C&A Alcohol Package Discount Update

Big_G

Anybody have this information for the Harmony?

We are cruising next week and have already bought the deluxe package for our trip. Wondering if a battle with guest services is in my future. Thanks.

If you want the D+ discount then you have to pay full price for the package. You cannot get the 30% off the already discounted price that you paid on line.

We got the Diamond + discount on Liberty Oct 30 sailing.

It was a bit of a hassle. First bar we went to on boarding she said no. Not to give up that easy we went to another bar ( Bolores) and asked. We were told no but then asked him to call a supervisor and run our card for diamond plus print out. There it was printed out. He had to write it up on a slip as he couldn't do it on the register. I kept the print out as proof in case I needed to go to GS but it was right on our account the next day.

So it is a available but you may need to educate the staff. We had decided if we couldn't get it we'd not buy one as we really don't drink that much. I think we just broke even averaging 4-5 drinks a day.

Great perk but they really should educate the staff. Certainly not fair if you can't get it on some ships. I'm guessing Diamond and above aren't the biggest purchasers of the drink package since we have free evening drinks and they are trying to encourage us to buy the package. Worked for us I guess.

If you want the D+ discount then you have to pay full price for the package. You cannot get the 30% off the already discounted price that you paid on line.

I understand that I can't get the 30% off the already purchased price.

My battle with guest services will be to get the original 20% discount through website credited to account then re-buy at the 30% discount onboard for D+. With D+ discount saves about $100 for the two of us over already purchase price.

My battle with guest services will be to get the original 20% discount through website credited to account then re-buy at the 30% discount onboard for D+. With D+ discount saves about $100 for the two of us over already purchase price.

Not sure when you are cruising, but it too late to cancel via the website?

We got the Diamond + discount on Liberty Oct 30 sailing.

It was a bit of a hassle. First bar we went to on boarding she said no. Not to give up that easy we went to another bar ( Bolores) and asked. We were told no but then asked him to call a supervisor and run our card for diamond plus print out. There it was printed out. He had to write it up on a slip as he couldn't do it on the register. I kept the print out as proof in case I needed to go to GS but it was right on our account the next day.

So it is a available but you may need to educate the staff. We had decided if we couldn't get it we'd not buy one as we really don't drink that much. I think we just broke even averaging 4-5 drinks a day.

Great perk but they really should educate the staff. Certainly not fair if you can't get it on some ships. I'm guessing Diamond and above aren't the biggest purchasers of the drink package since we have free evening drinks and they are trying to encourage us to buy the package. Worked for us I guess.

That hassle is exactly what I'm afraid of, and is why I purchased in advance in case not offered on the Harmony.

But I will fight the battle for $100 at guest services with a drink in my hand if D+ discount is 30% onboard.

I thought the prices through the cruise planner had been discounted by 30% and not 20%.

I thought the prices through the cruise planner had been discounted by 30% and not 20%.

I think it varies by cruise, ranging from 20% to 30%.

For our Harmony trip it's $396.48 per person, which is $48 per day plus the $8.64 18% gratuity. I believe the onboard cost is $60 per day plus gratuity.

That hassle is exactly what I'm afraid of, and is why I purchased in advance in case not offered on the Harmony.

But I will fight the battle for $100 at guest services with a drink in my hand if D+ discount is 30% onboard.

It was available on the Harmony TA. I doubt that they discontinued the discounts when she reached Florida, particularly since it is being verified on other ships.

40% for PC

30% for D+

20% for D

Well I have just read the entire thread... I am still confused..

I have a Brilliance booked for February. Although I am D+ I always purchase the Drink package before the sale date.

Question is..........Can I purchase the drink package at 30% off now on line or over the telephone?

I really do not want to quibble over the $19 or so by jumping through hoops once I board.

Well I have just read the entire thread... I am still confused..

I have a Brilliance booked for February. Although I am D+ I always purchase the Drink package before the sale date.

Question is..........Can I purchase the drink package at 30% off now on line or over the telephone?

I really do not want to quibble over the $19 or so by jumping through hoops once I board.

Any discounts for D+ must be taken on the ship and cannot be given in advance.

Any discounts for D+ must be taken on the ship and cannot be given in advance.

Aww bad news ....I guess I just purchase online at 20% and will not give it another thought. Thank you:)

However, I was on the Brilliance last week. The deluxe package was $59 if you were to buy it on board. So $59 minus 30% equals about $17.7. So this would put the package at about $42 before gratuities if you were to buy it on board and providing you get 30% percent off. I prefer to let the hassle and the uncertainties go and buy the package at $44 online and be done with it. JMHO

GOODDAYMATE/SWEETHART Jumping on Explorer of the Seas in nine mor sleeps:D Then gotta go and water the horses :mad: the boat wontwait So havetoo jump on Ovations of the seas when we will become PLUS DIAMONDS what booze package can we grab in aussie bucks :) MERRYCHIISTMAS

Trouble :)

Anyone know what current Diamond benefits are on Brilliance?

Coupons: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50334236&postcount=21

Add 20% discount on beverage package.

Also, 24 hour access to the Diamond Lounge, with free drinks during the evening cocktail period. Plus 3 drink vouchers per evening to be used at any bar.

I think that was a cruise planner sale that popped up a few weeks ago. It included a flat 30 percent off all beverage packages. We had booked 20 percent off months ago for our March Adventure but cancelled and rebooked on-line once that sale popped up. I'm curious to see if there is a price difference once on-board.

40%.

Interesting!!!! We've been getting mixed messaged about the BOS. Someone said they weren't honoring any of the discounts. Michelle emailed the Concierge who told her that Pinnacle was 30%. I really wish all the ships would get on the same page.

40%.

thanks BOB.

Received this email from Rafel today, so I guess we will see on the ship.

Good afternoon,

Hope this email finds you well.

On board the discount for pinnacle members to the beverage package is 30% off.

kindly let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Kind regards,

Rafael Soares

Concierge | Guest Services

8992 | '3872

: br_concierge@rccl.com s

Interesting!!!! We've been getting mixed messaged about the BOS. Someone said they weren't honoring any of the discounts. Michelle emailed the Concierge who told her that Pinnacle was 30%. I really wish all the ships would get on the same page.

Well, I guess it's possible that the discount percentage is dynamic, like their pricing. However, it was 40% for us on the October transatlantic. I wish I still had the printout of our coupons to post, but that's gone.

We're on BR again in December, so I'll post if it's different.