Carnival NEW Farewell Show!! Anyone else excited?

TurtleCrossing1

Is anyone else excited for Carnival's new farewell show??? FINALLY!!! :)

Ummm, no. "Good-bye" is still "good-bye", no matter who gets up on stage and says it. I would only get excited if the cruise director said "Everyone here gets a ticket for a free future cruise."

Ummm, no. "Good-bye" is still "good-bye", no matter who gets up on stage and says it. I would only get excited if the cruise director said "Everyone here gets a ticket for a free future cruise."

Exactly. Leaving a ship or ending a land vacation is the worst part of getting away. I wouldn't want to put more emphasis on "haha you have to go home now".

I have to agree. Ive been to them on Royal and they are just too depressing for me. I no longer attend.

Wow. I'm surprised everyone feels this way. I think that it wraps up the cruise perfectly. A nice little "Cruise In Review" video and a thank you from the cruise line goes a long way..

Sorry to burst your bubble. A perfect wrap up to the cruise would be a letter from Guest Services saying we owe zero dollars on our S&S account, NOT a cruise in review video. On Debarkation Day, when the CD and his staff say "Thank-you for sailing with us. We hope to see you again." as we're exiting the ship, that's all the thanks I need.

Edited by beachbum53

Now that I understand what it is I am not excited about it!

Seeing a video of what happened during my cruise does not sound exciting to me at all!

Planning for another cruise or land vacation now THAT sounds exciting!!

Very true.

Once upon a time they gave us professional entertainment every night in the main lounge. This is not that.

If they gave away free drinks they will get a packed house:eek:

You'd think, but no. Carnival used to have a party on the final day of the cruise with live music and unlimited free drinks. According to Carnival, they weren't well-attended so they stopped offering it. It's true that the percentage of passengers attending was low, but it was held around 4pm on the last day and wasn't well-publicized. So it was more of a cost-cutting measure than anything else. I think they stopped doing them shortly after the cruise I took in Feb. 2012.

You'd think, but no. Carnival used to have a party on the final day of the cruise with live music and unlimited free drinks. According to Carnival, they weren't well-attended so they stopped offering it. It's true that the percentage of passengers attending was low, but it was held around 4pm on the last day and wasn't well-publicized. So it was more of a cost-cutting measure than anything else. I think they stopped doing them shortly after the cruise I took in Feb. 2012.

Farewell party was set up to fail. Put it in fun times first day and never mentioned it again. Than have it when people are getting ready to pack for home.

The excitement of replacing professional entertainment with amateur ___.

So if they have this and Hasbro in the same evening how will we ever choose.

Probably a good thing you can request a free deck of cards from guest services :D