Help get me to airport on time

I want to book an RCL Enchantment cruise that is scheduled to arrive back at the Port Of Miami Cruise Terminal at 730am. I also want to book a flight from Miami Airport that is scheduled to depart at 922am. The airport is only 10 to 20 minutes away from the cruise terminal. Will I have a problem getting off the ship in time, getting a cab and making it to the airport on time to check baggage and go thru security? I know things can happen. But in your opinion, would you do this? How long does it take to get of the ship if I take my baggage off myself, can I get off immediately? Thanks in advance for all answers.

I want to book an RCL Enchantment cruise that is scheduled to arrive back at the Port Of Miami Cruise Terminal at 730am. I also want to book a flight from Miami Airport that is scheduled to depart at 922am. The airport is only 10 to 20 minutes away from the cruise terminal. Will I have a problem getting off the ship in time, getting a cab and making it to the airport on time to check baggage and go thru security? I know things can happen. But in your opinion, would you do this? How long does it take to get of the ship if I take my baggage off myself, can I get off immediately? Thanks in advance for all answers.

Certainly no one can know that unless they are on the ship at that time. If you were on one of the Oasis class in Ft Lauderdale, I'd say probably no problem.

For your cruise, NO!

Not worth the stress. The airport is not 10 to 20 minutes away. It's at least 30 minutes without issues from the time you get a cab until you're dropped at your gate. IMO 10:30 is by far the earliest. Most people suggest noon to be the earliest. Your call, but I don't think you will get many people telling you to go for it. Although, I'm sure it has been done.

There have been reports of people making flights at that time, so it is do-able. The problem is, everything has to work perfectly. The ship has to arrive on time, clear customs on time, you debark on time, clear customs on time, no traffic to the airport, no long lines at the airport, etc. If anything in the chain gets messed up, you're hosed. Better off booking a slightly later flight.

I don't know who told you the airport is 10-20 minutes away but this is incorrect. Thirty minutes.

Do you feel lucky? Do you want to worry about your flight the entire trip?

Help me understand, who told you 10 to 20 minutes to MIA? Not in recent years at that time of the day. You had better ask this question on the Florida departures board. Even when I lived in Miami that was not doable. Are you going to copter from port to MIA? Seriously, ask on Florida board.

I don't know who told you the airport is 10-20 minutes away but this is incorrect. Thirty minutes.

Do you feel lucky? Do you want to worry about your flight the entire trip?

I knew you would have a correct answer for him. I was thinking of you when I suggested he ask this on Florida board. You give great, accurate answers, in my opinion.

The airport in Ft. Lauderdale is 10-20 mins. away...but unfortunately your cruise isn't ending there...No way would I attempt to make the flight you are asking about...and you want to check luggage too? Not likely...

We have made a 927 from Miami after getting off the Divina at 715 with plenty of time to spare.

I made a 0945 flight from MIA after getting off the Carnival Victory a few years ago and I will NEVER book that early of a flight again!! It ruined the last night of my vacation worrying about getting home and I was so stressed that morning bolting off the ship to get to the airport.

Tips:

1. Join TSApre. That will definitely save time getting through security at the airport.

2. Join Clear. That probably will save time getting though security at the airport.

3. Go to the designated self-disembarkation point at 05:00 in order to be first or second off the ship.

4. Pack light and use only carry-on luggage. Checking luggage would cost time.

Tips:

1. Join TSApre. That will definitely save time getting through security at the airport.

2. Join Clear. That probably will save time getting though security at the airport.

3. Go to the designated self-disembarkation point at 05:00 in order to be first or second off the ship.

4. Pack light and use only carry-on luggage. Checking luggage would cost time.

I wouldn't even try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to be blunt, but MIA is the functional equivalent of a Third World Country. There's no way in good conscience I'd ever recommend anyone to take a flight that early after just getting off the cruise, as the possibilities of something mucking up your best laid plans are too great.

Michael