Amber Cove - attack of the flies

RMM34667

Just pulling out of Amber Cove hopefully the millions of flies on board will fly back home. I have never seen anything like it in my life. All the outdoor surfaces were covered. After spending a half hour or so we came back to the ship but had to stay inside. I think Carnival Corp made a big mistake with this location.

Just pulling out of Amber Cove hopefully the millions of flies on board will fly back home. I have never seen anything like it in my life. All the outdoor surfaces were covered. After spending a half hour or so we came back to the ship but had to stay inside. I think Carnival Corp made a big mistake with this location.

That is terrible.

I have a video from deck 17 but had trouble uploading. It was covered with flies. I will try to upload tomorrow from stt. I opened my balcony door for about 5 minutes this morning and we quickly had 5 flies in the cabin. At dinner our table mates reported having to call passenger services to help get the flies out of theor cabin. have not been back up on deck to confirm that they are gone yet.

We were there at the same time as the OP. Didn't see a lot of flies while we were on land, but there were hundreds all over the ship. Most were gone the next day, but even this morning before disembarkation, there were still a few stowaways. We spoke with a gentleman at the pool who had been at Amber Cove back in August on another line and he said there wasn't any problem at all at that time. We are thinking that the heavy rains most likely had something to do with it.

Yes, just off, at first just walking we had a small amount of flies swarming walking thru the shops then going to the pool snack area & ordering drinks they were a mediocre problem but up;on having appetizers at the table, we were overwhelmed, couldn`t wait to leave, on boarding the ship, we lived with flies the whole cruise.

For some reason the Amityville Horror comes to mind [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

I was on the ship and witnessed the invasion of flies. The worst area was the open decks on floor 16-17. The bars were covered with the pests and I mean covered. I wanted to take a picture but didn't want to make the bartender feel uncomfortable, who was just as grossed out and upset as the passengers. I think there were more flies on the ship than Amber Cove. Maybe recent flooding and decaying organic matter caused the influx of flies, or an unseen garbage dump.