPT), a feed of Chinese for din dins (takeaway back at the hotel) and stayed at the Ibis (height of fancy hey), without the play or the petrol it cost almost as much as one night on a cruise, in a midship, mid deck balcony.

RCCL also has Legend (from Brisbane November to February) and Voyager (from Sydney which we will be on at end of March).

Leigh

I was looking mainly at those here all season, but expected I'd miss some.

I always thought it was bigger about four years ago with the amount of ships coming in. Just a correction Ovation of the Seas is coming not Oasis.

Princess used to have Diamond Princess and Sapphire Princess rotating each year for a while during the summer season. Celebrity also had a few other ships they sent for shorter periods.

P&O World Cruises are interesting as they seem to be winding back. It always used to be Aurora and Oriana and then Arcadia joined them for a few years. They eventually pulled Oriana from the world cruise program which was quite a popular ship. The Azura was scheduled to come out on a World Cruise but it was quietly and quickly pulled because of a very poor selling.

P&O World Cruises are the ones to watch because I think if any cruise line winds back it is likely to be them which is a shame.

Also watch Cunard. They used to send QEII out for years which soon became the three Queens when QM2 came along with Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria. Perhaps they have taken away from the passengers from P&O during world cruises.

Read somewhere recently where there will be 41 ships here for this season.

Probably about right if they're counting those that are just passing through, like the Queens, Azamra Silverseas, etc, maybe just a cruise or three or even a visit and move on.

Plus of course a short visit this season by NCL with a few cruises. A second Celebrity ship here for a while.

I think Oceania, and/or Azamara are also doing a couple of local cruises, around our cruising circuit ...:)

As are Crystal Cruises with Crystal Symphony cruises from Auckland into Melbourne then around NZ to Sydney then a Sydney return to the Coral Sea, then off to Bali - so 4 cruises scheduled in the region (not quite enough to say she is based here)

Best of all she will be in Sydney on NYE - guests will be on chartered catamarans on the harbour for the fireworks - I can't wait as that will be a bucket list item for us

As are Crystal Cruises with Crystal Symphony cruises from Auckland into Melbourne then around NZ to Sydney then a Sydney return to the Coral Sea, then off to Bali - so 4 cruises scheduled in the region (not quite enough to say she is based here)

Best of all she will be in Sydney on NYE - guests will be on chartered catamarans on the harbour for the fireworks - I can't wait as that will be a bucket list item for us

That would be nice.