BEST Coffee on Celebrity Reflection

sailorgirl111

Thank you everyone for your input! I can't imagine a week without a good cup of coffee. Sadly I am an addict. I will bring my French press and my ground coffee. Of course the early morning ritual of the French press on the balcony will be followed by a trip to Al Bacio for my espresso.

Coffee up until 3 years ago was poor. Buffet coffee was terrible. I used to drink tea at the Buffet. MDR was somewhat better. When they switched to Lavazza, it improved. Coffee now is good. For better coffee, cafe Al Bacio is very good. On S class ships, Cafe Al Bacio 2 in the buffet area is also good. You can also get good coffee from most bars. If you love coffee, get a drink package. At $5 per cup, it is expensive by the cup. I am a Cafe Al Bacio fan. On my most recent Summit cruise, servers remembered me from a previous cruise and called me by name.

What is a "French Kiss"?

French Kiss Coffee Mixed Drink Recipe

Serving Glass: Coffee

3/4 oz Martell Cognac

3/4 oz Grand Marnier

Fill Coffee

Top: Whipped Cream

always great with a chaser of double LaVazza Expresso!!

At home, we brew Seattle's Best #5. On our last cruise in Cafe al Bacio, we'd always get a cafe americano for me and a specially-made concoction for DH (cafe americano with 2 scoops of chocolate powder to which he'd add 1/2 & 1/2).

I have to say that I actually preferred the Lavazza coffee at OV, to the al Bacio cafe americano.

3/4 oz Martell Cognac

3/4 oz Grand Marnier

Fill Coffee

Sounds good! Was introduced to a Mexican Coffee by our assistant waiter on the Constellation last spring. Loved it so much had one every evening after dinner - sometimes instead of dessert! I looked it up and it appears to be coffee, kahlua, tequila, cream and cinnamon.

3/4 oz Martell Cognac

3/4 oz Grand Marnier

Fill Coffee

Oooh sounds good. I like Irish Coffee but I will definitely try this one!

Sounds good! Was introduced to a Mexican Coffee by our assistant waiter on the Constellation last spring. Loved it so much had one every evening after dinner - sometimes instead of dessert! I looked it up and it appears to be coffee, kahlua, tequila, cream and cinnamon.

This sounds good too!!

Edited by Jiminy1955

There's some pretty good evidence to suggest that we coffee fiends should be aiming to drink only two cups per day: one a few hours after getting up (the early side of mid-morning), and another early-to-mid afternoon. Caffeine just competes with our natural hormone cycles - specifically cortisol - at other times. So, if you can, quit the wake up coffee or tea and see what happens. I was pretty surprised to find that it had no negative effects for me. I'm down from about 8 cups per day (at my worst) to just the two now. (OK, sometimes four.)

It's also pretty easy to find a proper industrial espresso machine in most cities and suburbs now (Cafe al Bacio on the ship), so your two cups per day can be darned good ones.

• 2 weeks later...

When I sailed on Silhouette they had one of those self serve coffee machines for lattes, espresso, regular coffee, etc in The Hideaway. I just assumed it would be the same on Reflection. Can someone verify if Reflection has this? it was the best option for free coffee.

Actually 3-5 cups of moderate coffee drinking may lower risk of premature death (research 2015 harvard). So keep up the coffee drinking!! I was just on the Holland and ordered coffee and tea daily. Loved the fine China service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I sailed on Silhouette they had one of those self serve coffee machines for lattes, espresso, regular coffee, etc in The Hideaway. I just assumed it would be the same on Reflection. Can someone verify if Reflection has this? it was the best option for free coffee.

It was there in February.

But usually with an "out of order" sign on them.

Why give you a nice coffee for free when they can get you to go to Café al Bacio for a $3.00 cappuccino?

Not my experience in February. I had coffee there quite a few times all week.