Guaranteed Cabins Question

wendycook22

For the first time we have booked a guaranteed cabin. We don't care what deck we are on, but was curious how these rooms work.

I understand we may not know our room until we check in at the port.

My questions is do we just get what is left over? Or do they have some rooms that are saved as guaranteed rooms and not available for others to book?

Currently for our sailing there are only OV cabins on deck 7,8,9,10, nothing below. I was curious if that meant chances are we would be on one of these decks, or is there is an inventory saved for guaranteed rooms?

It isn't a huge deal either way, just curious how it may work.

Thanks in advance.

You will simply get one of the rooms that is left over. So could be any of the rooms that are available OR a room that is currently booked but becomes available because the person in them cancels or gets upgraded. So could be any OV room or higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will simply get one of the rooms that is left over.

So could be any of the rooms that are available OR a room that is currently booked but becomes available because the person in them cancels or gets upgraded. So could be any OV room or higher.

"Currently for our sailing there are only OV cabins on deck 7,8,9,10, nothing below.

I was curious if that meant chances are we would be on one of these decks,

or is there is an inventory saved for guaranteed rooms? "

I wish you the best!

Edited by $hip$hape

"Currently for our sailing there are only OV cabins on deck 7,8,9,10, nothing below.

I was curious if that meant chances are we would be on one of these decks,

or is there is an inventory saved for guaranteed rooms? "

I wish you the best!

Thanks! It really makes no difference to us what deck, or aft, mid or forward (that's why we decided to save same cash in the lower priced guaranteed rooms). I was just curious how the guaranteed rooms work.

We usually get a balcony (don't always use it as we don't spend much time in the room), but we just did a lot of renos on the house and the OV category made the trip very affordable so we could squeeze another one in for 2017 :)

Edited by wendycook22

One thing to note is that with most of the guarantee rooms, they do not come with any of the perks. So for a lot of people the additional price going from guarantee to non-guarantee is worth it for getting the UBP for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing to note is that with most of the guarantee rooms, they do not come with any of the perks. So for a lot of people the additional price going from guarantee to non-guarantee is worth it for getting the UBP for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, thanks for the heads up. I am sailing on the Sky, so it is all open bar :)

Yes; I think I understand what you are saying...

We went for the non-guaranteed, got the perk of the Ultimate Beverage Package for an

additional $270.00 service charge.

For the first time we have booked a guaranteed cabin. We don't care what deck we are on, but was curious how these rooms work.

I understand we may not know our room until we check in at the port.

My questions is do we just get what is left over? Or do they have some rooms that are saved as guaranteed rooms and not available for others to book?

Currently for our sailing there are only OV cabins on deck 7,8,9,10, nothing below. I was curious if that meant chances are we would be on one of these decks, or is there is an inventory saved for guaranteed rooms?

It isn't a huge deal either way, just curious how it may work.

Thanks in advance.

We book guarantees about half the time and have gotten great cabins every time (so far!). Currently elected to do a BX (balcony guarantee) for a TA to Copenhagen on 4/30 and just got our cabin assignment. A family balcony (2 of us:D) with a larger, angled balcony and good deck. Very pleased and would probably not upsell later because it's a great location. When we booked, a guarantee balcony was over $400 less pp, more than enough to cover moderate drinking. Not leftover, balconies are sold out on this cruise. Hope this helps.

On the subject of guaranteed cabins I have a BB balcony guarantee on a March sailing of the Spirit. According to NCL website all cabins apart from interior are sold out. Can someone explain how they will be able to fulfil the guarantee?

The upgrade fairy will call booked balcony members to upgrade to a mini suite or suite for $$$. You will get a balcony or higher grade as booked and you are accounted for in the bookings although you may not have been assigned a room as of yet. We once got a mini suite for a guarantee balcony rate :) generally you will get a balcony either forward or aft for a guarantee rate.

On the subject of guaranteed cabins I have a BB balcony guarantee on a March sailing of the Spirit. According to NCL website all cabins apart from interior are sold out. Can someone explain how they will be able to fulfil the guarantee?

There may be blocks of cabins still held back in inventory and they may expect a certain percentage of those already booked to upgrade or cancel.

Guarantees don't get perks? NOT TRUE!! My parents booked a GTY interior room on the Epic for Dec. 30, and they got the UBP perk (choice of four...UBP is a no-brainer).
That is because you're sailing on the NYE cruise which has it's own inflated pricing structure so the guarantee cabins are the same as the ones that you can pick your perk with. For that sailing in 2017, all available inside cabins including guarantees are now 949 plus taxes. IA, IB, IC, ID, IE, IF, and IX.

I booked a guaranteed balcony on the Spirit for March 2017 back in April and got our cabin allocation in a few days, we are on deck 9. Also got the drinks package thrown in.

Look on your booking on the Norwegian UK site, you may have a cabin already.

I booked a guaranteed balcony on the Spirit for March 2017 back in April and got our cabin allocation in a few days, we are on deck 9. Also got the drinks package thrown in.

Look on your booking on the Norwegian UK site, you may have a cabin already.

Checked site and no allocation yet. Have not completed check in yet, would that make a difference?

Checked site and no allocation yet. Have not completed check in yet, would that make a difference?

No won't make any difference, I don't know why I got mine so early, but I also did on a previous Spirit cruise. It's quite exciting checking NCL site, one day there will be a cabin number there for you. Enjoy your cruise, love the Spirit, not glitzy but it has its own charm.

• 4 weeks later...
Checked MyNcl and just been assigned a BB balcony on deck 11, very pleased as not far from our other one on deck 10. For the record it is 60 days to sailing.

Glad it worked out!

We are 19 days out, booked a guaranteed OV. All OV categories have been showing sold out for about a week. My guess is they are working on trying to get people to upgrade. There are a small handful of balconies left. Hopefully we will be assigned soon, the other couple we are travelling with has had their cabin for about a week. 😀 Anxiously but patiently waiting.

Glad it worked out!

We are 19 days out, booked a guaranteed OV. All OV categories have been showing sold out for about a week. My guess is they are working on trying to get people to upgrade. There are a small handful of balconies left. Hopefully we will be assigned soon, the other couple we are travelling with has had their cabin for about a week. 😀 Anxiously but patiently waiting.

Now my cruise has disappeared...keeping my fingers crossed it may mean an assigned stateroom soon! :)

Very excited for my in laws as it will be their first cruise, something nice and short to see how they manage being on a ship in the ocean (taking them on the Sky).

It is hubby and mines first NCL sailing and we will be keeping our expectations low as we are use to newer ships and Celebrity, and are aware this cruise will be very different than our usual experience. We just like to get away and have fun, so we won't have an issue.

• 11 months later...

Originally booked inside for 599 with free ultimate beverage package. Saw a deal for balcony guarantee for 899 with all four perks free. (Ultimate beverage,free internet,free specialty dining and shore excursion credit and $100 onboard credit). Did the upgrade 300 each and ended up with b6 large balcony room. Awesome deal and a great room.