Stocking in room refrigerator?

troykahack

Will Royal add some beers to in room refrigerator??

We both have DP and staying in a GS. I sent a note to the Concierge but have not yet heard back.

Just didn't know if this is something they do. We often have dinner in our cabin and having a beer would be nice or one while hanging out on the balcony.

Thanks

Will Royal add some beers to in room refrigerator??

We both have DP and staying in a GS. I sent a note to the Concierge but have not yet heard back.

Just didn't know if this is something they do. We often have dinner in our cabin and having a beer would be nice or one while hanging out on the balcony.

Thanks

Not sure what DP is, but no, they will not stock your suite with beer. You can buy some and stock it yourself to have when you want them.

Actually, I've had a different experience. I just tell our room steward on the first day the brand of alcohol we like and they always stock it for us. Now, it isn't free but it's there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe on another cruise line, but not on Royal Caribbean. Cabin stewards have nothing to do with the mini bar on Royal Caribbean, a bar waiter stocks them and even then, there is no alcohol in the mini bar except on Quantum class and I think even that has been discontinued.

If you have the drink package just pick up a beer from the bar when you are on the way back to the room and ask the bartender to leave it unopened. We did this and always had a few in the fridge for when we wanted one in the cabin.

Julie

DP is Deluxe Package

Ah, OK then - but you will have to pick it up at a bar and ask that they do not open the can (or bottle) - you can only get one at a time and they will not bring it to you as packages do not include room service.

Ah, OK then - but you will have to pick it up at a bar and ask that they do not open the can (or bottle) - you can only get one at a time and they will not bring it to you as packages do not include room service.

If I paid for six beers would they stock it even though we both have DP??

Edited by troykahack

If I paid for six beers would they stock it even though we both have DP??

If you order beverages from room service, they will bring them to you, and charge you, regardless of if you have a beverage package.

If you order beverages from room service, they will bring them to you, and charge you, regardless of if you have a beverage package.

So it can be done? So even with DP, we are charged normal beer price?? Of course we would tip nicely for room service.

I believe we could have a get together or small party in our cabin. This can be arranged through Royal. I have seen spirits in previous in cabin parties in the past.

Edited by troykahack

So it can be done? So even with DP, we are charged normal beer price?? Of course we would tip nicely for room service.

I believe we could have a get together or small party in our cabin. This can be arranged through Royal. I have seen spirits in previous in cabin parties in the past.

I thought you have cruised in a suite before? How have you handled this in the past?

We just returned from the Allure in an OS and our refrigerator kept our stuff plenty cold. We only put water in there, but it was more than cold.

We had a flyer in our room that said if we wanted our refrigerator stocked to just ask and they would. I can't recall who to ask, but it was on the flyer.

I am guessing DP means "deluxe package" and that won't help if you ask them to stock it with anything. You will pay room service prices.

I had DP and there was no problem asking for unopened beers or waters during the day. I stockpiled a few during the day and took them back to the cabin for later.

No hard liquor delivered to the cabins. On a prior cruise on Oasis in an OS we hosted a sail away party for 14. I contacted OTS group services and they set it up. We had full bar with bartender and a buffet. It was awesome and the price wasn't all that bad.

Edited by jamesr3939

I thought you have cruised in a suite before? How have you handled this in the past?

Honestly, thought never crossed my mind. I just thought it would be nice to have a cold one or two on ice or refrig. I suppose I can always bring one back to the room unopened and add to the ice bucket.

For Dinner in our room, we just bring a drink to the room as we know what time dinner delivery is scheduled.

Honestly, thought never crossed my mind. I just thought it would be nice to have a cold one or two on ice or refrig. I suppose I can always bring one back to the room unopened and add to the ice bucket.

For Dinner in our room, we just bring a drink to the room as we know what time dinner delivery is scheduled.

We stock up on water bottles and sometimes beer. If you get in the habit of stopping at a bar on the way back to your cabin, you can build up a little stash in your cabin. Will save you having to buy a bucket of beers which wouldn't be covered under your deluxe package.:)

We stock up on water bottles and sometimes beer. If you get in the habit of stopping at a bar on the way back to your cabin, you can build up a little stash in your cabin. Will save you having to buy a bucket of beers which wouldn't be covered under your deluxe package.:)

Great idea.... I plan to do this...

Thanks all...

We just returned from the Allure in an OS and our refrigerator kept our stuff plenty cold. We only put water in there, but it was more than cold.

We had a flyer in our room that said if we wanted our refrigerator stocked to just ask and they would. I can't recall who to ask, but it was on the flyer.

I am guessing DP means "deluxe package" and that won't help if you ask them to stock it with anything. You will pay room service prices.

I had DP and there was no problem asking for unopened beers or waters during the day. I stockpiled a few during the day and took them back to the cabin for later.

No hard liquor delivered to the cabins. On a prior cruise on Oasis in an OS we hosted a sail away party for 14. I contacted OTS group services and they set it up. We had full bar with bartender and a buffet. It was awesome and the price wasn't all that bad.

We had a similar experience last month on the Liberty. We were in a new deck 12 room so it was a new refrigerator but we brought unchilled wine on and by day two it was very cold.

Edited by Nemomof3

Three levels... how does this affect stocking of refrigerator? A GS is Sky class along with Star and Sea...

I missed the GS part and that this was referring to a ship with "suite" benefits. In that case you'll likely be able to get the Genie to stock your cooler/fridge.