Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I think you are on to something.... Unlike other ships with traditional balconies... the crew can not simply to out on the balcony and clean the windows and glass part of the railing...

Those rails are not close to any balconies but directly underneath public areas. Those big glass areas can only be cleaned from the outside with sort of a gondola running on tracks. That´s common with all large ships.

steamboats

Thanks for the map.

I'm not that great with maps but for some of our Port Ev cruises, we were directed to drop off luggage at the ship, then had to back track to the midport garage..and then had to catch a shuttle bus and circle around again with our carryons to the ship...also a big fiasco at disembark.

Nothing about a new modern terminal would make up for those awful trips..but I do see a parking garage that looks closer..so maybe it will be the one assigned. Very hopeful there will be an improvement. I am sure they were aware of the past messes and snarls.

The midport garage will still be the closet to the terminal and they will still have the shuttle busses. However, with the improved vehicular traffic circulation and revamped pickup and drop off areas, hopefully it will be less stressful

Those rails are not close to any balconies but directly underneath public areas. Those big glass areas can only be cleaned from the outside with sort of a gondola running on tracks. That´s common with all large ships.

steamboats

Yes, but the rail must be at the edge of an already very big overhang (a sort of Celebrity trademark). We’re on the deck directly under the overhang. It’ll be interesting...

It is directly at the overhang. And the overhang has public spaces with huge glass panels. So that´s it. You will see similar rails on other ships too.

Exactly. These rails are found on every ship either for a cleaning gondola to easily move around the exterior or for window washers to attach their safety harnesses.

277A323D-8D54-4988-8924-4AA70E289658-500x321.png

I thought we'd be parking in the garage to the east of the #19 on the map. I think I've done that many times. It's not a long walk -- but Mr. B. always drops me off with the luggage and I wait and watch for him. The thing that annoys me the most about it is he just crosses willy nilly anywhere he pleases. I don't know why he can't go to the zebra crosswalk.

The only time I recall a shuttle bus was a time we left from one dock area and returned to a distant one (e.g. left from 4 but returned to 25).

Actually, I see that the green P designation doesn't show if it's a surface lot or a garage. At 4, I believe the P to the west is surface, while the P to the north is garage.

Does anyone know if Deluxe OceanView #9111 is truly as large as noted on the plans? I am booked in this cabin February 2019. Can't wait no matter what.

Well the website says it has 238 sqft. I am guessing that this is an average for this class of cabin. Not sure if there is much variation in size among the same class of cabin. We won't know until passengers can assess... but that seems like a nice size. That is larger than the panorama ocean view on deck six... at 212 sqft and just a tad smaller than the infinity veranda along with the balcony... 202 sq ft for cabin and 42 for the veranda portion. Nice view out front from there.:)

The midport garage will still be the closet to the terminal and they will still have the shuttle busses. However, with the improved vehicular traffic circulation and revamped pickup and drop off areas, hopefully it will be less stressful

Disappointing...driving in the long line of passenger cars to drop off luggage, back tracking around to the car park, and then taking a shuttle to check in with even small carry ons, is a huge hassle,,,esp in that area of the port...There is very busy commercial cross traffic as well.

. oh well , we shall try it again.. and leave extra time for in port travel . Hope they truly do improve the flow. Other option would be park at a private lot and take their shuttle into the port...we'll possibly look into that ...

I thought we'd be parking in the garage to the east of the #19 on the map. I think I've done that many times. It's not a long walk -- but Mr. B. always drops me off with the luggage and I wait and watch for him. The thing that annoys me the most about it is he just crosses willy nilly anywhere he pleases. I don't know why he can't go to the zebra crosswalk.

The only time I recall a shuttle bus was a time we left from one dock area and returned to a distant one (e.g. left from 4 but returned to 25).

Actually, I see that the green P designation doesn't show if it's a surface lot or a garage. At 4, I believe the P to the west is surface, while the P to the north is garage.

We'll check out the options and maybe check the Fla port boards for ideas,,,,, but walking anywhere in that area is risky and we prefer to stay together,

Best berth is all the way on the other end by the Convention Center.,,we were able to park in an outdoor lot and walked very few steps to board Connie, That was very convenient,

Any ideas on how air conditioning will be "tolerating" infinite verandas? on all the ships they request the balcony doors to be shut for aircon to work properly. What about the Edge? Apologies if this question has been discussed and I've missed it.

Any ideas on how air conditioning will be "tolerating" infinite verandas? on all the ships they request the balcony doors to be shut for aircon to work properly. What about the Edge? Apologies if this question has been discussed and I've missed it.

Hi Kiwi:

I have wondered about that too. My guess is that it is similar to a traditional balcony in that when the balcony window is down so that it is a veranda, most likely leaving the accordion doors open will impact the AC (just like at home, we close our windows when the AC is on). When the balcony window is up, it is fine to leave the accordion doors open and then you have 42 extra sq ft in your cabin. The walls of the balcony are more like regular walls, which gives a closed system for the AC, as well as more privacy and less noise on your balcony, which is nice. One downside is that they can't be connected to the balcony next door, if you are traveling with others and wish to do so.

I do have to say that I really like the exterior look of the Edge with the IVs. When I look at the M and S Class ships, they just aren't as sleek-looking to me now, with the balconies jutting out. I hope the IVs are well-loved, especially since 70% of the cabins have them.

Erm no! Your guess is as good as mine. We will know more by end of November!

My guess is since the windows are electric, as soon as the glass is opened, the A/C shuts off. so the whole cabin becomes a veranda

Edge rooftop garden has some trees.

They're going to go thru a lot of shears trimming them! [emoji12]fc724c592be591abe0d4b8a58413c690.jpgfa7e9ce594d4df3493e258cfd1a36ff0.jpg

Reveal rendering

b621afdcdb13325b1d0c3d9caf789b56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Looks something like photos of Singapore in other cruise line brochures..

I think they are beautiful...but they sure are massive.

Edge rooftop garden has some trees.

They're going to go thru a lot of shears trimming them! [emoji12]fc724c592be591abe0d4b8a58413c690.jpgfa7e9ce594d4df3493e258cfd1a36ff0.jpg

Reveal rendering

b621afdcdb13325b1d0c3d9caf789b56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Those trees really do look like some ancient weapons.... as they say on “Forged in Fire” .. “ Those blades (in this case leaves) will keeel”...look great though