Who won Royal Caribbean 3 Oasis Ships Photo Contest?

Lilydrb

I was a passenger on the Harmony of the Seas Transatlantic cruise and witnessed the meeting of the 3 Oasis class ships in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The cruise director repeatedly announced a photo contest to capture in the most creative way the meeting of the 3 ships and passengers were instructed to post the photo within a timeframe on social media (instagram, twitter, etc.) for a chance to win a 5-night cruise. I have inquired with RCL's twitter account for the results and was told winners have been notified. When I asked where to view the winning photos they responded they will get back to me soon. This was 8 days ago and I made another inquiry 2 days ago with the same response. If any of you joined that contest or know anybody who joined and was contacted as winner, please post the winning photo on this thread to settle this once and for all. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I tweeted them to ask for the results and they tweeted back stating they cannot share the winning photo to protect the privacy of the guest/winner. Interesting reason considering the contest was done publicly using instagram and twitter.

I can't attach the screen shot of the twitter response but you can go to my twitter account rderealphotos to check the exchange.

Thanks for posting as the site was rejecting my attachment for having the wrong extension.

That's why I like Tapatalk. It's a direct upload from my phone.

I thought the ships in the wine glass was the BEST of all I saw. We were on Harmony.that day.

Edited by internetwhiz

That's why I like Tapatalk. It's a direct upload from my phone.

I thought the ships in the wine glass was the BEST of all I saw. We were on Harmony.that day.

Thank you...I took that photo from my balcony on the Harmony...we may have passed by each other on the ship. LOL!...Anyway, another photo won, however, only that person knows that he/she won. I sent a private Facebook message to the cruise director and he read my message a week ago...but he never bothered to reply.

I took this pic of my stateroom tv on the Harmony so I could remember the necessary hashtags.

The blurry fine print at the bottom lists http://www.royalcaribbean.com/socialcontest to see the prize details and rules

I personally think it's pretty sketchy to not release the winning photo. They got a bunch of free publicity and could easily get away with not giving away the cruise.

IMG_1480473493.938405.jpg.9012d2a5035774e58afd73e1c092b6c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I usually put my logo on my photos before posting them but they gave us a deadline to post it so I failed to put my watermark. Now my photo is being used by the instagram accounts of Royal Caribbean Spain, Aus/NZ and Thailand. If they had a winner...why not use the winning photo?

Like the Lottery some states you have to share name other states say no.

This was a photo contest...they can show the winning photo without posting the name of the winner. Furthermore, why use a public site like instagram and twitter to submit an entry? If they wanted to protect the privacy of the contestants then they should have asked everyone to email their photos. They wanted social media publicity from everyone's photos and now wants privacy for the winner. The prize is just a 5-night cruise not a million dollars.

Edited by Lilydrb

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! Just want to update you all that Royal Caribbean has not posted the winning photo until now. It's been a month since my initial email and despite multiple email exchanges with their representative, no action on the request was made. My friends and I decided to cancel our trip on the Harmony for April. Happy Holidays to everyone!

I hate to be the conspiracy theorist, but when I was on Allure in 2013 the LA announced everyone who booked their Next cruise on board by Wednesday would be entered to win $300 OBC for the cruise we were on. We were going to do so anyway, but figured that contest would have better odds than most we enter. The drawing was said to be on Wednesday at 1pm. We went to the Next Cruise desk to watch the drawing and nobody on duty acted like they had a clue what I was talking about. I asked a couple of times later, but never saw the LA. I smelled a scam.

I hate to be the conspiracy theorist, but when I was on Allure in 2013 the LA announced everyone who booked their Next cruise on board by Wednesday would be entered to win $300 OBC for the cruise we were on. We were going to do so anyway, but figured that contest would have better odds than most we enter. The drawing was said to be on Wednesday at 1pm. We went to the Next Cruise desk to watch the drawing and nobody on duty acted like they had a clue what I was talking about. I asked a couple of times later, but never saw the LA. I smelled a scam.

Not sure where they do the drawing but we won the $300 on one of our cruises.

No scam here, I booked a cruise while on the Oasis a couple of weeks ago. They held the drawing during the taping of the cruise director's morning show. Pretty shocked when they called my name for the $300 OBC.

Lou

Not sure where they do the drawing but we won the $300 on one of our cruises.

That makes me feel better, but when nobody in the Next Cruise area had a clue and it was never publicized, it made me suspicious.

Hi guys! Just want to update you all that Royal Caribbean has not posted the winning photo until now. It's been a month since my initial email and despite multiple email exchanges with their representative, no action on the request was made. My friends and I decided to cancel our trip on the Harmony for April. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Wow. This really bothers you, doesn't it.

I would never cancel a cruise based on such a thing. So, you are never gonna cruise RC again over it?

For me, it just means I'll never bother entering a contest of theirs again. Won't expend the energy. That's all.

I would never cancel a cruise based on such a thing. So, you are never gonna cruise RC again over it?

For me, it just means I'll never bother entering a contest of theirs again. Won't expend the energy. That's all.

It would be nice to see the winnng photo. I feel the same as intenetwiz above me.

Agree with both of you...