Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thank you for all the photos and information! [emoji4]

We are on the 1 Dec sailing and then again on the 15 May Iberian Peninsula journey. My poor hubby isn’t with me on the 1 Dec so I’ve been instructed to take as many photos as possible and include commentary[emoji12]

So excited!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the details to all of those who provide all the 'mundane' details....the devil is in the details! And all those with that good eye are high on my list for the proverbial LIKE Button!

I wish there were a Like Button on CC. On this thread I'd be hitting it Big and Often (y)(y)(y)

For those who are new and wonder about the other threads... If you had been here all along you would have realized that the other threads popped up as it became clear there were questions or specific interests that seemed more appropriate in its own thread. For the longest time this thread was dedicated more to issues related to the construction of the ship. As the IV photos started to appear... there were more questions, comments and dare I say criticisms... that seemed to need its own thread. Then people seemed interested in where there specific cabins were when looking from the outside... that logically suggested its own thread. So that is how this all came about. I will add I did not start any of these but the logic flowed beautifully... since I had been following along. And I was late to the party having joined up in April. So I am sure it is confusing if you are late to the party to see the flow that is there.

Okay folks, if I may interject. As compelling as this bed/bath/beyond discussion has been, I truly believe that it is time to put it to rest. We are now beating a dead horse. In fact, we have slaughtered an entire herd of show ponies. There is no doubt that those participating in these– way too many - posts are doing so with fervor and commitment. However, enough is enough. There is no longer any value to the subject thread. Whether or not there has ever been, begs a different forum, just not here.

Granted, I have been on the Edge of my seat with every misspelled word, red arrow, red circle, diagram, diaphragm, homey suggestions, sheet thread count, bed direction, balcony measurements, best calming boat location, excitement of guessing which is your cabin, why MC is the color that it is, why corridors are straight rather than switch backed, shuffleboard tourneys, will I be sleeping sideways while sailing backwards, is there a man/woman in my closet, whether or not the captain knows anything about navigation, alcohol content, food coloring, nationality of room steward, eating backwards while sailing forward, peeing in the pool and avoiding detection, bathroom amenities, library cards, pool water volume and sway, and finally, “whew” will the boat float. You get my drift here.

For sure, these are all critical items when it comes to any cruise vacation. However, when we are bombarded with so much valuable information, or aimless drivel, depending on your perspective, it is difficult to give credence to the subject matter……just sayin’.

If there were a “like” button I would have hit it...There’s a saying we used to use in my industry “ Analyze and Paralyze”.......meaning folks analyze something so much theyre unable to either move forward with a decision or regret the decision they made or second guess anything and everything...

For those who are new and wonder about the other threads... If you had been here all along you would have realized that the other threads popped up as it became clear there were questions or specific interests that seemed more appropriate in its own thread. For the longest time this thread was dedicated more to issues related to the construction of the ship. As the IV photos started to appear... there were more questions, comments and dare I say criticisms... that seemed to need its own thread. Then people seemed interested in where there specific cabins were when looking from the outside... that logically suggested its own thread. So that is how this all came about. I will add I did not start any of these but the logic flowed beautifully... since I had been following along. And I was late to the party having joined up in April. So I am sure it is confusing if you are late to the party to see the flow that is there.

Maybe its just time to shut this thread down...clearly we are way past “... Celebrity Blocks are in the house...”...let everyone divide up into the splinter threads that have popped up since the beginning of this one...

Maybe its just time to shut this thread down...clearly we are way past “... Celebrity Blocks are in the house...”...let everyone divide up into the splinter threads that have popped up since the beginning of this one...

Splinter away if you wish, or not. But shut the thread down, how ridiculous is that idea. :rolleyes:

Clearly the majority of us would disagree. If you do not like it go away. I can think of 4 complainers like you on of this thread. Most of us have enjoyed all the info, pix, red circles, red arrows, concerns, likes, courtesy and answers to questions we’ve had here.

Time for you to go.

I can think of 4 complainers like you on of this thread.

The biggest complainers I've read are those chipping away at every aspect of the ship before the first pax have even sailed. Talk about negativity. Some are not even giving the ship a chance to prove itself before condemning it to failure.

The biggest complainers I've read are those chipping away at every aspect of the ship before the first pax have even sailed. Talk about negativity. Some are not even giving the ship a chance to prove itself before condemning it to failure.

Nope, people complaining about others complaining, never pretty.

So many people have given all of us so much info about the Edge they should be appreciated. To call for this thread to be closed is ridiculous. If you don’t like it sobeit.

But when someone says it’s time to shutdown this thread.....

Yes I agree the thread doesn't need to be shut down, but that person is entitled to that opinion. There is a ton of great information here as well as pics. I know I have really enjoyed it, especially all the contributions from Lloyd. I do feel some aspects of it have gotten a little out of hand, such as some of the nit picking about details. Some is warranted of course but I just feel some people have lost sight of the fact that EDGE is supposed to be new and exciting. Not more of the same. One of the things I love about Celebrity/Royal Caribbean is the fact they are willing to take risks and do something different. It's how the industry evolves. Not every risk will be successful, but there is only one way to find out.

I do feel information about specific cabins and locations on the ship would be better served on a specific thread dealing with cabin locations or details.

Well said, thank you!

to the folks who are upset by my comments, I just want to say that it wasnt meant to be mean or offensive to anyone. I started following this thread not too long after it was started (Dec 2016 I believe by Lloyd, who has been amazing!! Thank you Lloyd. It has been a fun and informative thread all these months, but it seems that over time, it has acquired a huge number of followers and we have endless posts caught up in the minutiae...true, its just my opinion....but we are all allowed our own opinions and just because it doesnt align with yours doesnt mean you should attack me for it. I never singled anyone out in my original post. And as far as closing a thread, it happens all the time when they get too big. I’m just saying maybe multiple threads focusing on different elements of the Edge might serve everyone better. Anyway, I promise, last word on all this...dont want to beat a dead horse. Goodnight and smooth sailing to all.

Can’t agree, this is Cruise Critic and it is a place to voice our thoughts and concerns. Why dis others?

We have 3 Edge cruises booked this winter and you?

Katie

Let's see...in your 18 years on these boards and multiple new builds and classes rolled out in all that time, you really can't be serious about negativity about new builds or concerns.

I don't agree that anyone here is condemning this ship on this thread and I don't agree that anyone is condemning it to failure.

Those are very harsh interpreations and I think that you are overreacting. I have appreaciated your reviews, but I can't say I am appreciating these comments one bit. You may be frustrated and annoyed, but try to be accurate.

Yes I agree the thread doesn't need to be shut down, but that person is entitled to that opinion. There is a ton of great information here as well as pics. I know I have really enjoyed it, especially all the contributions from Lloyd.

Thanks, but don’t forget vtcruising.

Let's see...in your 18 years on these boards and multiple new builds and classes rolled out in all that time, you really can't be serious about negativity about new builds or concerns.

Those are very harsh interpreations and I think that you are overreacting. I have appreaciated your reviews, but I can't say I am appreciating these comments one bit. You may be frustrated and annoyed, but try to be accurate.

I've followed lots of prototype new builds over the years on CC with many cruise lines. Yes they all share a certain amount of criticism before they even make a debut, but I don't quite recall any having the intense scrutiny that I've seen EDGE receive on this thread. As I've mentioned some is justified, and some is just plain nit picking without seeing or knowing how it will really be first hand. I'm trying to stay excited about the ship, but some of the comments are a downright buzz kill.

I'm sorry if you don't appreciate some of my comments. Such is life. There are quite a few comments I haven't appreciated either. Some almost to the point of personal attacks. I'm tough though and I can take it. I've been here a long time and I don't get too worked up over comments from perfect strangers.

I've followed lots of prototype new builds over the years on CC with many cruise lines. Yes they all share a certain amount of criticism before they even make a debut, but I don't quite recall any having the intense scrutiny that I've seen EDGE receive on this thread. As I've mentioned some is justified, and some is just plain nit picking without seeing or knowing how it will really be first hand. I'm trying to stay excited about the ship, but some of the comments are a downright buzz kill.

I'm sorry if you don't appreciate some of my comments. Such is life. There are quite a few comments I haven't appreciated either. Some almost to the point of personal attacks. I'm tough though and I can take it. I've been here a long time and I don't get too worked up over comments from perfect strangers.

I really hope that you are not getting down on the excitement because of veranda chairs. I myself did not get too overworked about dining room chairs being too small or flimsy accomdate able bodies or nightstands too small for cpap machines when S Class first rolled out. And so on and so forth...likely all from well intentioned and concerned people who were apprehensive about how accomodations would affect them and who were not comfortable risk takers with those new builds.

They have sailed and adjusted and enjoyed. I know this to be true.;)

We have 3 Edge cruises booked this winter and you?

Katie

I have one sailing booked on EDGE. That is enough for now. Anyway I usually don't sail on a ship more than once unless it's truly exceptional. QM2 is one of those ships. I prefer to sail on as many different ships and lines as possible. I am very excited about EDGE though, followed by the new Virgin Voyages ship which I already put down a deposit on. We have some other really cool projects in the works as well with various cruise lines, but Royal Caribbean/Celebrity never fail to disappoint IMO.