Pictures of the former Tahitian Princess/Ocean Princess

caribill

Thanks for posting. Basically, the ship has not changed all that much in terms of configuration. The renovation was primarily an upgrade in furniture, trim and amenities. The main change from my perspective (and not a great one in my opinion) is the replacement of the Club Bar with Barista, an upscale version of the IC. I'm guessing others will disagree.

We've loved our cruises on the Ocean and Pacific Princesses. Hopefully the Pacific will remain in the fleet, at least for a while. :)

• 5 months later...

Thank you for sharing. I came here to see if I could find out information that the Ocean was possibly being refurbished (since I hadn't seen any listings). I'm disappointed she's not part of the Princess fleet - our trip to the South Pacific was one of the best memories of our lives, and we've been looking for a similar trip to go back. Too many cruises to Alaska (just my opinion) and not enough going to tropical islands. Guess I'll just have to wait until I retire and have the 28 days...

SO nice to see this "Little White Lady" again, as she was the first Princess small ship I cruised on, doing the 10 day French Polynesia itinerary back when she was still the Tahitian. It saddened me when Princess decided to sell her, but it's nice to see that Oceania has retained much of her charm, despite the refurbishment. I still miss having her for a Princess option.

Thanks for sharing this link.

Thanks for sharing this, Caribill. I'm surprised by how little was changed. The specialty restaurants and the dining room look the most different (table configuration has been completely changed) but they even kept those silly lights on the dining room tables.

I have seen photos of one of the R-ships that was totally changed...must be an Azamara ship. The bathrooms, in particular, were significantly updated. I think they're the most dated thing on the Pacific Princess and am surprised that Oceania didn't do more with them.