Lobster night??

blainesterrr

I was on the celebrity solstice two years ago and they had lobster tail one night .

3 years ago I did the epic and they had free lobster tail the first night . It tasted like a dirty aquarium and was awful. I know they got rid of this.

The breakaway has a whole lobster available for purchase every night in the mdr for (~25-30)

RCCL has had lobster in the main dining room on each of our cruises but frankly we don't order it. Hard to make lobster in such large quantities and not winding up with it being pretty dried out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Plus it's always frozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had lobster at Le Bistro on NCL's Getaway. There was no upcharge because it was part of the Specialty Dining Package. The lobster was cut into bite-sized pieces covered in a buttery cream sauce and served in the shell. It was sooo delicious!!

I had lobster at Le Bistro on NCL's Getaway. There was no upcharge because it was part of the Specialty Dining Package. The lobster was cut into bite-sized pieces covered in a buttery cream sauce and served in the shell. It was sooo delicious!!

The definitive word in your post is "had". Hopefully you enjoyed it because lobster is no longer served at Le Bistro.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Princess and Celebrity both have what they pass off as Lobster tails some nights.

Did a Regal Princess Transatlantic this summer and the lobster on the second formal night in the main dining room at no extra charge was really excellent. And you could have as many as you wanted.

It used to be a "steamed whole Maine lobster, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds". A couple months ago it changed to a "12oz grilled lobster tail". The price did not change. :(

In August, lobster was removed from most ships menus. Lobster is only being offered on a few nights in the MDR (other nights, there is a $25 shrimp dish).

The lobster in the MDR for a $25 upcharge are small tails.

SFP_2.jpg

Compared to the Cagney's lobster which has now been discontinued.

SFP_6.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

I paid $25 for the whole lobster in the MDR on Escape back in March. It was OK, but not great. I'm cool with paying $25 once on the trip to have lobster if available if the price of my cruise is much cheaper than some of the other lines. :) Seems like a no brainer to me.

In August, lobster was removed from most ships menus. Lobster is only being offered on a few nights in the MDR (other nights, there is a $25 shrimp dish).

The lobster in the MDR for a $25 upcharge are small tails.

SFP_2.jpg

Compared to the Cagney's lobster which has now been discontinued.

SFP_6.jpg

That top dish looks like a spiny "lobster" versus the bottom one. You're paying $25 for a crayfish.

The definitive word in your post is "had". Hopefully you enjoyed it because lobster is no longer served at Le Bistro.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

It's still on the online menu on the NCL Beyond Ships website, "Homard Rotis Aux Beurre". The menu may not have been updated recently:

http://www.beyondships.com/images/bistro_2.jpg