Mini-bars

ECCruise

Don't know if this will be a fleet wide change, but fully stocked mini-bars are a thing of the past on the Silhouette. They were emptied mid-cruise on our crossing in the last 2 weeks and will be stocked with only a minimal amount of soft drinks, a single water and (they were not sure at the time) a beer or two. The rest of the space in the mini-bar will then be available for pax use.

Heard that corporate found it a waste of time and space due to the number of booze packages on most sailings and since many pax wanted them emptied, it would be a smart gesture. Don't know if that is true or not.

Edited by ECCruise

This is welcome news.

I recently returned from a Equinox TA. I had a late afternoon flight from Ft Lauderdale so I purposely asked for one the last numbers for departure. To kill time, we sat near the Cafe Bacio area. The Cafe was still open.

Never did this before on the day departure but decided to go down to Customer Relations to get a copy of the final bill since I had time to kill. On it, to my surprise, was a mini bar charge. First time this ever happened on a Celebrity cruise. I told the Customer Relations desk staff member I did not use the mini bar and he and he immediately removed it.

So leaving the refrigerator empty would be fine with me.

I hope this is a new policy. We always ask to have it emptied, then store several bottles of water so we don't need to stop on the way off the ship to get them for excursions. We also like to use them to store snacks to nibble on while getting ready. Even though they don't 'refrigerate', they have worked fine for us to keep cool some various cheeses, fruit, and a few sweets. I hope the for fee snacks (M&M's, Pringles, etc) are also going away.

I would be so happy if this policy change is true! I had a $41.54 charge on my credit card after I returned from my last cruise. I called and it was for mini bar charges!! It is not the first time that has happened but in other occasions it was maybe between 5 to 10 dollars. I asked my room attendant to remove the items and only 1/2 was removed. I guess he never put them back before inspection.