Blowing bubbles off ship

CSocket

Anyone know if it's acceptable for kids to blow bubbles off the ship, either from our balcony or the back of the ship?

We were in an aft balcony. The room above us was blowing bubbles. We got covered with dripping soap (because both kids and parents where trying to get as much soap as possible onto their rings) and soap bubbles which don't float away as you would expect.

Be courteous. Forget it. Don't do it.

There will always be someone who's against it. I would say the majority would say let your kids have fun and just be attentive that they aren't dripping it over the balcony. Don't let a bunch of fuddy duddys take away from your kids vacation.

I always cruise in an aft penthouse and if someone was having fun blowing bubbles above me and it dripped, I'd just step back, so I wouldn't get dripped on.

I say, let your kids have some fun blowing the bubbles.

So.... kids and adults having fun with bubbles and dripping on me and my family on the deck below.... causing me the inconvenience of "stepping back" and cleaning up the slippery slimy mess for my families safety ..... why is their vacation and fun deemed more important and valuable then mine?

Instead of teaching kids that there are zero consequences for their actions.... maybe the parents are held responsible and come down, get on their hands and knees to clean up the aftermath of the kids' fun!

I'm all for having a great time right up to the point where it infringes on me.

No different than being at a hockey or football game and the people above or behind me having a great time but spilling their beer all over me..... should I just leave my seat so they can continue to have fun?

I'm not being argumentative but just sharing my opinion

sent using Forums mobile app

So.... kids and adults having fun with bubbles and dripping on me and my family on the deck below.... causing me the inconvenience of "stepping back" and cleaning up the slippery slimy mess for my families safety ..... why is their vacation and fun deemed more important and valuable then mine?

Instead of teaching kids that there are zero consequences for their actions.... maybe the parents are held responsible and come down, get on their hands and knees to clean up the aftermath of the kids' fun!

I'm all for having a great time right up to the point where it infringes on me.

No different than being at a hockey or football game and the people above or behind me having a great time but spilling their beer all over me..... should I just leave my seat so they can continue to have fun?

I'm not being argumentative but just sharing my opinion

I was speaking of how it would affect me and that I wouldn't have an issue with it, because after all it is just a little soapy water and I can deal with it if it means that children are having a little fun. If you feel differently and that it would adversely affect your cruise, then that is your opinion.

I didn't say it would adversely affect my cruise..... but it would directly impact the enjoyment of my balcony and relaxing as "a little soap" was dripping on me, my drink, my book, my daughter, etc and I was forced inside.

Not unlike the room next to you blaring music at 3am.... they are having fun so why complain?

So, the balcony floors that I have seen had drains in them. I'm not sure how you could dump enough bubble soap down to cause a mess on the deck below, without some effort and aiming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Leaning over the balcony, overloading the giant ring with soap and it drips from the ring down and wind brings it back into your balcony..... not unlike throwing a cigarette over your balcony and it lands three decks down on someone's lap.

I really am not making a federal case out of this..... and the OP clearly said they would be careful and respectful..... but I've been on the receiving end of cigarettes, champagne, trash, soda, water, food, a used condom, etc with people having "fun" on a balcony above me

Edited by esm54687

Now I want to find a car size bubble making mechanism.

Here you go!

I was referring to the $1 bottles. :)

I can't possibly see how kids blowing little bubbles off a balcony could "cover" someone with soap. :rolleyes:

So, I think you're good to go! :D

On one of my Sun cruises, see above avatar, kids above me were spitting. Of course with the scalloped balconies their "bubbles" never made it to the ocean.

We were laying down. When I saw it coming over I got up and looked up. They were surprised and ran inside.

We also got trash and banana peels from the Great Outdoors.

No biggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On one of our cruises while in port the people on the balcony above were blowing bubbles and the way the breeze was going, all the bubbles came down and into our balcony and actually did break on us as we were leaning on the balcony watching for pier runners :p No big deal, we did have to move back and sit down until they quit but we then made a game of breaking them as they came :)