Norwegian Bliss

shof515

I love the new video.

Nice! Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to try and guess where NCL is going with their market strategy. With every new video the tone of their marketing seems to evolve towards a little more subtle elegance and a little less brashness. How that translates to the on board experience remains to be seen. I like where it seems NCL is headed.

Nice! Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to try and guess where NCL is going with their market strategy. With every new video the tone of their marketing seems to evolve towards a little more subtle elegance and a little less brashness. How that translates to the on board experience remains to be seen. I like where it seems NCL is headed.

Don't forget FDR's strategy to gain more bucks out of each pax, it might be a stylish and contemporary style but it comes at a higher price for sure. And I don't know if I like NCL that much with a Celebrity or similar line as alternative. :)

The pricing between RCCL and NCL on their new ships ( The Bliss and Symphony of the Seas), at least for balconies are very close. I don't remember the exact amount, but less than $50.00. This would be for March 2, 2019.

Jersey Boys is a great show! And the Cavern Club looks like it will be good too. Now just hoping they have Food Republic.

Really looking forward to hearing from those on the first cruises, but I guess we have awhile to wait!

Yes to the Food Republic! Loved it!

I am very excited about the Bliss and looking at the Miami to LA through the Panama Canal in 2019. I notice that they don't have any Owners suites? Just DOS then 2BR penthouses and aft penthouses. That correct? I couldn't see anything on their website. My preference would be DOS or OS.

There is no Owner's Suite. That area is used by the observation lounge. There are only 2 DOS (as opposed to 4 on Escape) and the balcony isn't as large as the DOS on deck 17 of Escape.

We are interested in maybe going on the Bliss during its first Alaska trips. Is there information on what ship it's closest too or what shows it'll likely have? The video is nice looking but tells me nothing about what kid focused features it will have, especially in comparison to the Pearl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are interested in maybe going on the Bliss during its first Alaska trips. Is there information on what ship it's closest too or what shows it'll likely have? The video is nice looking but tells me nothing about what kid focused features it will have, especially in comparison to the Pearl.

Norwegian Escape with some of the features of the just delivered Norwegian Joy which is currently heading for Asia (both Breakaway Plus class ships).

With Breakaway Plus hull #4 also going to Asia Escape and Bliss will be both unique, although they are the same class. Making the Breakaway series twins again, Breakaway and Getaway and Escape and Bliss.

• 3 months later...
Don't forget FDR's strategy to gain more bucks out of each pax, it might be a stylish and contemporary style but it comes at a higher price for sure. And I don't know if I like NCL that much with a Celebrity or similar line as alternative. :)

I remember FDR's comment that he wants to get rid of the bottom feeders. That might explain the steep increase in prices . It does not help explain the big increase in Suite Cabin fares and no longer including drink and dinner package gratuities for Suite passengers.

Would not be surprised if DSC gets increased again next year....it seems they are testing our limits:mad:

I remember FDR's comment that he wants to get rid of the bottom feeders. That might explain the steep increase in prices . It does not help explain the big increase in Suite Cabin fares and no longer including drink and dinner package gratuities for Suite passengers.

He may lose the "top feeders" in the process. NCL's Haven isn't the only "ship within a ship" in town.

Plus, with the bid process subsidized (IMO) by the increased prices for the "directly booking suite" guests, many people (myself included) are continuing to look/book elsewhere.

He may lose the "top feeders" in the process. NCL's Haven isn't the only "ship within a ship" in town.

Plus, with the bid process subsidized (IMO) by the increased prices for the "directly booking suite" guests, many people (myself included) are continuing to look/book elsewhere.

I have moved on to Oceania for an upper premium product, which is still an NCLH offering. This is also part of Franks goal, which is transitioning premium guests from NCL onward to Oceania, and from there to Regent. But I am also booking MSC Yacht Club when I want a "ship within a ship" experience. This last part is NOT in-line with the FDR plan. I'm not going to book in The Haven when I can sail on Oceania for roughly the same price.

Edited by UPNYGuy

I have moved on to Oceania for an upper premium product, which is still an NCLH offering. But I am also booking MSC Yacht Club when I want a "ship within a ship" experience.
Oceania, Celebrity, and similar probably wouldn't work for us since we have young kids. Things like water slides, splash areas, and go carts are a must....with the option to escape the madness and retreat to an exclusive area.

Oceania, Celebrity, and similar probably wouldn't work for us since we have young kids. Things like water slides, splash areas, and go carts are a must....with the option to escape the madness and retreat to an exclusive area.

DW and I don't have children. That is why we are really liking Oceania. We've seen way too many ill behaved children on NCL recently

• 7 months later...

Exactly!

Just looked in to booking the Encore for February 2020. $9600.00 for the Haven aft penthouse for 7 days is insane! Looks like more of my money is going “elsewhere” too....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly!

Just looked in to booking the Encore for February 2020. $9600.00 for the Haven aft penthouse for 7 days is insane! Looks like more of my money is going “elsewhere” too....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We can sail in the Yacht Club for less than that (7 day YC suite on MSC Seaside for $3900 for March 2019) , and THAT price for The Haven is Oceania territory.

Agreed we will book one more time direct in the Haven on the Bliss in late Nov. 2018 to experience this new ship during a more affordable week. If I didn't have a credit from my Irma interrupted cruise I would have went straight to Celebrity for my next cruise. NCL Haven direct prices have driven me to try the new Celebrity Edge for 2019 if I enjoy the suites on Celebrity it's goodbye to the Haven!!!

Agreed we will book one more time direct in the Haven on the Bliss in late Nov. 2018 to experience this new ship during a more affordable week. If I didn't have a credit from my Irma interrupted cruise I would have went straight to Celebrity for my next cruise. NCL Haven direct prices have driven me to try the new Celebrity Edge for 2019 if I enjoy the suites on Celebrity it's goodbye to the Haven!!!

Thankfully we had the Escape and Bliss booked before it went crazy. But that may be the end of NCL for us.

Tried MSC Seaside and they have a nice product. Will stick with them...at least for now.

We can sail in the Yacht Club for less than that (7 day YC suite on MSC Seaside for $3900 for March 2019) , and THAT price for The Haven is Oceania territory.

Yep! We’ve sailed the Seaside YC - and had a fantastic time. Have it booked again for 2019. [emoji6]