Updated terms & conditions for UBP

hawkeyetlse

Thanks to poster blord for the heads-up in this thread about Harvest Caye. NCL has updated the T&C for the UBP, with a couple of significant changes:

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. Two (2) beverages per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive a $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less, the Pride of America or Harvest Caye.

Can anyone who is currently on board tell us if the new "2 drinks per transaction" rule actually changes anything in practice? For example, if you show them two cards, can you walk away with 4 drinks :eek: ?

The DH has used his card to get two drinks with the UBP in one venue but each of us would be asked in another. After we went to the same place and same waiters more than once we did not have to give both cards. I guess NCL received enough complaints from couples having to show both cards. It is a shame about Harvest Caye.

Thanks to poster blord for the heads-up in this thread about Harvest Caye. NCL has updated the T&C for the UBP, with a couple of significant changes:

Can anyone who is currently on board tell us if the new "2 drinks per transaction" rule actually changes anything in practice? For example, if you show them two cards, can you walk away with 4 drinks :eek: ?

That's great! It used to be one at a time. Now you can get two at a time, per person.

That's great! It used to be one at a time. Now you can get two at a time, per person.

I don't read it that way especially with NCL' cutbacks. I read it as one person approaching the bar:

One UBP room card gets one drink;

Carry two UBP room cards (Yours and Spouse) get two drinks;

Carry three UBP room cards (Yours, Spouse, and Grandma) too bad, so sad, Server can only provide two drinks.

Hope you are right, though.

That's why I asked the question, hoping for some first-hand reports from people on board. Since most people are traveling as couples, I think the typical order is only one or two drinks anyway. People who are in a bigger group, I'm pretty sure they can somehow figure out a way to get all their drinks even if it's limited to two per person.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I don't read it that way especially with NCL' cutbacks. I read it as one person approaching the bar:

One UBP room card gets one drink;

Carry two UBP room cards (Yours and Spouse) get two drinks;

Carry three UBP room cards (Yours, Spouse, and Grandma) too bad, so sad, Server can only provide two drinks.

Hope you are right, though.

One person can go to the bar with his or her card and order two drinks, because it is presumed they are getting one for them and one for the other package holder. They don't need to carry both cards.

One person can go to the bar with his or her card and order two drinks, because it is presumed they are getting one for them and one for the other package holder. They don't need to carry both cards.

There isn't always another package holder, tho.

On the Dawn in Sept when it came to drinks, we always had both cards, even if only one of us ran for the drinks or even when the servers came around the lounge area of O'Sheehans only one card was swiped.

We never tried to order two drinks with only one card.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service,

package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets,

designated Super Premium brands (subject to change),

bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices,

select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines,

wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer

and glasses of wine over $15 USD.

Does this mean we can no longer get cocktails

or, just limited to cocktails and energy drinks under $15.00?:rolleyes:

That part of the terms has not changed, it has always been written in that confusing (to some) way. Obviously they do not exclude all cocktails from the UBP.

The package covers the first $15 per drink. If your drink is $20, you would be charged $5 plus 18%.

So, the way it is written, as long as the energy drink is under $15.00, it's covered?:)

(Sorry: just being facetious)