Horrible Guest services experience

TigerLady

You say you have cruised 20 times and then you say you listened to the phone rep about your cabin type? Come on, anyone who has ever called Royal Caribbean knows that the reps know little or nothing about the actual cabins.

Then they are in the wrong line of work, because, I haven't been told wrong in the past. I have a tendency to believe what people tell me. I won't be making that mistake again, I assure you..

Then they are in the wrong line of work, because, I haven't been told wrong in the past. I have a tendency to believe what people tell me. I won't be making that mistake again, I assure you..

They are just reading from a script like any phone rep will do. Sites like Cruise Critic will tell you that great cabin is under a busy or noisy area. No phone rep for any cruise line is going to suggest that their product is anything but wonderful.

I always ask for a midship cabin, with a cabin above, and a cabin below. I still have my computer on the deck plan page, to see with my own eyes. I don't think anyone wants to make a career in a call center, just a way to pay the bills until they can move up or on.

I don't think there was anything they could've done about the noise, and probably get the same complaint week after week.

They are just reading from a script like any phone rep will do. Sites like Cruise Critic will tell you that great cabin is under a busy or noisy area. No phone rep for any cruise line is going to suggest that their product is anything but wonderful.

Strange, because when I did ask about that cabin on this site, no one said a word about it...

Sent us to another room at 130 am and the bed was a king, promised twins, then there we found cookies/wine and a letter to a man! We left the room. Mr. Ivan wanted to argue with me that he was a NO SHOW and I said fine, no problem, how was I supposed to know that when all that stuff was in the room. TWO LADIES - NOT FEELING SAFE - left for our old HOT room.

Is Mr Ivan an employee of the ship? You feel that his explanation of a letter is an argument? "All that stuff?" Sounds like gifts left in the room, yes? Why not just call from the room to ask about it? A made-up room that your key now works in, and it's empty at 1:30am, and you were scared?

As for the bed, that could have been easily split apart either that night if they found a housekeeper or in the morning.

Or just insist that the AC be fixed in your first room the first day.

I always ask for a midship cabin, with a cabin above, and a cabin below. I still have my computer on the deck plan page, to see with my own eyes. I don't think anyone wants to make a career in a call center, just a way to pay the bills until they can move up or on.

I don't think there was anything they could've done about the noise, and probably get the same complaint week after week.

And that is exactly what I was told.. What I am upset about, is the fact, that the Guest Services person ON THE SHIP, said a complaint would be filed, and someone would speak with us.. NONE of that happened.. I know it wouldn't of changed things, but a SINCERE apology would have gone a long way..

While I do feel sorry for you that you had to put up with noise, I do also feel you could have done more to prevent the issue or deal with it sooner.

I always do a search on CC to see if anyone has comments on cabins I am looking at or booked in. I look at the exact number and if anything concerns me those close by as well. And we always bring earplugs just in case.

As for once you made a complaint, if it was not resolved the first day I would be back everyday to make sure they know I am serious and it needs to be taken care of. It is nice to be trusting, but in the world we live in you need to double check, put everything in writing, and follow up yourself if you really want anything done.

I hope you do get a satisfactory resolution, but would take this as a lesson learned as well.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

While I do feel sorry for you that you had to put up with noise, I do also feel you could have done more to prevent the issue or deal with it sooner.

I always do a search on CC to see if anyone has comments on cabins I am looking at or booked in. I look at the exact number and if anything concerns me those close by as well. And we always bring earplugs just in case.

As for once you made a complaint, if it was not resolved the first day I would be back everyday to make sure they know I am serious and it needs to be taken care of. It is nice to be trusting, but in the world we live in you need to double check, put everything in writing, and follow up yourself if you really want anything done.

I hope you do get a satisfactory resolution, but would take this as a lesson learned as well.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I did a search, no one had anything to say.. As I mentioned, there wasn't a solution for the noise, and yes I am too trusting, and won't be again..

It is a lesson learned, people are lazy, they lie, and don't do the jobs they are getting paid for..

Feel free to talk among yourselves, as I am done with this thread.. I got the email addresses I was looking for, and the flaming I expected. I was hoping to save someone else from this problem room, but y'all seem content in pointing my errors instead.

Good Day and God Bless......

Originally Posted by epcopres

"Next thing is deck 8 is going to be louder because Enchantment has a lot of activities on the pool deck which is directly above you. They have a HUGE dance area by the Oasis bar and pools as well. So noise is going to be noticed until probably 11pm. Its a shorter cruise with Usually a younger crowd that likes to have fun while on vacation. It sounds like you didnt pick a great room location for someone that likes to nap or go to bed early. Hope your next experience is better".

For the record, I am not a rookie when it comes to cruises, we have cruised almost 20 times on various ships. We are not people who tend to go to bed early.. Midnight or so.... Again, supposition on your part, EpcoPres..

When I called and upgraded our cabin, I had looked at floor plans, and saw the area in which the new cabin would be located.. Since I have been on this ship twice before, I knew the type of crowds that are on there. CONTRARY to what many of you believe, October is not a big party month for this ship. very few "young" people, many older couples and families.

Anyway.. I SPECIFICALLY asked the Res agent, about the cabin.. She assured me that I would love it, it was quiet, NO WORRIES.... SHE LIED

In regards to what you said to epcopres, that poster said "It sounds like you didnt pick a great room location for someone that likes to nap or go to bed early. " Go back and look at that. ..."for someone that likes to nap". That would be you.

As for the person lying, OMG a phone reservation person doesn't know. They aren't *lying*, they are trying to sell you something. You looked at the map, you KNEW the potential issues. Come on now. You have more experience than any phone rep.

You say you have cruised 20 times and then you say you listened to the phone rep about your cabin type? Come on, anyone who has ever called Royal Caribbean knows that the reps know little or nothing about the actual cabins.

Seriously.

Strange, because no where in your posting history is a post asking about Enchantment JS...

Did a search on threads, thank you for investigating my thread history for me, though...

I am just going by what you said, I looked for the post because I wanted to see what people had to say or if they did indeed ignore you. I found no such post.

It is unfortunate that you booked a cabin under the Solarium, but you do have to take some responsibility for the booking. Anyone who has cruised, even once, knows that it is important to look at what is above, below or beside your cabin. Sometimes, even with doing research, we get something we dislike. I booked a hump cabin on Brilliance because so many said they are great and aren't noisy. Worst cabin I have ever had! Live and learn.

In regards to what you said to epcopres, that poster said "It sounds like you didnt pick a great room location for someone that likes to nap or go to bed early. " Go back and look at that. ..."for someone that likes to nap". That would be you.

For the record, lying down to take a nap, ONE TIME, doesn't make me a person who likes to nap,but whatever....................................

No flames, but a few observations.

If I understand you correctly, the main thrust of your complaint was the noises that you were subjected to. I'm really not sure how someone with your experience - over 20 cruises I believe you said - who has looked at the deck plans would not be concerned about the potential noise. That being said, what exactly would you expect them to do? They apparently tried to find another cabin, but none was available, and they can't simply stop the ship's ongoing operation. What would you have viewed as a viable solution, and did you propose it to guest services?

As for the cabin, you should have been able to get a very good idea of its size from the deck plans. As you've sailed on this ship previously, it wouldn't be hard to compare your past cabin(s) with the one you booked. We all know that shore based staff with most cruise lines have varied or no actual cruising experience, so while the information that you were given might have been erroneous, I think you are stretching it to call it a lie. Mistakes do happen.

You don't indicate that the smoking issue continued, so it does appear that Guest Services did deal with an issue that was within their control.

Having read the details, I think that the only real issue is the fact the GS staff members weren't consistent on the issue of whether or not a report was logged. Maybe it was, but just misplaced. In any event, GS should take steps to avoid these types of contradictions, which can only leave a bad taste in passengers' mouths.

Edited by Fouremco

This is a good time to remind everyone to travel with ear plugs. I've had to use them more than once on ships & will never travel without them. Learned the hard way.

I couldn't agree more. Land or sea, we never travel without them.