Costa Luminosa..in Sydney for 3 days

t8rrk5.jpg

Costa's Luminosa is making the most of her call in Sydney. She is there for 3 days. giving passengers a great chance to see Sydney. Looks like she has 2 days at the OPT and then her 3rd day will be on Athol Bouy.

Costa Luminosa 24-Oct-2016 23:59 (Mon) 27-Oct-2016 05:00 (Thu) Overseas Passenger Terminal OPT

Costa Luminosa 27-Oct-2016 05:00 (Thu) 27-Oct-2016 18:00 (Thu) Athol Buoy

I believe it is the Costa version of the Carnival Spirit class. For me that cruise line is tainted forever now thanks to one of their ships sinking not that I would have ever cruised with the line in the first place.

By the looks of it Carnival must be desperate to broaden the competition against Royal Caribbean which also tends to get a lot of European passengers on their ships.

I believe it is the Costa version of the Carnival Spirit class. For me that cruise line is tainted forever now thanks to one of their ships sinking not that I would have ever cruised with the line in the first place.

By the looks of it Carnival must be desperate to broaden the competition against Royal Caribbean which also tends to get a lot of European passengers on their ships.

So you can't fly many airlines then . . :rolleyes:

I think Tonys a bit harsh . The Costa ship is a derivative of the Vista class of ships, like the Cunard Queens , the HAL fleet and P&O Cruises (UK). Is he going to boycott those as well? There are not many left if he does.:D

The ship may have sunk but it was due to human error not weather conditions.

The cruise line style was not on my cruise radar in the first place. Ultimately I would never have booked a cruise on a Costa ship regardless of the sinking or not.

I said I don't think the sinking helped the cruise lines reputation.

The class of ship can be different to many different lines. A Spirit class with Carnival is run entirely differently to the Vista class with HAL. Its just the style they run and has nothing to do with the ship.

As for me would I go on a cruise ship where the main languages are European - No.

Would I go on a Japanese speaking ship - Absolutely as I can speak the language.

Would I sail Carnival - Never

Would I sail Princess - All the time.

It just comes down to tastes.

The ship may have sunk but it was due to human error not weather conditions.

Also here is a mystery question for you. Why did it sink at all? Shouldn't cruise ships have enough watertight compartments to contain flooding and remain afloat. Titanic sank in 2 hours an 40 minutes. Costa Concordia sank in 20 minutes. Design flaw maybe?

I wouldn't put it that way. It's a brief visit. Broadening competition would be to enter as a competitor.

Have you seen any marketing for any cruises on Costa to operate here? I doubt it; hence not increasing the competition.

Also here is a mystery question for you. Why did it sink at all? Shouldn't cruise ships have enough watertight compartments to contain flooding and remain afloat. Titanic sank in 2 hours an 40 minutes. Costa Concordia sank in 20 minutes. Design flaw maybe?

Possibly.

I wouldn't put it that way. It's a brief visit. Broadening competition would be to enter as a competitor.

Have you seen any marketing for any cruises on Costa to operate here? I doubt it; hence not increasing the competition.

Agreed, just stopping in on it's way through as many ships do.

But it is still here so the question is why when Carnival has so many cruise lines coming here in the first place. P&O, Carnival, P&O UK, Cunard, HAL, Princess. Why has Costa all of a sudden needed to make a stop here when Carnival obviously has great interest in the area already.

But it is still here so the question is why when Carnival has so many cruise lines coming here in the first place. P&O, Carnival, P&O UK, Cunard, HAL, Princess. Why has Costa all of a sudden needed to make a stop here when Carnival obviously has great interest in the area already.

All of a sudden???

She is doing a World Cruise . :rolleyes:

As Kiwi Kruzer said. Same reason you can see Sea Princess in places like Colombia, London and New York each year, and it's not to increase local competition there.

"The Cost of Safety is Eternal Vigilance"

The two sinking's were caused by the same thing arrogance and stupidity by men who should have known better.

The damage to the Costa Concordia was huge there was no way she was going to stay afloat the ONLY thing to do was beach her as soon as possible.

Unfortunately Testosterone tends to make rational men act in erratic ways.

There was not much wrong with the design of either ship considering the times , the Titanic for example carried more lifeboats that the law required her to carry ... and nearly twice the number of lifejackets required by law , but it was the Cold that killed not drowning

Watertight compartments however good will not produce and unsinkable ship man will always find a way

The Empress of Ireland sank in 14 mins with the loss of 1012 lives ....most people on the Costa Concordia survived

Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ

"The Cost of Safety is Eternal Vigilance"

The two sinking's were caused by the same thing arrogance and stupidity by men who should have known better.

The damage to the Costa Concordia was huge there was no way she was going to stay afloat the ONLY thing to do was beach her as soon as possible.

Unfortunately Testosterone tends to make rational men act in erratic ways.

There was not much wrong with the design of either ship considering the times , the Titanic for example carried more lifeboats that the law required her to carry ... and nearly twice the number of lifejackets required by law , but it was the Cold that killed not drowning

Watertight compartments however good will not produce and unsinkable ship man will always find a way

The Empress of Ireland sank in 14 mins with the loss of 1012 lives ....most people on the Costa Concordia survived

Regards

John

32 deceased.:( RIP.