Shorts in MDR on Allure

200_s.gif

I was wondering when you would bring this out... honestly I thought you would have brought it out a lot earlier...

I think it is a fun debate . Love to see people get all twisted up over something they hold sacred. These same people that say no shorts in MDR are many of the first to say ignore the request by Royal to board by deck number.

I don't know why, but I love these threads. Something about the use of all caps angrily and condescendingly directed at those who refuse to do what the poster feels is the right thing amuses me. Anyone who has been on large cruise knows full well that there are thousands of people....all sizes, shapes, ages, origins, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds...you pass by them on your way to your table and barely give them a glance. That people are actually on here passionately taking a position that implies anyone wearing something they don't approve of is lessening the value of their cruise is simply bizarre when you think about it.

Edited by CruisinShips

I don't know why, but I love these threads. Something about the use of all caps angrily and condescendingly directed at those who refuse to do what feel is the right thing amuses me. Anyone who has been on large cruise knows full well that there are thousands of people....all sizes, shapes, ages, origins, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds...you pass by them on your way to your table and barely give them a glance. That people are actually on here passionately taking a position that implies anyone wearing something they don't approve of is lessening the value of their cruise is simply bizarre when you think about it.

Only on CC.

The problem with America is too many people are worried about everyone else other than....

WAIT FOR IT......

THEMSELVES!!!!!!

Well I guess o, but when people start talking about young people of today, the discussion generally goes toward...

Wait for It...

self-serving, rude, self involved, and no concern for others.

So maybe it's a generational thing, but the next time someone in front of you lets the door slams in your face, just remember that too many people are worried about everyone else. Of if you are on the ship, it's ok because it's their vacation.

Burt

Burt

Hi guys,

Carnival cruiser here looking to book my first cruise on RCCL on the Allure. Every carnival cruise I was allowed to wear nice shorts and shirt in the MDR. Formal nights I would wear khaki pants or nice jeans. I was reading that RCCL doesn't allow shorts at all in the MDR. Is this strictly enforced or can I put on a nice pair of shorts and shoes? I know this may be pushing it but I also wore flip flops every night in the MDR as well on Carnival. Would I get turned away for these things?

Thanks.

Just wear Khaki's man. Nothing wrong with stepping it up a notch or two compared to what you usually wear.

So maybe it's a generational thing, but the next time someone in front of you lets the door slams in your face, just remember that too many people are worried about everyone else. Of if you are on the ship, it's ok because it's their vacation.

So you think wearing shorts in the MDR is an age/generational thing?

This is terrible. All of the class has been sucked right out of cruising.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That happened many years ago with the expansion of cruise ships and the massive growth of the cruise industry. Royal, Carnival, NCL....appeal to the masses.

I don't know why, but I love these threads. Something about the use of all caps angrily and condescendingly directed at those who refuse to do what the poster feels is the right thing amuses me. Anyone who has been on large cruise knows full well that there are thousands of people....all sizes, shapes, ages, origins, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds...you pass by them on your way to your table and barely give them a glance. That people are actually on here passionately taking a position that implies anyone wearing something they don't approve of is lessening the value of their cruise is simply bizarre when you think about it.

It's ok until people start calling each other names.... debate is good for the soul... losing ones cool is not

I love stirring the POT.... you would never know me on a cruise...LOL

So you think wearing shorts in the MDR is an age/generational thing?

Heck no, I am old (I think) but the SO is YOUNG (in case she is reading)...

I wear proper attire but could care less what other wear. WE DON'T LET IT AFFECT OUR CRUISE.... Why can't others...

Heck no, I am old (I think) but the SO is YOUNG (in case she is reading)...

I wear proper attire but could care less what other wear. WE DON'T LET IT AFFECT OUR CRUISE.... Why can't others...

LOL I'm with you on all of that. (And for the record, I board whenever the hell I feel like getting there!)

On the Mariner now and the dress code for the first night was "casual". A ton of people in shorts and t-shirts were waiting to get into the MDR. However this cruise and its atmosphere has been modified to suit the geographical demographic it primarily serves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums