Oasis, Harmony, Allure meeting Live Broadcast

The live stream isn't working if you are in the UK - as you get redirected to Royal Caribbean's UK page.

So you need to look at it while NOT LOGGED IN to Facebook for it to work.

It's quite poor quality as well. I thought it would be a proper production with cameras and mics and things, not someone holding a phone on a bad connection!

On the live feed Michael Bayley said Oasis 4 in Australia "you never know.":confused:

He was answering a question if an Oasis Class ship would ever sail from Australia.

It was just a typical canned answer, as he would never give away where Oasis 4 is going before the official announcement.

Just arrived at the Hilton in FL right before 4 pm, looked out from the balcony, and saw it all unfold. Very cool! If I knew how to post pics to cc I would. I'm embarrassed that I haven't figured it out yet, but now I am def going to do it. Boarding the Allure on Sunday- cannot wait!

The live stream isn't working if you are in the UK - as you get redirected to Royal Caribbean's UK page.

So you need to look at it while NOT LOGGED IN to Facebook for it to work.

It's quite poor quality as well. I thought it would be a proper production with cameras and mics and things, not someone holding a phone on a bad connection!

Thanks for that - not getting any joy on FB either when not logged in.

I also expected something a little more professional - like when we arrived in NY on Quantum.

So once again thanks to PompanoBeachCam for being the only viable provider of photos....:rolleyes:

Somewhere in my head I thought a team of professionals would be boarding Oasis in FLL today with some good cameras and sound equipment and vision mixers. And they'd use the VOOM on board to live stream a proper production. You know, given the magnitute of the event.

Maybe a link to the helicopter? but to be fair that would be pushing it.

Instead we got someone holding a phone the wrong way round in a small boat so far away from the ships that the phone camera could barely make them out. And sound that you couldn't hear from the wind. and a stream that kept cutting out because of there being no signal.

Poor show Royal.

I'd be embarrassed if this was the live stream of my local churches nativity play, let alone one of the biggest events in the recent history of a multi billion dollar company.

Somewhere in my head I thought a team of professionals would be boarding Oasis in FLL today with some good cameras and sound equipment and vision mixers. And they'd use the VOOM on board to live stream a proper production. You know, given the magnitute of the event.

Maybe a link to the helicopter? but to be fair that would be pushing it.

Instead we got someone holding a phone the wrong way round in a small boat so far away from the ships that the phone camera could barely make them out. And sound that you couldn't hear from the wind. and a stream that kept cutting out because of there being no signal.

Poor show Royal.

I'd be embarrassed if this was the live stream of my local churches nativity play, let alone one of the biggest events in the recent history of a multi billion dollar company.

But then they would have been stuck in PC :rolleyes:

Yes....the live event was a bust.

I viewed several onboard passenger Periscope live videos that showed much, much more.

This was ultimately a "photo shoot", and we'll likely see professional videos and photos once they put them together in the near future.

I agree, the "Live" event was a bust. RCI has uploaded a nice video with aerial shots on their press website. You can find it at: www "dot" royalcaribbeanpresscenter "dot" com "slash" video "slash" 853 "slash" oasis-class-three-sisters-epk "slash"

4 plus trillion dollars of ships and they rely on a $300 cell phone. .:eek: In theory it was a great idea but when there is that much on the line they should have gone with the safe bet, being set up on Oasis. They would have returned home today from PC and looked like RC heros not zeros. Perhaps they did a trial run a week ago and it worked but it could have been sooo much better.

Thanks to all on the ships that posted videos and photos. It was well worth watching your coverage.

Edited by A&L_Ont