Two days before cruise and RCCL has 'unlinked' our group. Advice needed,

Cat4158

Our cruise on Vision was booked over a year out - six couples. We leave on Saturday. All reservations were linked so that we could dine together. Whenever I have viewed our reservation online the linked cruises have been shown.

Today, I logged on to print our Sea Passes and the linked reservations had been deleted. I called Crown and Anchor who linked our group together again, but now they say they cannot guarantee that we will be seated together.

Is there anyone I can contact to help resolve this. I know we can speak to the Maitre D once on board ship, but I would at least like to know in advance that we aren't going to end up on separate tables.

Thanks in anticipation of some advice.

Edited by Cat4158

Is there anyone I can contact to help resolve this. I know we can speak to the Maitre D once on board ship, but I would at least like to know in advance that we aren't going to end up on separate tables.

Might be too close to sailing to fix it from shoreside - you have the right idea by going to the MDR and fixing it in person.

If that doesn't work you can use the method I saw used 2 thanksgivings ago .. a large group was split up over three tables and didn't like it so they showed up as soon as the doors opened, picked the table they liked and sat at it.

They happened to choose the table we had been assigned to (and had checked on with the MDR staff earlier in the day) which confused the heck out of us when we got there to find the table full.

Stood for about 15 minutes while the staff scrambled to figure out what to do and they ended up moving us to a different table. Wasn't a big deal to us but was crazy to see the staff paralyzed by not wanting to tell passengers that they weren't allowed to just "take" a table.

So I have a group that's grown to over 50 friends going on Liberty in March of 2017. If I had known this many were going to commit to going I would have contacted a TA and set up a group. As we said we were going on the cruise, friends just kept saying we will go. Several different TA's are being used and a few are booked direct with RCCI. We all have late standard dinning. We know we can't set at the same table but is there any way to get together in a section? We would probably move around to set with different people every night and a few will always be out to a specialty restaurant. I know this is a challenge but just wondering if we can at least get close.

So I have a group that's grown to over 50 friends going on Liberty in March of 2017. If I had known this many were going to commit to going I would have contacted a TA and set up a group. As we said we were going on the cruise, friends just kept saying we will go. Several different TA's are being used and a few are booked direct with RCCI. We all have late standard dinning. We know we can't set at the same table but is there any way to get together in a section? We would probably move around to set with different people every night and a few will always be out to a specialty restaurant. I know this is a challenge but just wondering if we can at least get close.

In this instance I would definitely recommend sending an email to RCLDining@rccl.com about 4 weeks prior to your sail date requesting that your large group be placed near each other. Include all of the reservation numbers. They will forward the request to the ship.

I agree about contacting rcl. Last thanksgiving we were a group of 26 for a family event and had several tables in a section of the mdr. We were all booked as part of a group with the same ta. In your case make sure the reservations are also linked. I know a few weeks before departure rcl contacted our TA and asked how we wanted to be seated. During the cruise we moved around, confusing our waiters, but it worked. It may be more complicated because you all booked separately. Maybe rcl can designate one of to as the group coordinator. Good luck and enjoy.

I had a similar situation. The trick was, to link each reservation back to a single reservation. As each reservation came in, they linked it back to my reservation number. But you could certainly do the same thing after the reservations are made. We also checked back regularly to ensure that no reservations had become "unlinked". Even though we used different TAs, this still worked. FYI - the waitstaff was not happy that we switched around our tables everynight. So we were sure to tip a bit extra.

And it couldn't hurt to contact RCL dining as others have suggested.

I'd like to add to this a question since the thread is discussing 'linked' dinner guests etc. I have booked a cruise through my TA as part of a 'group' or as she calls it a Group Cruise. Our cruise buddies are joining along but they wish to use their TA as they have over 20 cruises w/ her and feel very comfortable etc. In addition, another couple and our parents wanted to join in on the cruise so we sent them to our TA to get booked, set up etc.

I requested that all of us be seated together, even the couple that booked with their TA. One of the agents for my TA said she could link us altogether but for the couple that has their own TA. This somewhat bothered me as I do believe that this is a doable, at least by RCL standards. Anyway, I sent a nice introduction letter to each TA explaining the situation and requested that if necessary they visit/email each other to accomplish this as they were our TAs. The TA for the couple sent me an email a few days later staing all is good and we are linked. It's been a month now and I have still not heard from my TA.

Is this common place? I'm kinda miffed about it after sending her two addtional bookings. Am I wrong? Out of line?

I'd like to add to this a question since the thread is discussing 'linked' dinner guests etc. I have booked a cruise through my TA as part of a 'group' or as she calls it a Group Cruise. Our cruise buddies are joining along but they wish to use their TA as they have over 20 cruises w/ her and feel very comfortable etc. In addition, another couple and our parents wanted to join in on the cruise so we sent them to our TA to get booked, set up etc.

I requested that all of us be seated together, even the couple that booked with their TA. One of the agents for my TA said she could link us altogether but for the couple that has their own TA. This somewhat bothered me as I do believe that this is a doable, at least by RCL standards. Anyway, I sent a nice introduction letter to each TA explaining the situation and requested that if necessary they visit/email each other to accomplish this as they were our TAs. The TA for the couple sent me an email a few days later staing all is good and we are linked. It's been a month now and I have still not heard from my TA.

Is this common place? I'm kinda miffed about it after sending her two addtional bookings. Am I wrong? Out of line?

It sounds like your TA doesn't understand how RC work or is being awkward. They can still be linked together if you have booked with different TAs. Myself and friends booked the same cruise with different TAs in different countries and we were still linked and seated together.

I'd email RCLDining@rccl.com within 30 days of your sailing date. Include all of your reservation details to ask to be seated together. We usually get a reply very quickly including our table number.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a similar situation. The trick was, to link each reservation back to a single reservation. As each reservation came in, they linked it back to my reservation number. But you could certainly do the same thing after the reservations are made. We also checked back regularly to ensure that no reservations had become "unlinked". Even though we used different TAs, this still worked. FYI - the waitstaff was not happy that we switched around our tables everynight. So we were sure to tip a bit extra.

And it couldn't hurt to contact RCL dining as others have suggested.

Why would the staff care if you switch your tables around? It's not as if you pre-order your meals.

Why would the staff care if you switch your tables around? It's not as if you pre-order your meals.

They do, however , learn everyone's preferences and when you switch tables that can actually slow service down especially for the little things

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our cruise on Vision was booked over a year out - six couples. We leave on Saturday. All reservations were linked so that we could dine together. Whenever I have viewed our reservation online the linked cruises have been shown.

Today, I logged on to print our Sea Passes and the linked reservations had been deleted. I called Crown and Anchor who linked our group together again, but now they say they cannot guarantee that we will be seated together.

Thanks in anticipation of some advice.

Thanks for the heads up! Our reservation for December on Grandeur has been linked with our son &family since July. After reading your post, I checked our reservation and, sure enough, the linked reservation has disappeared!:eek:

I guess I will be calling C&A.:rolleyes:

Sherri:)

LeesSummitCruiser1 you don't need a TA to be a group coordinator. Link all the reservations together and transfer to groups--if you or someone in your group wants to be the coordinator. Your group will receive an onboard credit and a tour conductor credit for every 8 cabins. Likely is a deadline to do this after initial booking--that I'm not sure of.

They do, however , learn everyone's preferences and when you switch tables that can actually slow service down especially for the little things

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On GOS many years ago, I was sailing with my family (a group of 19). We were split between two tables - same waiter but two different assistant waiters. One of my sisters and I resemble each other strongly, so the poor assistant waiters were slightly freaked out when we began switching tables/seats during the 9 night trip. Took us a day or two to figure that out. Assistants figured it out too and rolled with it:D