Using a TA-extra perks?

lieslt

We are booked for Oasis of the Seas and used a TA but have only put down small deposit on 4 cabins. I heave read different threads about using TA. Some say a TA cannot give better deals than the cruiseline but I have read that some people get perks from their TA such as OBC or specialty dining voucher. Would love to know any perks received for those that have used a TA. Mine has not offered anything.

Thanks!

We are booked for Oasis of the Seas and used a TA but have only put down small deposit on 4 cabins. I heave read different threads about using TA. Some say a TA cannot give better deals than the cruiseline but I have read that some people get perks from their TA such as OBC or specialty dining voucher. Would love to know any perks received for those that have used a TA. Mine has not offered anything.

Thanks!

You basically have to shop around to see what they might offer.

Thanks!

Try looking at different dot.com sites or big box stores' travel sections. You will see OBS and sometimes really good group rates. We've saved lots of money on group rates and additional OBC. Happy cruising!

I have two TA's that I've used over the years. I ask them straight out what perks they can offer me if I book with them. I then go with the one offering the best perks. These have been everything from paid gratuities to OBC to paid trip insurance. Even the least expensive cruise can offer something, maybe a $25.00 OBC. Better than nothing!

Ask yours. If they say they can't offer you anything, try checking with a couple of others you might know of or trust. If theycan offer you something, you may be able to change your reservations to the new TA and receive the perks. (Only down side would be if the original TA charges a booking fee or a cancellation fee, then you might have to wait until next time).

Happy Cruising,

tnt10

Edited by tnt10

My next cruise coming up got us free grats, $300 OBC and a website error price that they honoured without any hesitation. (Instead of 30% off the regular price, they accidentally took 30% off the previous sale price. - saved us over $700)

Edited by csnarpy

I get free grats from mine, and group booking when available.

No cancellation/change fees.

When I'm eligible to a price drop/promotion, I phone and they adjust accordingly, after speaking with RCI.

AND, they are working WE too. Very pleased with their service. :)

My TA that I've used for the last 6-7 cruises is offering a special in conjunction with RCL WOW sale. In addition to RCL's percs they are offering the following for new bookings.:

-10% of the net cruise price in obc.

- Prepaid grats for balcony & suite

- dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant &

- $50 in obcs for being a loyal member.

Unfortunately, I tried to take advantage of a RCL booking transfer, but it is not considered new.

I believe the TA is required to price the cruise itself at EXACTLY the same price Royal is currently selling it (unless the agency the TA works for has previously booked cabins in their own name--in that case, they can sell their cabins for any price they want).

However, the TA can offer any incentives to book with them that they want to offer. The incentives are typically some combination of

1) paid grat.

2) on board credit

3) dinner for two at a specialty restaurant

4) spa treatment

It's been our experience that incentives like that are more likely to be given by the big, on-line booking companies. Also, the big, on-line booking companies are the ones that typically have the money/traffic to book cabins in their own name which may, later, be reduced in price compared to the price Royal is offering.

I believe the TA is required to price the cruise itself at EXACTLY the same price Royal is currently selling it .

They don't, but most do. Some TAs offer to give you the perks up front as a discount on the price. So instead of $100 OBC, they simply reduce the price of the cruise by $100. In the end the math is the same.

Thanks all. I sent my TA an email asking about perks and he said there was a WOW sale with $100 OBC. He changed all of our bookings and said they will continue to look for any new deals...I will continue to look as well!

Happy Sailing!

Thanks all. I sent my TA an email asking about perks and he said there was a WOW sale with $100 OBC. He changed all of our bookings and said they will continue to look for any new deals...I will continue to look as well!

Happy Sailing!

This, I believe, is what RCL was offering as part of the WOW sale.