Excursion - Use OBC or CC?

lcumpire

We are on the Summit in Feb 2017 with 4 port stops. We were given a lot of OBC as part of the purchase. We would like to take the Celebrity 6 hour tour from St. Thomas to St. John.

Would like to use my OBC instead of booking early and having to use my credit card to complete the excursion reservation.

If I book now using my credit card can I change to OBC when I board the ship?

Thanx

When you cancel on-board the money will be credited to your sea pass as OBC, not returned to your credit card.

Yes but it is returned as refundable OBCR. Any new charges onboard (like rebooking the excursion) is taken from OBCN first. Any remaining OBCR is returned to the credit card you used to back your seapass account at the end of the cruise (assuming a negative seapass balance).

Edited by wrk2cruise

Thanx to everyone who responded - will probably use my credit card and take my chances when we board

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If thee is a waiting list for that particular tour and you cancel, the chances are that you would go to the bottom of the list and miss out. If it was me I would use OBC and go direct to shore excursions immediately after boarding. Unless this is a particularly popular tour with little options of private excursions I would be surprised if it was booked out on embarkation day

If thee is a waiting list for that particular tour and you cancel, the chances are that you would go to the bottom of the list and miss out. If it was me I would use OBC and go direct to shore excursions immediately after boarding. Unless this is a particularly popular tour with little options of private excursions I would be surprised if it was booked out on embarkation day

Have I understood?

I have already booked 2 excursions well in advance of the cruise. Are you saying that I can go to Shore excursions, ask if there is availability, then cancel my current booking and book again?

Have I understood?

I have already booked 2 excursions well in advance of the cruise. Are you saying that I can go to Shore excursions, ask if there is availability, then cancel my current booking and book again?

Theoretically what you summise is correct but I would check with shore excursions once you get onboard to be 100% sure and before making any cancellations. Checking on board rather than online is a guaranteed way of getting the truth. It is not uncommon for online messages from X to be at variance with decisions actually made on the ship

Edited by Beanb41

We are planning on taking the ships transportation to St John too but will be waiting to use OBC. If not available there are other options to get there. We aren't booking the tour just the boat over so we don't have to go all the way to Red Hook to catch a ferry.

I don't think it will be booked but you never know. I don't want to book then cancel and get more OBC as that defeats the purpose. I'll still have the credit card charge.

When we have a lot of OBC we always take our chances and book onboard. We check the excursions we want and take the list with us. We go immediately to the excursion desk upon embarkation and book what we want. We've never been shut out despite the warnings on the website that popular excursions sell out fast. Maybe we were lucky, but I'd prefer to take my chances and use the X dollars than my credit card pre-cruise. Also, you should note that sometime the cost on board is slightly more than pre-cruise.

Have I understood?

That is what someone posted. The cost of the cancelled excursion will be put onto your onbaord account as refundable OBC.

When we have a lot of OBC we always take our chances and book onboard. We check the excursions we want and take the list with us. We go immediately to the excursion desk upon embarkation and book what we want. We've never been shut out despite the warnings on the website that popular excursions sell out fast. Maybe we were lucky, but I'd prefer to take my chances and use the X dollars than my credit card pre-cruise. Also, you should note that sometime the cost on board is slightly more than pre-cruise.

This is our first time on Celebrity. We have 575 in OBC and we have the premium beverage and gratuities paid. I also applied for the Celebrity credit card so I might still have time to get a 100 OBC from their intro offer. So far I have reserved Captain Bob in St. Maarten and beach chairs & umbrella at Carambola Beach club in St. Kitts. I'm not sure what we want to do in Barbados or St. Thomas yet but I was going to look at what is available through Celebrity and then book when we get on board to use the OBC. I might also see if we can get some deals on specialty restaurants. I don't think 575 will be too hard to spend :)

This is our first time on Celebrity. We have 575 in OBC and we have the premium beverage and gratuities paid. I also applied for the Celebrity credit card so I might still have time to get a 100 OBC from their intro offer. So far I have reserved Captain Bob in St. Maarten and beach chairs & umbrella at Carambola Beach club in St. Kitts. I'm not sure what we want to do in Barbados or St. Thomas yet but I was going to look at what is available through Celebrity and then book when we get on board to use the OBC. I might also see if we can get some deals on specialty restaurants. I don't think 575 will be too hard to spend :)

There are usually plenty of specialty deals to be had if you're willing to be flexible with your dining times and there's a nice discount available usually for first night. As the cruise goes on and sometimes the discounts deepenot. Don't be bashful about what you want. And don't forget the spa (my favorite!). Also the shops...You're right, you'll not have trouble spending it. We also sometimes use it give extra tips to deserving crew members who have been especially wonderful. We'e doing Emerald Beach in St. Thomas, Carambola in St Kitts, and the water taxi and beach in St. Martin, have drinks and gratuities and a bit more OBC than you, and there's not a doubt in my mind that it'll be gone by Dec 21st!