Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Have to admit that that photo of the atrium reminds me of the main feature in the atrium of P&O's Britannia ! Here is the link -- you'll see what I mean re the main feature

Very interesting comparison.....hope EDGE will never be that crowded !

As an aside, for safety reasons, we avoid all circular stairways with steps of varied sizes, many which have a slippery floor surface, There is usually a regular stairway nearby,

Some say the the EDGE theater is going to be like one on a Holland Am ship ( ?). Hoping for that reveal soon!

Have not been on HAL (?) but someone awhile ago posted the theatre pics...looked quite similar.

We've enjoyed a theater in the round on LI for many years... It is a bit awkward for traditional Broadway type shows but awesome for concerts, comedy and dance shows.. anything without too much set scenery.

. It will be an exciting venue on EDGE..hope the shows and acts they offer will do it justice..and not be too loud! The first shows on Solstice ships were truly awesome...slipped over time!

Awesome... thanks for getting it full size!

I am sure the X decor will be different but theater in the round is always exciting...visually, acoustically etc, Our local theater is truly a round stage in the middle...this Holland Am pic is more a semi circle

Wonder when that area will be revealed aling with the entertainment plans???

Yes... I forgot about that. I did not realuze it was round... It is an excellent space and the shows are spectacular considering size limitations!

Do you think they may have an ice entertainment component in the EDGE theatre????

That would be COOL !

Yes... I forgot about that. I did not realuze it was round... It is an excellent space and the shows are spectacular considering size limitations!

Do you think they may have an ice entertainment component in the EDGE theatre????

That would be COOL !

I doubt it! I think they save the water and ice shows for their sister Royal ships.

These are the pictures of the presumed theater in the round posted here so far. Has anyone seen more recent pictures?

We just have these photos so far.

0900a541d4245c0a5f50687e920cfbd1.jpg81471e622936fb58fe73e7f23c1e3f47.jpgac330988418c01b6f899824b460548ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

That's right - I forgot about those. Thanks, Lloyd! Looks like another cutting edge venue to look forward to experiencing onboard! It makes me hopeful for some new, exciting entertainment.

Hopefully an entertainment announcement will happen at the end of this month (I don't know anything, but just hoping, as the last major announcements were 2 months apart and it will be two months since the spa announcement next week - also we are running out of months, with much more to be revealed). :D

I just got off the Equinox and while onboard watched their video on the construction of the Reflection. I have a question for anyone in the know. Is Edge being constructed in the same way? In the Reflection is looks like they insert the cabins into the ship and then they are moved into place... At least that was my impression. On the Edge It looks like they have the whole block of cabins together and then insert the completed block... am I interpreting this correctly or so they do it the same way. I am not an engineer, but having family who were... I do find myself interested in how things are made. I hope and assume that they will make a similar video for the Edge.

I just got off the Equinox and while onboard watched their video on the construction of the Reflection. I have a question for anyone in the know. Is Edge being constructed in the same way? In the Reflection is looks like they insert the cabins into the ship and then they are moved into place... At least that was my impression. On the Edge It looks like they have the whole block of cabins together and then insert the completed block... am I interpreting this correctly or so they do it the same way. I am not an engineer, but having family who were... I do find myself interested in how things are made. I hope and assume that they will make a similar video for the Edge.

I am not an engineer or expert on this issue but, having followed a few ship constructions here on CC I can give you what I have seen.

The construction of majority of cabins is done in a factory and reassembled. When all the major blocks of the ship are put together there are certain parts on both side of the ship and on all cabin decks that are left with wide openings. An external lift (several pages back there are photos of such a lift) is then used to pull the cabins into these openings and move them into place and finish the plumbing and electrical connections for each cabin. Other fixtures are also added after this assembly. This process is repeated for all decks. Other specialized suite cabins are actually built on the ship.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I wondered.... fascinating process.... interesting how they assemble these blocks... and the implications of getting the measurements off....

Here are some photos that Lloyd posted back on page 80, starting with post 1589. I’m sure there are several others.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2428652&page=80

While you don’t see the cabins being lifted here you will get the idea of what I explained above.

2ae820f6cd79bc76b6bc23237d936f7f.jpg

a0da37498e2e0b683c8298019ea64bda.jpg

3015a118ae32069bc36293a8bf3c9f6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These are the pictures of the presumed theater in the round posted here so far. Has anyone seen more recent pictures? How does the HAL theater work?

f82af17018641744adea10b9edd2eaa4.jpg

1b5be9c2905019906e2321b88cc59231.jpg

2b743d3416e90f05f03140dc8732788c.jpg

4d8130947b2bb2b75a919960c213e6ad.jpg

838e57b039b98d455be5da66e068245d.jpg

Thanks

Lloyd posted these a while back, but they are and matched with what Lloyd just posted

A gust of wind?

Some shipyard workers needing some light inside the cabins?

Bob from Liverpool?

Pierre from Nantes?

A mischievous seagull?

Eddy from Saskatchewan?

Something or somebody pulled aside the covering. [emoji12]

f8e594c8d5baf3516cc030b52fb506f5.jpg

43b6bc89761b07efae7ca5a8e5334393.jpg

71e7c717a9ddce1435845ce5c9e5fdbe.jpg

b1eeaad31e200400d44a1f9c909e7967.jpg

b8dd97f063b64b14130a271f83ff1e6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Lloyd555