Help me spend my OBC!

the_dylaness

Ha, I am "the wife", and I don't purchase much makeup other than mascara and lip gloss... that's a lot of lip gloss!

I think we are going to do the Riedel experience again. Many of the glasses we have from when we did it in 2009 or 10 are broken and we could use some new ones. That was definitely fun.

Also I want to know more about this ship's tour--- do you remember where/how you signed up for it? Was it worth $150? DH not interested but I might like to go.

Let's see, that's $575, minus roughly $200 for Riedel, $150 for ship tour, leaves $225... that should get me a massage and facial maybe? Guess our excursions are on our own :)

Ha, I am "the wife", and I don't purchase much makeup other than mascara and lip gloss... that's a lot of lip gloss!

I think we are going to do the Riedel experience again. Many of the glasses we have from when we did it in 2009 or 10 are broken and we could use some new ones. That was definitely fun.

Also I want to know more about this ship's tour--- do you remember where/how you signed up for it? Was it worth $150? DH not interested but I might like to go.

Let's see, that's $575, minus roughly $200 for Riedel, $150 for ship tour, leaves $225... that should get me a massage and facial maybe? Guess our excursions are on our own :)

Ships tour, get to the purser'S desk as soon as you board places are limited and they often fill fast.

We are sailing in 3 weeks, too and have $1,100 OBC! I will have fun spending it! There is a special ship tour that costs $150 per person. My husband did it last year and enjoyed it.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get so much in OBC? I would like to have the problem of figuring out how to spend that much money. Have fun!

Buy lots of photos or have a special photo session.

We received the $600.00 OBC and the same perks as you. I have prepaid for the excursions we want (both ship and private tours) and we like to give additional tips in cash. Murano is our favorite restaurant so we will eat there at least once, go to the high tea, and I want to try Lawn Club Grill. Usually we buy a photo or two. $600.00 sounds like a lot of money but I have a feeling it will be used up with no problem.

While you say you do not want to spend your money on the specialty restaurants, IMO well worth the experience. You can get a package and dine in all three. In addition, you just might want to go on a special shore excursion. If not, I always find a really nice trinket in the jewelry store that will serve as a special treat. Lunch on boarding day at bistro on five-or sushi on five, worth it also. Relaxed lunch to start your trip.

While the spa prices might be high-if you have the credit enjoy! You can now also book spa services prior to your cruise directly with canon ranch and do not pay in advance, so if you change your mind while on board you can.

Honestly, I could spend three times the credit you have very easily! Enjoy.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get so much in OBC? I would like to have the problem of figuring out how to spend that much money. Have fun!

We have $885 so far on our January cruise on the Summit. $300 OBC perk, $285 from TA and $300 from our Celebrity Visa. Will probably have another $50 to $100 from the credit card before all is said and done.

We have $885 so far on our January cruise on the Summit. $300 OBC perk, $285 from TA and $300 from our Celebrity Visa. Will probably have anothher $50 to $100 from the credit card before all is said and done.

OBC from the Visa card is refundable. Also, any OBC from TA is refundable. That can be refunded back to your credit card, or go to guest services last day to get it.

We received $700 from Celebrity and $400 from TA. Celebrity amounts are from Big, Better, Best ($300), email offer to book a cruise after our last cruise ($200), and a cruise was cancelled by Celebrity and they offered us $200 to rebook!

I am sure that will not happen again! For our cruise next year we have $700. Some of that is from a TA.

so, for our recently booked equinox cruise, we'll have nearly $600 obc in addition to prepaid gratuities, premium beverage package, and unlimited wifi.

There are only three ports- in one of them we already have a non-ship-excursion planned, and may or may not book through the ship for the others.

There's always the spa, but even with obc those sky-high prices make me cringe... I'll probably get one treatment but can't imagine doing much more.

We are going to have access to blu which we really liked so i don't see much sense in spending even more for another restaurant.

Surely the premium beverage package should include enough things we want to drink?

I am not a big shopper so no jewels or purses in the onboard shops for me.

Persian garden included in aqua class, so don't need to buy that...

This is a great problem to have but i really am not even sure what other things i can spend money on? Help me get creative!

ipad

We received $700 from Celebrity and $400 from TA. Celebrity amounts are from Big, Better, Best ($300), email offer to book a cruise after our last cruise ($200), and a cruise was cancelled by Celebrity and they offered us $200 to rebook!

I am sure that will not happen again! For our cruise next year we have $700. Some of that is from a TA.

Is your TA local our online? I am looking for a good TA but I know you can't post it here. Is it ok if I give you my email address?

So, for our recently booked Equinox cruise, we'll have nearly $600 OBC in addition to prepaid gratuities, premium beverage package, and unlimited wifi.

This is a great problem to have but I really am not even sure what other things I can spend money on? Help me get creative!

Last yr we got a group from our Roll Call together for a toddy at the Martini Bar, the flights are not covered, so it was a really fun way to share some with new friends.

IMG_3352.jpg.67874b24dbb032483c94bebb1ab6e6a9.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg.384c0f5d052c19eb93b80844a4919918.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg.8a434359e6df8dfab784dc4a5fb1fa5e.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg.48ab23b2b22f2d02e677ed68b88f8c91.jpg

We also have $600 OBC on our Equinox cruise next year...I think a lot of us took advantage of all the perks being offered when they changed to the Caribbean itinerary. I doubt my wife will have a problem getting rid of it on board.

If this is a special vacation, perhaps consider a photo shoot in the Studio. We had some family photos taken by Petar on Equinox this summer. They were the most lovely family photos we have ever had! They are NOT the same as the usual poses taken outside the dining rooms. He is a really talented photographer!