Live from Ruby...

WINEMANVISALIA

Wonderful day in Mazatlan...took Stone Island tour we drank beer...ate coconut shrimp at Victor's...not crowded..nice waves...a touch of old Mexico! Back on ship to get ready for mariachis, showtime and more Margaritas!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

WOOHOO! Glad to hear Victor's is still open on the beach!

We had seen some posts that suggested it may be closed.

Have gone there each time we visited in the past (with "Randy's Happy Horses" :( ) and plan to go again on our own when we are on this cruise in February!

THANKS FOR YOUR UPDATES!

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

And...Stone Island horses.. had a good time with Maria's Happy Horses with Sophie and Jeff who picked us up outside Mazatlan cruise terminal building at 10:30am...they had our names on signs...then we took taxi to where you board little boats Togo to Stone Island...the beach is still big you rode for over an hour...must do if you are in Mazatlan...

Wonderful day in Mazatlan...took Stone Island tour we drank beer...ate coconut shrimp at Victor's...not crowded..nice waves...a touch of old Mexico! Back on ship to get ready for mariachis, showtime and more Margaritas!

Who did you book the Stone Island tour with. Was it from Princess or did you book on your own. Can you put info on here please, as I've never been to Stone Island....... Thanks Karen

To the OP

It seems that you are enjoying the cruise!

Could you please post the name of the CD ?

Thank you !

Cruise director is Peter Tredgett who does morning show explaining activities during the day..

Last night was formal night...about 1/3 dress up...the rest of us did casual chic or casual whatever...

Santa arrived for photo ops with all of us and our kids...in atrium area deck 7...very nice idea!

Captain's party was at 7pm...free drinks and nibbles..the Lin family won most days on Princess cruise 1736 days!..nice get together!

Thursday night football was on MUTS...the Raiders lost to the Chiefs...nice option for us guys..

Travel tip...Cabo is very hot and if you do much walking you will be exhausted for on board activities...suggest you go easy at this port like a whale or arches tour..there is so much on the Ruby to do that you want to be awake..for instance we missed balloon drop at 11am which we love but too many beers with chips and salsa followed by a few margaritas got us sleepy too early...oh well, next cruise we will do better😀😁😂😊

Cruise director is Peter Tredgett who does morning show explaining activities during the day..

Last night was formal night...about 1/3 dress up...the rest of us did casual chic or casual whatever...

Santa arrived for photo ops with all of us and our kids...in atrium area deck 7...very nice idea!

Captain's party was at 7pm...free drinks and nibbles..the Lin family won most days on Princess cruise 1736 days!..nice get together!

Thursday night football was on MUTS...the Raiders lost to the Chiefs...nice option for us guys..

Travel tip...Cabo is very hot and if you do much walking you will be exhausted for on board activities...suggest you go easy at this port like a whale or arches tour..there is so much on the Ruby to do that you want to be awake..for instance we missed balloon drop at 11am which we love but too many beers with chips and salsa followed by a few margaritas got us sleepy too early...oh well, next cruise we will do better😀😁😂😊

Nowhere to get beer or margarita in Cabo?

Wow this must be changing? Because we are sailing on the 22nd on the Ruby and just got our entertainment email and it was signed.

Sincerely,

Angela Kristensen

Cruise Director

I never care about cruise directors, but I really enjoyed Peter Tredget.

So cool that Santa came early! My kids love the Santa part during holiday cruises.

I think the only balloon drop I've ever seen was NYE's on a cruise.

They did a balloon drop on our Thanksgiving cruise and the kids all got balloons, but I wasn't there for it.

I love the Ruby. Wish I was going on her for Christmas.

Overall, we had great time... food was very good...breakfast was easy for us..omelette station order then we added breads and pastries...sat overlooking aft pool on deck 15...gave omelette order to server and they brought the orders to us with coffee...nice..

Lunch was eaten everywhere on the ship...gelato in the piazza.. horizon for entrees and trident grill for hamburgers...Dinner was done the same way..we chose not to eat in MDR or specialty restaurants as just wanted to be with whomever we wanted to meet..

Entertainment was also very good Kumari guitarist played 60's music. Mariachis were authentic and played requests....poolside music was very danceable...crooners bar was comfortable and piano man rocked...adagio bar very cozy... Skywalker was so so...anyway no problem being entertained..

The only issues revolved around uneven service from cabin steward the first couple of days but it was all straightened out and he was very attentive the rest of the cruise...also the bathroom was a bit small for us..smallest balcony room and shower was butt close!...would recommend minisuite or full suite!

Internet was very reliable and princess at sea app makes it efficient to check your bill daily and see lists of activities on both our tablets..yayyyy Princess!

The ports were appealing...though 3 ports in a row can be exhausting...just pace yourselves and you will do fine!

Okay, folks...get out there and cruise!

Overall, we had great time... food was very good...breakfast was easy for us..omelette station order then we added breads and pastries...sat overlooking aft pool on deck 15...gave omelette order to server and they brought the orders to us with coffee...nice..

Lunch was eaten everywhere on the ship...gelato in the piazza.. horizon for entrees and trident grill for hamburgers...Dinner was done the same way..we chose not to eat in MDR or specialty restaurants as just wanted to be with whomever we wanted to meet..

Entertainment was also very good Kumari guitarist played 60's music. Mariachis were authentic and played requests....poolside music was very danceable...crooners bar was comfortable and piano man rocked...adagio bar very cozy... Skywalker was so so...anyway no problem being entertained..

The only issues revolved around uneven service from cabin steward the first couple of days but it was all straightened out and he was very attentive the rest of the cruise...also the bathroom was a bit small for us..smallest balcony room and shower was butt close!...would recommend minisuite or full suite!

Internet was very reliable and princess at sea app makes it efficient to check your bill daily and see lists of activities on both our tablets..yayyyy Princess!

The ports were appealing...though 3 ports in a row can be exhausting...just pace yourselves and you will do fine!

Okay, folks...get out there and cruise!