The strangest complaint on my Anthem cruise

Just off the Anthem, had a fantastic time and can't wait to do it again in 60 days.

The strangest complaint happened a couple of times in the last couple days of the cruise - it had to do with getting the hour back that we had to give up the day before we got to San Juan. Twice I heard women complain that we should have gotten the hour back when we passed San Juan again on the way home instead of the last night. I just looked at my husband and shook my head and said, "what the heck difference could it possibly make to get the hour back on the last night or two days sooner?"

Just goes to show that people will complain about anything, whether or not it makes sense!

What a strange complaint. Maybe those people were not used to Foreign travel or going far from their homes.

We live in London and often go to France and we lose an hour going there, but we get it back when we come home. Maybe I should complain to Eurotunnel or P and O Ferries?

Just off the Anthem, had a fantastic time and can't wait to do it again in 60 days.

The strangest complaint happened a couple of times in the last couple days of the cruise - it had to do with getting the hour back that we had to give up the day before we got to San Juan. Twice I heard women complain that we should have gotten the hour back when we passed San Juan again on the way home instead of the last night. I just looked at my husband and shook my head and said, "what the heck difference could it possibly make to get the hour back on the last night or two

If the ship arbitrarily decided to change the time after the time really changed, I think I can see it. They would rather have had the hour to play on an evening that didn't end in a morning disembarkation.

If the ship changed time when the time really changed, then it's a sillier complaint.

It truly is nice when you get the hour back back on the last night. We had never experienced it before, but we had the extra hour time change on Liberty in September. It made that "Get off the Ship!" morning a little more bearable.

It is not ever a complaint....but I can understand their point. :D:):D Sorry. Mis-read we really liked the last night.

Edited by Coralc

The strangest complaint happened a couple of times in the last couple days of the cruise - it had to do with getting the hour back that we had to give up the day before we got to San Juan. Twice I heard women complain that we should have gotten the hour back when we passed San Juan again on the way home instead of the last night. I just looked at my husband and shook my head and said, "what the heck difference could it possibly make to get the hour back on the last night or two days sooner?"

Just goes to show that people will complain about anything, whether or not it makes sense!

Guarantee that never happened. I've read this same exact "complaint" on cruise mates. However, they mentioned that it was a joke told by Carnivals own John Heald.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just for fun, and to further the discussion: What about a cruise that sails over the start of daylight savings time? That cruise is scheduled to be one hour shorter than all others. Should it be discounted by the value of one hour? How much is one hour of cruise time worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other niggling thing Sam is the International Date Line. When we did Sydney to LA 10 years ago, we had two April 29th's because we crossed the date line. I assume if you are westbound you lose a day, so would go from April 28th straight to April 30th...so you've lost a whole day!

Simon

Guarantee that never happened. I've read this same exact "complaint" on cruise mates. However, they mentioned that it was a joke told by Carnivals own John Heald.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure how you can guarantee something that you weren't there to witness. I was in the elevator with a woman complaining to a member of staff, so yes, it did happen exactly the way I wrote it in my original post. And that was the second time I heard the same complaint, although I don't remember exactly where I was for the first one, on the same cruise.

Not sure how you can guarantee something that you weren't there to witness. I was in the elevator with a woman complaining to a member of staff, so yes, it did happen exactly the way I wrote it in my original post. And that was the second time I heard the same complaint, although I don't remember exactly where I was for the first one, on the same cruise.

I believed you.

You have CC cred.

;)

:D

If the ship arbitrarily decided to change the time after the time really changed, I think I can see it. They would rather have had the hour to play on an evening that didn't end in a morning disembarkation.

If the ship changed time when the time really changed, then it's a sillier complaint.

Our Oct 31 cruise did not change time on the day it officially changed in the states. We didn't get our hour back until the second to last night of the cruise which was almost a week after the "fall back". It was nice knowing we had an extra hour, but the only complaint was that people were confused when they didn't change it the Sun am it was supposed to.

I just go off too & heard 2 ladies complaining that there is now a bread basket on the table. I thought it was a good change because I hated the bread guy going around to tables & you having to point a piece of bread or two. If more bread was wanted you had to hail the bread guy again. I'll take the bread basket any day.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Transatlantic and changed the hour every two days...at midday :) One minute we were in the morning, one minute later we were late to lunch!!!

We have a house in the south of Portugal , near the Spain frontier and every time we go to Spain (almost everyday) we change the hour...no problem at all! Some people love to complain :)