MSC Divina 10.08.2016

funship freddy

Since the cards are in the Cabin, do we just board the ship afrer check in? So used to scanning or inserting the card when boarding.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Forums mobile app

On Splendida when boarding at Southampton two weeks ago we presented our check in documents and passports at the check in desk, they stamped the document and we proceeded on to the ship. At the top of the gangway our stamped document was scanned and then we were directed to the guest relations desk. Just before the desk our document was scanned and our photo taken, we then went straight up to our cabin, dumped our hand luggage and picked up our cruise cards. Back to guest relations to active our cards then on to the buffet for lunch during which time our cases had been delivered to our cabin.

All very easy

Pete

Not quite the answer to this but our friends have a great photo on another MSC ship (they can't remember the name) and it shows the depth of the pool as being 5ft 12 inches.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Am assuming that's also the same as 4ft 24 inches...;-)

Freddie,

Did you notice there wasn't any lobster on formal night? (unless you paid $ for it).:mad:

We were on the 10/8 sailing - there was no lobster offered any night unless you paid extra for it.

Edited by versuco

Even though all their materials say you must register your card at the kiosk within 24 hours, this isn't true. Your card will stay active until it reaches $300. So if you drink a lot, this still might be 24 hours. ;) But in my case, I wait till day three or four and do it at my leisure. No lines then. :)

Bret

I thought I read somewhere on the website that you had to register your card within 48 hours..so I guess we will see.

I did have the Surf and Turf in the MDR for extra $$. The lobster was good. The steak was o.k. I tried the strip steak. Their cuts of meat are very thin but they did get mine almost rare. The food in the MDR was not as bad as some posters have written. They don't use a lot of sauce on their pasta dishes.

Food in the sports bar was good. Great wings. Burgers in the buffet were not good. Fries in the buffet were fresh and hot. I don't cruise to eat so I had no problems with the menu.

Our itinerary was changed because Matthew visited Nassau. We were scheduled to be in Nassau on Sunday and Monday was a sea day. We ended up having a sea day on Sunday and called on Grand Turk on Monday. The weather was quite nice for our visit to Grand Turk. I enjoy Grand Turk more than Nassau. Probably because I visited Nassau often in my early cruising days.

Mafig, I agree about the lobster. Seems that some of the menu items I liked have gone away and replaced by for fee items. They have also raised the price of cocktails to the point that the packages are attractive. $5.25 for a Heineken ??? More than most places on land. And photos $$$$

Mafig, I agree about the lobster. Seems that some of the menu items I liked have gone away and replaced by for fee items. They have also raised the price of cocktails to the point that the packages are attractive. $5.25 for a Heineken ??? More than most places on land. And photos $$$$

Did anyone notice, say anything, or even care?

I can just hear my dh now .... "I got dressed up for this ... and no lobster?"

:o

Heard no grumbling about the lack of lobster. I got the impression that many of the pax were MSC first timers. I heard many talking about the loyalty match. Nice perk but it doesn't mean much unless you want the fruit basket.

Sounds like they were first timers, period.

I am sorry but photo price on MSC is cheapest for any other cruise line I know. And the best quality.