Live from Koningsdam, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer, Nov 23-Dec 4

sppunk

I stumbled across this thread and am glad I did. We are faithful HAL cruisers and just love their quality and service. We're booked on the Kdam next October. Was a little apprehensive about all of the new features but now can't wait! Thanks for a great day by day review.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for your fabulous recap on the King.

It was very helpful and well done, like the rest of this thread.

I agree. I don't think specialty dining or special dinners are nickel and diming. They are optional :). Sel de Mer sounds wonderful.

Many thanks again for all your insight and taking the time to share with us.

A wonderful review for what was clearly a wonderful cruise. We had originally booked the K for yesterday's 10 day southern Caribbean cruise, but later cancelled it. We do have another booking on the K though and can't wait to try her.

Thank you for a very enjoyable thread!

We took advantage of Luggage Direct, it's really a great deal IMO. You don't have to hunt down your luggage in the terminal, schlep it to a car, schlep it to the airport counter, etc. You get airline luggage tags in your cabin, attach them to your bags, put them in the hall and like magic the next time you see them is at your destination airport. For $25 it's a no-brainer in many instances to us.

Did the offer Luggage Direct onboard or did you pre-book it? A recent CC thread was about whether it was still offered.

They didn't have figs of dates after dinner - they had ginger, apricots and mints. My wife loves the figs and dates so was disappointed.

As long as the ginger is still there, I will be happy!

Edited by Boytjie

I am thinking of using this service in January 2017

I did notice on my last cruise (April 2016) that there was a form in my cabin for Luggage Direct,it has to be filled out 2 days before disembarking.The $25

fee per passenger includes the airline boarding pass.If there is a fee for checked luggage it will be added to your bill.

I am flying Delta and have a Delta AmEx Card for free checked luggage and wondered how that worked using Luggage Direct ?

https://www.maketraveleasier.com/holland/services

I did notice on my last cruise (April 2016) that there was a form in my cabin for Luggage Direct,it has to be filled out 2 days before disembarking.The $25

fee per passenger includes the airline boarding pass.If there is a fee for checked luggage it will be added to your bill.

I am flying Delta and have a Delta AmEx Card for free checked luggage and wondered how that worked using Luggage Direct ?

There is an option on the forum to indicate you get free bags (be it credit card, frequent flyer status, etc)

Thanks for the webpage. I just signed up now for the Luggage Direct for our January cruise and it was $19.95 per passenger for our Southwest flight to be charged to our onboard account. :)

Edited by canadarocks

My Mom and I were on this cruise too. We met spunk and wife at Meet and Greet. Mom still lives in York, PA. I loved Koningsdam also. Not too big for me. Really enjoyed NY Deli, ate the Breakfast Bagels and Bronx pizza and Little Italy sandwich and Brooklyn tuna. Liked the ambiance of Pinnacle Grill and enjoyed the lobster at my first Tamarind dinner. World Stage is a nice venue. Staff just as friendly as I have found on other HAL ships. I hope to sail her again.

My Mom and I were on this cruise too. We met spunk and wife at Meet and Greet. Mom still lives in York, PA. I loved Koningsdam also. Not too big for me. Really enjoyed NY Deli, ate the Breakfast Bagels and Bronx pizza and Little Italy sandwich and Brooklyn tuna. Liked the ambiance of Pinnacle Grill and enjoyed the lobster at my first Tamarind dinner. World Stage is a nice venue. Staff just as friendly as I have found on other HAL ships. I hope to sail her again.

It was nice meeting you both! Hope your mom made it back without issue. If you get up this way hit me up, maybe we can grab a dinner.

I want to thank the original poster for his "live" report. My sister and her husband boarded this ship on Sat. Dec. 4th she is in for a big treat. After reading all your experiences and observations, I'm sure they are having a great time. They have been on more than 50 cruises all with HA. So they are well traveled and love HA. This is their first time on a ship so large so it will be fun to hear about how they liked it.

Thanks again for posting.Almost makes me want to give "K" a chance. I'm a "Celebrity" gal and only am trying NCL because of the cruise around Hawaii. No long ocean voyage before landing. LOL

Edited by pattyj 1204