Drinking Problem

If I understand correctly, when you board the Harmony you do not get your sea pass at check in. You hold on to your boarding pass until 1 PM, and at that time one sea pass is outside your cabin and one inside on your desk, with your Wow Bands.

So will we be able to use our drink package at the pool bar at noon? After boarding early this is our usual way to start our cruise!!!

If I understand correctly, when you board the Harmony you do not get your sea pass at check in. You hold on to your boarding pass until 1 PM, and at that time one sea pass is outside your cabin and one inside on your desk, with your Wow Bands.

So will we be able to use our drink package at the pool bar at noon? After boarding early this is our usual way to start our cruise!!!

Can I ask where you got this information?

It's my understanding that WOW bands are only in your room if you are a suite guest?! I may be mistaken... But from everything I have read WOW bands are not FREE but are available for purchase.

Yes, you can buy drinks and use your drink package by having the bar server scan your SetSail pass.

I haven't cruised since last November...we had a suite...what is a Wow Band? And is it true they don't give your sea pass at check in anymore?

Mixed messages here:rolleyes:

a WOW band is a plastic band used on smart-ships like Quantum class and Harmony, wear it on your wrist and used to open doors or just hold over the reader to pay for your purchases.

Likewise on smart-ships you don't get your seapass cards at check in. One will be in an envelope outside your door and the others will be waiting on your bed. If you want to drink etc before you get hold of your seapass cards then you just use the barcode on your paper seapass

If you aren't on a smart-ship then it is usual procedures.

Edited by little britain

I haven't cruised since last November...we had a suite...what is a Wow Band? And is it true they don't give your sea pass at check in anymore?

Wow band at the bottom of this page: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/already-booked/smart-check-in/

Only used on Quantum class and Harmony.

Board later???

Thanks for the replys

. I got the info from reading member reviews on the Harmony.

I also read that while they are introducing the Wow Bands they are free on some sailings, but will be $5 a piece down the road.

I wouldn't mind boarding later but we get antsy at home, we live in Fort Lauderdale, so getting to the port early is just part of our routine.

Thanks for the replys

. I got the info from reading member reviews on the Harmony.

I also read that while they are introducing the Wow Bands they are free on some sailings, but will be $5 a piece down the road.

I wouldn't mind boarding later but we get antsy at home, we live in Fort Lauderdale, so getting to the port early is just part of our routine.

Board early. That's what we do. But then again we have to fly to the embarkation port and do a pre-cruise stay. We like to start the Cruise off by exploring the ship and enjoying a "we're on board drink". We don't concern ourselves with what time the rooms will be ready. Enjoy.

The Wow bands are a bit of a pain. We recently spent three weeks on Harmony and while we didn't get the wow bands those that did had to take them off and give to the bartender to get scanned. I'm sure some of the bars could scan their wrists but I saw a lot of bands coming off. They are certainly convenient for getting into your cabin though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was on Harmony over Thanksgiving. The bar tenders could not tell from our boarding pass that we had a drink package. They did end up taking our word for it though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thats the issue we had with Anthem last summer from Southampton. With some people it worked but for us it didn't.

We were served drinks anyway so I guess it must happen a lot before people get to their rooms for their cards.

I was on Harmony over Thanksgiving. The bar tenders could not tell from our boarding pass that we had a drink package. They did end up taking our word for it though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm reading just as an FYI for myself, but many reviews I read said that the bartenders would scan your setsail and if you had a drink package fine, but if you didn't you were charged normally. Now the next thing is RC isn't always known to be accurate!