Anyone ready to book Alaska on the Bliss for 2018???

twentyatheart

I am so excited to book a cabin this January to sail on the Bliss in 2018! We went to Alaska on the Jewel in June of 2015 and it was amazing. We have never been on the larger ships or on a newer one so....stoked! Anyone one else planning on trying the new ship in 2018? For those that have sailed on a new ship...what would be the pros and cons. I believe from what I have read this new ship is supposed to accommodate 4000!

I want to be on Her when She crosses through the Panama Canal and arrives in Seattle for the first time.

I was on the Getaway from Southampton to New York City in January 2014 and can not wait to sail on the Bliss. I am heading back to the Getaway in a couple of weeks to sail over Christmas.

We have been sailing Alaska every year. Will be penciling in the Bliss for 2018.

We have sailed on NCL's mega ships a dozen times (BA 2 times, GA 2 times, Escape 2 times, Epic 6 times).

Cons: You need to be a bit more schedule conscious. Book the main theater shows and dining in advance (90 days prior to sailing (100 days for the Havens)).

Pros: So much more to do and see on board. While we do more small ship cruises than mega ships, we really like the variety of activities on the mega ships.

We just got off the Getaway and we were told the Bliss is replacing the Jewell to Alaska. NCL also has the Pearl that cruises to Alaska out of Seattle and the Sun sails out of Vancouver to Alaska. There was no mention of moving either of those ships so I was assuming they will both continue as long as they can fill them all. They said that the schedule for the Bliss will be out in January for booking. I will be interested in where she will go for the winters after her Alaska sailings.:)

I am so excited to book a cabin this January to sail on the Bliss in 2018! We went to Alaska on the Jewel in June of 2015 and it was amazing. We have never been on the larger ships or on a newer one so....stoked! Anyone one else planning on trying the new ship in 2018? For those that have sailed on a new ship...what would be the pros and cons. I believe from what I have read this new ship is supposed to accommodate 4000!

There is no way that I would go on a ship that big to AK, sure the infrastructure can handle it but when it shows up it is like 2.5 other ships and finding decent excursions for a fair price is going to be impossible. Additionally AK is all about the ports, better to be on a large new ship somewhere that is less port intensive so you can enjoy the ship.

NCL is missing the boat, if the Bliss is doing Alaska. Inside Passage will be tight, cruising either Glacier Bay or the other glaciers will be next to impossible. Tender in every port, 4000 people trying to get off ship to do shore excursions will be a nightmare. I personally think NCL should use their smallest ships for Alaska.

I personally think NCL should use their smallest ships for Alaska.

They do.......the Sun. The also sail the Jewel and Pearl. The Bliss will have about 1500 more people compared to the Jewel size ships.

We will be booking on the Bliss for June 2018. Our first time to Alaska and our first time on NCL.

We already have a deposit that was gifted to us by my in-laws (made on their last NLC cruise). I'm not sure how to proceed though with booking the cruise once it becomes available. Should we go through a cruise agency or NCL directly? Pros and Cons?

Excited to be on a new ship and a big ship! :)

We will be booking on the Bliss for June 2018. Our first time to Alaska and our first time on NCL.

We already have a deposit that was gifted to us by my in-laws (made on their last NLC cruise). I'm not sure how to proceed though with booking the cruise once it becomes available. Should we go through a cruise agency or NCL directly? Pros and Cons?

Find yourself a good TA that is willing to give you onboard credit and who is willing to give you personal service. A good TA will explain what ever you need to know and will guide you with their expertise. Many good TAs have personal experience with various cruise lines.

I want to be on Her when She crosses through the Panama Canal and arrives in Seattle for the first time.

I was on the Getaway from Southampton to New York City in January 2014 and can not wait to sail on the Bliss. I am heading back to the Getaway in a couple of weeks to sail over Christmas.

Already told my NCL agent to let me know the details about the Panama leg.

I prefer to book directly with the cruise line that I am going on, I may lose out on a little OBC but the ease of making changes directly with the cruise line is more important to me.

NCL is missing the boat, if the Bliss is doing Alaska. Inside Passage will be tight, cruising either Glacier Bay or the other glaciers will be next to impossible. Tender in every port, 4000 people trying to get off ship to do shore excursions will be a nightmare. I personally think NCL should use their smallest ships for Alaska.

Gotta agree with these observations. In addition, there are bound to be more problems with a new ship sailing a new itinerary for the first time. I would love to see the new locks on the Panama Canal cruise, but if you are only doing Alaska I would avoid the first cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

It's part of the Breakaway Plus Class, so I'm hoping it will be similar the the Escape. Our first cruise was last summer on the Escape and we're officially spoiled. We'd like to sail on the Escape again, but the thought of booking a new ship before it even sails is tempting (getting in on good deals). I also think it would be nice to see Alaska.