Aurora going back into dry dock?

claudiniusmaximus

Hi

I was just reading on the Facebook group that someone's aurora cruise for October '17 has been cancelled and their TA has said it's because it's going into dry dock.

As it had a refit fairly recently, anyone heard any gossip about what this might be about?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do not believe every thing you read on Facebook. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi

I was just reading on the Facebook group that someone's aurora cruise for October '17 has been cancelled and their TA has said it's because it's going into dry dock.

As it had a refit fairly recently, anyone heard any gossip about what this might be about?

The P&O website is still selling cruises from mid September to mid November without a break for any stay in dry dock.

Lol yes other people on the Facebook page have said the website is still showing them for sale - but that's what the guy was told by his TA (allegedly).

We were due to sail on her a few years ago and a few months before it got cancelled to go into an un scheduled dry dock.

We got some OBC for an alternative cruise as a courtesy.

We are booked on her in December 17 so was just curious if anyone else had heard anything.

We're on Aurora at the moment and absolutely nothing has been said about the ship needing to go into dry dock again. All seems to be running incredibly well, Aurora is looking beautiful all decked out for Christmas. A fantastic ship!

On another board a woman has said that she has received a letter from P&O saying that her 24 night cruise on October 29th, R720, has been cancelled.

Looks like the whispers were right.

Lots of people on Facebook moaning about the cancellation but no one with a concrete reason for the cancellation

Which groups on FB....only seen one person mention it so far. But the cruise had now disappeared from PandO's website.

Something's up, then. Could it be a charter? That happens a lot with other lines - I've seen lots of posts about that happening on the celebrity forum, but I've not noticed it on the pando forum. Do p&o themselves make announcements when this sort of thing happens?

I'm sort of hoping they are using the time to replace all the blown windows in the crow's nest, spa, buffet area etc as it'll all be nice and lovely when I go on her shortly after[emoji6]

Edited by claudiniusmaximus

Looks like it is clearly linked to the return of Adonia. As far as I can see they are putting in 2 twelve night cruises. Although cannot see them on a list.

Looks like it is clearly linked to the return of Adonia. As far as I can see they are putting in 2 twelve night cruises. Although cannot see them on a list.

There are now 2 12 night cruises showing on P and O website, including a Norhern Lights cruise in mid November. Seems a little unfair to those booked on the original cruise.

P&O have done this in the past. Cancelled a long cruise that is not selling well and replaced by two (or more) short cruises. Nothing to stop the original bookers booking the two 12 day cruises back to back although I suppose the itinery will be different. It is the mainly retired people who have the time for a 24 night cruise. Anyone working would have difficulty getting that amount of time off.

Brian

The 12 night Iberia one looks good value at £799 for cheapest cabin - and that's select price too. Shame I've already booked for next year, Aurora is on my list to try! (as I had a 4 day cruise on her cancelled when they did her last re-fit!)

Edited by P&O SUE

We went on Aurora 2013. Our first P&O cruise was great - except for all the blown windows in the crows nest etc. After her refit we were expecting a fantastic looking ship - but none of the windows had been replaced and more had failed, That and the change from silver service plus poorer food was very disappointing and I made those comments on the survey form.

Never had any response.