Miami hotel pre-cruise

flyingv4me

I am looking for a hotel pre-cruise for my October 6, 2017 cruise out of Miami. My first choice was the Hampton Inn Brickell but it is already sold out. I'm looking for a hotel near good restaurants and Publix/CVS/Walgreens. I looked at the Doubletree Grande Hotel, Marriott Marquis, and Intercontinental. I would love everyone's thoughts on these and any other suggestions.

Thanks, everyone for your help!

Personally, I prefer South Beach prior to a cruise. A lot of restaurants, Lincoln Rd not far, and of course, the beach. Then there are all those lovely Art Deco hotels! One year, we stayed at one post cruise. Fabulous time. This cruise, in January, we are on South Beach the day before our cruise only.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Stayed on Southbeach last month (not in conjunction with a cruise) at ElPaseo, it's around the corner from Collins Ave on Espanola Way. Reasonable, comp cocktail hour daily, very nice rooms, very very convenient to department stores, grocery stores, drug stores and souvenir shops.

I am looking for a hotel pre-cruise for my October 6, 2017 cruise out of Miami. My first choice was the Hampton Inn Brickell but it is already sold out. I'm looking for a hotel near good restaurants and Publix/CVS/Walgreens. I looked at the Doubletree Grande Hotel, Marriott Marquis, and Intercontinental. I would love everyone's thoughts on these and any other suggestions.

Are you looking to be in the Brickell area?

The Hampton Inn is probably not sold out. They are only booking until mid September at many of the Miami properties at his points. You are too far out.

We'd probably like South Beach better too, but we almost always have a flight coming in quite late the day before the cruise--so closer to the port works much better.

This year we don't arrive until 12:30 AM! Oh the pain of not living near a major airport. (But I'll still take my nice rural lifestyle.)

Also, using airline miles so we take the schedule we can get!

After looking at the Hampton Inn web site I am sure the hotel is not sold out. They just don't take bookings this far out. Keep checking every few days and I suspect within a month or so they will show availability.

In the meantime here are other hotel locations that are near good restaurants and the like that I would look at.

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

JW Marriott

Conrad Hilton (you might have the same issue with dates there)

Some hotels take reservations one year in advance while other 10 to 11 months in advance of the arrival date.

Keith

Greetings neighbor! :) Of the options you have listed I have enjoyed all of my stays at the Doubletree. Shopping and dining options nearby. Have a great cruise! :)

The Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay @ 1633 North Bayshore Drive is the hotel we use. Wonderful staff, comfortable accommodations and stunning views of the Bay. There is an underground shopping mall with nice restaurants that connects to the Doubletree Hotel.

I agree, beautiful hotel with great staff. My family and I stayed here last June and I am booking it again for next summer. There is a free trolley right in front of the hotel they will take you all over Miami! I might add that they also do offer a Military rate from their own web site. Super hotel!

My wife and I have stayed at the Intercontinental on several cruise vacations over the last five or six years. We have always had a good experience with our December - January cruise window. Great hotel. However, we are taking a cruise in May from Miami and found the Intercontinental to be more than we wanted to pay for a single night pre-cruise. We booked the Yves Hotel which is near the Intercontinental in location, but not the same class of hotel. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Hampton Inn is probably not yet sold out this far in advance. It is just more likely too early to book. That is also not a busy time of year, so I would think that in a month or two, you will find that it becomes available. I have not yet stayed there, though, I do have it on my list of possibilities for next September 2017. I like Hampton Inns, and did very much enjoy my stay at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon near the Airport. I know, not downtown, but it is across from shopping and near restaurants, have very good rates at time of year, and they have a shuttle for 10.00pp to the port, though if two or more, you might be better with a taxi. Sorry, I know you are looking for downtown, so the Marriott biscayne and the Doubletree look good to me also, as well as the Hilton downtown Miami. Intercontinental of course is always a good choice, though it has always been out of my price range.

Wait a month or so, and I bet the Hampton Brickell will open up though.

We are flying in on Saturday morning into FLL for Sunday cruise out of Pom. Most likely will rent a car from fll and return to Mia. Where is best to stay one night?

Thanks for any suggestions.

For which one of your cruises? What is your budget?

You can rent a car and return to one of the agencies downtown in Miami. There is an Alamo desk right at the Intercontinental hotel if you end up staying there. Most of the other agencies are right downtown too.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn port of Miami two weeks ago. We thought the location was fantastic. Across the street from Bayside Market. CVS is one block away. Got a bottle of wine, six pack of beer and sodas for the cruise. It was reasonable IMO. The day of our cruise there was some kind of special running event which shut down all of the roads in a 4 block radius. It was a disaster for us to get to the port. But the hotel was acceptable. Comfy beds and close to everything. I would stay there again.

We are flying in on Saturday morning into FLL for Sunday cruise out of Pom. Most likely will rent a car from fll and return to Mia. Where is best to stay one night?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stay in the FLL area -- hotels there are generally cheaper than comparable hotels in Miami. Plus Miami hotels charge $25+/day for guest parking. :eek:

Search http://www.sunny.org for FLL tourist and hotel info.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I just booked this hotel today for our OCTOBER 6, 2017 cruise.

Rooms begin at $165 a night if you wish to pre-pay.

Average $200 per night, which includes taxes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk