MSC Divina 10.08.2016

funship freddy

Divina is such a beautiful ship. Lot of floor to ceiling mirrors, chrome fixtures and light strips all over the ship. Looks great but it must be a real chore to keep them clean and free of finger marks 24/7. I almost walked into a big mirror once and so did a few other people. CC Kiosk is easy to use. Just select the preferred language and follow the instructions on the screen. If you can stay dry for the first three days, they had wine sale at 50% off + 15% grats outside Black Crab Restaurant in the evening. Quite a few good wine deals to be had. I was a happy drinker.

Can someone please tell me the depth of the pools? I mean the main pool, the garden pool and the covered Sirene pool? I will be travelling with a 7 year old. He will sure need a life vest, and we are the kind of parents who would never let him use the pools on his own, and he would always be in armlength from us

Edited by CruisingMom77

Can someone please tell me the depth of the pools? I mean the main pool, the garden pool and the covered Sirene pool? I will be travelling with a 7 year old. He will sure need a life vest, and we are the kind of parents who would never let him use the pools on his own, and he would always be in armlength from us

Not quite the answer to this but our friends have a great photo on another MSC ship (they can't remember the name) and it shows the depth of the pool as being 5ft 12 inches.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Never seen those yet. Why don't they do like the last time and do it upon check in ?

ThAnks

Sea ya

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To speed up check in - cards are left in the cabins and registration is done using the various machines. All they do is look at your documentation when taking your photo, then it's on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pools are deep you will need a life vest.

Edited by GOLDENBONNY

"Progress, Dear boy!"

Progress would be if I could do it directly from my cabin TV or cell phone or tablet not waiting in line a second time :-)

It doesn't really matter as I will be on vacation :-)

Wow and haven't been called boy in a leg time with my age lol lol.

Sea ya

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by nimiq

Even though all their materials say you must register your card at the kiosk within 24 hours, this isn't true. Your card will stay active until it reaches $300. So if you drink a lot, this still might be 24 hours. ;) But in my case, I wait till day three or four and do it at my leisure. No lines then. :)

Bret

To speed up check in - cards are left in the cabins and registration is done using the various machines. All they do is look at your documentation when taking your photo, then it's on the ship.

We got seapass cards as we checked in prior to going through security but registered the payment card at the kiosk.

I used a debit card for the first time on a cruise and had to reconcile on the last day. If you authorize an amount (you are given several preset amounts) and you don't spend it all you get cash back in hand from the CS desk. If you didn't authorize enough you have to reauthorize another amount to cover that or you can not get off the ship as they will not automatically charge your debit card. I just waited until just before debarkation and reconciled the correct amount owed.

If you use a credit card you just use the kiosk once and no more worries.

If the cards are already in your cabin, then I take it that the doors are unlocked and you just walk in?

Not quite the answer to this but our friends have a great photo on another MSC ship (they can't remember the name) and it shows the depth of the pool as being 5ft 12 inches.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

5 ft. 12 inches? Isn't that strange? Why don't they just put 6 ft?

Not in the Caribbean.

We got seapass cards as we checked in prior to going through security but registered the payment card at the kiosk.

I used a debit card for the first time on a cruise and had to reconcile on the last day. If you authorize an amount (you are given several preset amounts) and you don't spend it all you get cash back in hand from the CS desk. If you didn't authorize enough you have to reauthorize another amount to cover that or you can not get off the ship as they will not automatically charge your debit card. I just waited until just before debarkation and reconciled the correct amount owed.

If you use a credit card you just use the kiosk once and no more worries.

This was our experience with Divina in Miami.

Used a credit card later.

gary