Christmas questions

metairiegal

Dh and I will be on the Caribbean Princess for Christmas this year (our 1st Christmas spent with Princess).

Christmas Eve we'll be visiting Princess Cays and Christmas Day will be our first sea day.

I assume the first sea day/Christmas Day will be formal?

Will Christmas Eve be formal, too?

Will there be pictures with Santa?

Any special Christmas activities not to miss on the ship either day?

What about special activities on Princess Cays on Christmas Eve?

Are there any special foods/menus to look forward to?

Will egg nog be served out on the decks or anywhere else on the ship?

Should we bring a holiday card to leave a Christmas tip/gift for our room steward?

Dh and I will be on the Caribbean Princess for Christmas this year (our 1st Christmas spent with Princess).

Christmas Eve we'll be visiting Princess Cays and Christmas Day will be our first sea day.

I assume the first sea day/Christmas Day will be formal?

Will Christmas Eve be formal, too?

Will there be pictures with Santa?

Any special Christmas activities not to miss on the ship either day?

What about special activities on Princess Cays on Christmas Eve?

Are there any special foods/menus to look forward to?

Will egg nog be served out on the decks or anywhere else on the ship?

Should we bring a holiday card to leave a Christmas tip/gift for our room steward?

Formal day varies, depending on the cruise director.

I would guess it would be the sea day (25th) instead of 24th, but it's just a guess.

People might dress up both days, but only one will be the official "formal" day.

Yes, Santa is there for photos, and we've gotten a small gift from Santa if you stand in line and wait for it.

I've never seen egg nog.

A holiday tip would be appreciated, it's a personal choice. Many do it, many don't.

Have fun! A holiday in the Caribbean sounds awesome!!

On Christmas Eve, there will be carols in the atrium with the officers and crew; don't miss it; its spectacular! Christmas Day will begin with face painting, cookie decorating, and other fun activities in the atrium, followed by a visit from Santa and subsequent presents and photos. Anyone can sit on santa's lap for a pic. Christmas dinner is turkey or ham or the regular menu items. Both turkey and ham were scrumptious! Desserts were traditional British Christmas desserts, which was fun to experience.

I never saw eggnog.

Before dinner, there will be a special Christmas show in the theater with the pax choir, production performers, and guest entertainers; it's a really cool show.

Other than that and the decorations around the ship, there will be typical cruise activities occurring.

Christmas at sea is quite special!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They had virgin eggnog on some of our Christmas cruises. I bought a shot on our last Christmas cruise to spike ours, splitting the liquor between two small glasses of eggnog.

The production entertainers will usually present a special Christmas show, sometimes inviting other crew members to join them.

Christmas Eve on Regal last year was great. The crew and entertainers sang carols in the atrium and there was egg nog and then dancing. On Xmas day all the children lined up to see Santa and get a present, it was lovely to watch. There was a traditional British Xmas dinner in the evening which pleased my husband and I as we are dual citizens (US/UK) and then a really silly crew show, but everyone was in a good mood. Xmas was so nice on board that we are going again. I like being at sea on Xmas day and not in a port, so we are on the 11 day Regal Holiday cruise.

Don't order their TV quality turkey dinner. Anything else on the menu will be better.

We took battery operated led Christmas lights which I put around the room using strong magnets. We also tape a outdoor set on the balcony glass. Only battery type lights are allowed. We also packed a small 20inch tree with lights for the table.

13.jpg

I thought I had a picture of the room but it's not accessible at this time.

99% formal night will be the sea day on the 25th

framer

Edited by framer

We took battery operated led Christmas lights which I put around the room using strong magnets. We also tape a outdoor set on the balcony glass. Only battery type lights are allowed. We also packed a small 20inch tree with lights for the table.
That's the first time I heard that only battery type lights are allowed. We have frequently brought a small artificial tree with electric lights on our holiday cruises. No one has ever mentioned electric lights not being allowed in cabins.

Our last three cruises were the RTs to Hawaii which included Christmas and New years. One formal night (out of three) was on either Christmas Eve or Christmas day (not both; the last cruise had it on 12/24) and one on New Years Eve (all three times).

I did bring some miniature ornaments for our nightstand (hello Kitty, spongebob) and a sticky foam menorah on the cruise that included Hanukkah (there were nightly candle lightings in one lounge -- we didn't bring our regular menorah but it turned out many families did...and regular candles were allowed in there).

That's the first time I heard that only battery type lights are allowed. We have frequently brought a small artificial tree with electric lights on our holiday cruises. No one has ever mentioned electric lights not being allowed in cabins.

Being you just had a small tree, I'd guess, nothing was seen. But we had 4-10' strings around the cabin, a tree with lights, and a 10' string of lights on the balcony. It was checked out by a supervisor according to the room steward. He told us that because they were battery operated that there was no problem.

It was fun to walk in to the lit up cabin in the evening.

framer

Edited by framer

Has anyone ever had the experience of Christmas being a port day? This Christmas the Crown Princess will be in Punta Arenas, Chile from 7 am to 7 pm. In this case, are they likely to make formal night Christmas Eve which is a sea day? We are in Buenos Aires on New Years Eve from 8 am to 6pm but I presume that will still be a formal night.

Don't forget about the crew on your holiday cruise. All of them are not only away from their families but working extra hard right through the holidays to make it more special so anything you can do to make it more special is appreciated. Holiday cruises are always busy and often full of difficult passengers (families send members they don't want around on a Christmas cruise and people who don't do Christmas try to escape it by taking a cruise). There are many great passengers as well but holiday cruises always come with an extra dose of difficult passengers.

As for egg nog it's hit and miss. If it's important I suggest bringing some onboard with you and storing it in your cabin.

But there will be lots of fun activities and the decorations are fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk