Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I'm not sure if I have seen this picture on here. It is a unique view of the Magic Carpet and S3's.

Oddly, all the balconies are in the sun, despite the Magic Carpet placed like a baseball cap visor right over them.

Oddly, all the balconies are in the sun, despite the Magic Carpet placed like a baseball cap visor right over them.

Ha! I did notice that it was sunny at the shipyard, which meant it was fairly recent (many earlier pictures of the build showed dark and dreary weather). I didn't notice the sunny S3's - happy to see that (for at least part of the day)!

I am happy to see windows in the dining areas and I hope they don't cover them. So many of the windows on S class are essentially covered up with drapes or curtains (martini bar and Cellar Masters in particular). The whole reason to go to sea is to see the water. My one complaint on Oasis class ships are the lack of water views from public areas.... vs Radiance class ships

gosh whenever I look at these progress photos it seems like they still have SO much to do until the first sailing. only about 5 months to go!

Bring your tool belt, we may be tightening up a few bolts and things on the early cruises... sort of a habitat for humanity cruise... All kidding aside... it is amazing how much still needs to be done... but fortunately they have made a few ships before. I do wonder if they are on track based on their schedule. It is the first, so still some learning curve on this ship's unique features. Love seeing the photos of the progress... helps make the months pass.

The Shipyard still have over 5 1/2 months to complete this project.

which doesn't seem like that much time when you look at the interiors! and to think, all the electrical and moving parts need to function correctly and reliably. just seems like a huge undertaking to be done that quickly.

which doesn't seem like that much time when you look at the interiors! and to think, all the electrical and moving parts need to function correctly and reliably. just seems like a huge undertaking to be done that quickly.

Yes the electrical and infracstatural takes the longest. Finishes and esthetics are quick. Some times they crew takes care of the esthetic as they cross the pond.

Lloyd, as always great progress pics and thanks for posting!

One thing that stood out to me in this picture is it looks like the Cosmo is three levels. Anyone else see this or am I misinterpreting something in the picture?

c3fecb426a6ab97c4a1d4f8eb40fdc71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jryan110

One thing that stood out to me in this picture is it looks like the Cosmo is three levels. Anyone else see this or am I misinterpreting something in the picture?c3fecb426a6ab97c4a1d4f8eb40fdc71.jpg

Yes and perhaps more, just like in the solstice class. I also see half a floor where the scaffold are located

One thing that stood out to me in this picture is it looks like the Cosmo is three levels. Anyone else see this or am I misinterpreting something in the picture?

I believe that photo is the Atrium...

c3fecb426a6ab97c4a1d4f8eb40fdc71.jpg

I believe Cosmo is the first 2 pictures only and this is the 3 story atrium (decks 3, 4, 5 mid-ship). Looks like it is going to be pretty sweet! :D

I believe Cosmo is the first 2 pictures only and this is the 3 story atrium (decks 3, 4, 5 mid-ship). Looks like it is going to be pretty sweet! :D

This would all make much more sense, thanks for the clarification.

Bring your tool belt, we may be tightening up a few bolts and things on the early cruises... sort of a habitat for humanity cruise... All kidding aside... it is amazing how much still needs to be done... but fortunately they have made a few ships before. I do wonder if they are on track based on their schedule. It is the first, so still some learning curve on this ship's unique features. Love seeing the photos of the progress... helps make the months pass.

I believe that this particular shipyard will meet or beat their schedule. They always do. The ship and its systems will be checked and re-checked multiple times and then again during and after sea trials. No need for me to bring my tools! But we do need to bring our patience and understanding on the first several cruises. The staff on board will be unfamiliar and learning new things, and just establishing their teams and approaches. That is where some passengers will no doubt start their complaints elsewhere on these boards. Bet on it!